NikkiNoo's quest to look fab at 40

NikkiNoo

Hellloooo :sign0144:

Well, after much umming and ahhing I have decided that the only way I am going to be able to successfully continue on my SW journey is to write down everything I eat and how I feel along the way. I love reading other people's threads for motivation and I feel the time is right for me to start my own diary.

I've tried pretty much most diets going - I had reasonable success with Cambridge and Exante but I found that a week or two in I would start dreaming about food and would inevitably break the diet by eating my bodyweight in food and put all the weight back on. More recently I did Weight Watchers but I found the points system a bit too restrictive (greedy cow that I am!!!). Anyway, I have been doing SW since May and have found that it is exactly the right plan for me. I love to cook and I've discovered loads of fantastic new recipes that the whole family love and at the same time I am losing weight.......

...or rather I WAS losing weight. However, I have just turned 39 and have used my birthday week as an excuse to scoff whatever, whenever and if I'm not careful one week will turn into one month and then before I know it I'll have put all my weight back on. Soooooo, after having just wolfed down another large slice of chocolate cake I feel really cross that I am letting my eating get out of control again and it has to stop now. So, this is it. My intention is to update my diary on a daily basis so that, hopefully, the shame of having to admit here what I have eaten will stop me from doing it in the first place. I also hope to "meet" lots of lovely people along the way who will help to keep me motivated!

I've kind of written off today (I'd hate to have to write down everything that's gone down my gullet today) but tomorrow is a new day, a new start and from tomorrow onwards EVERYTHING I eat will be documented here as well as weight lost (fingers crossed).

So, here's to a new start :wavey:

Hellloooo :sign0144:

Well, after much umming and ahhing I have decided that the only