Niki's journey from scruffy to sophisticated!!

Hi niki, you have done fantastic hope i can acheive what you have!! Im on day 10 at tho mo!
Can i ask how much uve lost altogether & how many weeks?

Hi Skinny2be!!

I had my 9th weigh in on Wednesday and have lost 2 stone 11lbs so far! So, 39lbs altogether!

My new Chanel glasses arrived! I love them....I am actually wearing a suit for the first time in about 3 years today! And it's light grey and NOT black! A lot of people in my office have commented how smart I am looking and to me, that is more of a compliment than looking 'sexy' or 'hot' ! Obviously they wouldnt say that to me in a work environment anyway but you know what I mean......I finally feel like I'm getting taken a bit more seriously. Perhaps it's in my mind? I don't think it is. But I KNOW I look prettier than before and my confidence is increasing, so maybe thats why people are having a different reaction to me.

My boss is essentially promoting me to do the work I wanted to do, rather than the PA side of things. This is a direct result of me having the confidence to go up to him and say that I was starting to look for other positions as I was not progressing here. It means I'll get to work from central London office twice a week and gain more experience in litigation. This is a massive step (crossing fingers it happens!) than the dire position I was in just 2 weeks ago!

OH and I are talking about getting married next year! We have been engaged for so long but I didn't want to be a frumpy bride......now I am starting to feel more confident about trying on wedding dresses (I wanted to be 11 stone before trying on dresses and now I am just under that!!!!!) and planning something.

It may seem a bit of a dramatic statement but this plan is changing my life. I wanted to go from scruffy to sophisticated and its really happening. The way I feel right now, I would hate to go back to how I was before.

Congrats, it's amazing how well your doing and how far you've come, your a true inspiration.

and good luck with the wedding planning, I loved every second of planning mine.

xxx

Hello Ladies! (and any lurking men!)

Well.....drumroll please......I got a size 12 dress for my birthday party today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it and I am going to feel like a real princess in it. I was determined to get a size 12 but when I got into Lipsy and saw how tiny they were I was a bit worried! But its all fine. I can relax now knowing that I already fit in my dress but if I lose a few more pounds it won't matter and will just look even better.

Phew!

Nikie said:
Hello Ladies! (and any lurking men!)

Well.....drumroll please......I got a size 12 dress for my birthday party today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it and I am going to feel like a real princess in it. I was determined to get a size 12 but when I got into Lipsy and saw how tiny they were I was a bit worried! But its all fine. I can relax now knowing that I already fit in my dress but if I lose a few more pounds it won't matter and will just look even better.

Phew!

Well done!! what's it like?

xx

Lipsy One Shoulder Sequin Dress - Lipsy

I have put link above-I assume we are allowed to do that?!

Today I got shoes to go with it from Karen Millen, so I'm almost all set!

OH also treated me to a new jacket from Next and I tried on the size 14.....was disappointed that it was tight and the buttons barely touched let alone did up! I tried on a size 16 and it was massive.........I then realised that I had tried on a size 8 which was mistakenly on a size 14 hanger! Tried on a real size 14 and OH said it was too big so I got a nice size 12 one! Bear in mind that I still have a stone and half to lose so I don't mind if my new clothes are slightly snug because they'll fit perfectly in a couple of months!

Dress is excellent - great cut and very sexy! And congratulations on your size 12!!!
Looking forward to seeing your party pictures - you are going to look fabulous! :)

Ok, so last night I had some chicken tikka. My OH made it and it was lovely. The problem is why I had it and goes against everything I thought I was learning! Basically I was feeling happier with my body and thought it wouldn't hurt and it probably won't....but this morning I am feeling bloated and 'fat'! Two weeks ago I was not tempted to eat and now I'm doing it without really thinking twice. I hope I can reign it back in....only two weeks to party and i'd hate to lapse on this last stretch!

Ok, I posted on my iphone earlier and it was difficult to write properly!

Basically, I feel like I have done what I did last time (WW) and now I'm fitting back into size 12 and feeling great, I kinda thought 'One meal won't hurt'. I KNOW that it's ok to have SS+ days, my CDC said I could do SS+ everyday until I reach goal if I want to but I really wanted to stick to SS 100% until goal where possible. I just don't want this to be a downward spiral as it will be difficult to get back into it. I'm due on my period next weekend and I always get a bit bloated about week before that so that isn't helping!!

On WW I got down to 10st 8lbs (for 1 week!) and then felt so amazing I really stopped doing it. I really really don't want that to happen this time.

Aim for weigh in is 10.10 -that'll be a 3lbs loss and take me to a total loss of 3 stone, which would be amazing!

Drinking water and sticking to shakes now so fingers crossed!

Ok - the important thing here is that you're mindful of what happened last time and what may be happening this time. Forewarned is forearmed - you can take steps this time around to not fall off track...and it sounds like that's exactly what you're doing.

You had a meal (and hopefully enjoyed it) and now you're back on diet. Not a problem and you CAN do this!

Thanks Tizzy - a lot of people in my office have said how tiny I look today, so I guess it's just me being paranoid!

I like what you say about being forearmed -it's so true and I guess why I am panicking over a bit of chicken! It's probably a good thing that I 'care' rather than just thinking stuff it and eating what I want-which is what I did before. I'm already 1lb under my first target weight and I haven't gained as far as I know so it isn't a total disaster.

Onwards and downwards! Thanks Tizzy!

No problem! You're 2/3 of the way to your goal - Wow!

I never even thought of it like that! It's amazing the stuff we notice for other people but not ourselves.......

Had a great SS 100% day yesterday and feeling good today! If i lose 3lbs this week and 3lbs next week, I could stilll be 10.7 for my birthday. I am going to be cautious that week but as I will be drinking alcohol I will need to be out of ketosis, so may gain some immediate weight back due to that.

I'm thinking that the trick is to be a few pounds under target before starting maintenance!

Hi Nikie just wanted to say as I have just read your diary from the start and you are doing AMAZING! Some of the situations you have been and resisted have really inspired me and I know I can stick to plan too. I'm on day 9 and feeling great and hoping to do just as well as you! I've also started a diary on here to help.

keep up the fab work!! X

Hi RWroe! A new diary to read, yay! I love reading other peoples diaries.......thank you so much for commenting! It would be easy to assume that some of us further into our journey may not need the same encouragement as the newbies but to hear that I am motivating other people makes me more determined to succeed!

I have been following some amazing people on her and am in awe of them, but some people have sadly stopped using the forum and I can only assume that they have fallen off the wagon? I am really determined to get to goal and then write all about maintenance! There is really only one diary that does that at the moment and thats GretaGrip's......definitely worth a read. I'm not aware of any other maintenance diaries, which is a bit confusing as I think that's the hardest part and potentially needs the most support!

Day 9 for you - you have probably heard this loads, but although it may seem like its dragging at the moment, you will look back and realise how fast its gone! I'm so glad I kept a diary from day 1 and I do go back and read it. I remind myself that I started as a size 16 (probably an 18 squeezing into a 16!) with no regard for my appearance. Now I'm wearing different outfits everyday and although I'm certainly not as preened as a lot of ladies out there I am making the effort again. A random side effect of the plan is that I have stopped biting my nails, so now I have lovely long nails instead of bitten stumps and I am going to have a manicure on Saturday as a treat!

Right, going to have a peek at your diary now!

Hi Nikie - you are sounding happy and positive and I love that you're getting a manicure Saturday - enjoy!
I agree re: maintenance. When adding carbs back into the diet, apparently we restore the glycogens in our liver that we lost week 1, and so gain a few lbs. So I also think that before starting maintenance phase you have to overshoot your goal in order to maintain it. Hmmm, does that make sense?!?!? Think I might need more coffee.....

Lost another 3lbs! Have officially lost 3 stone!!!!!!

Back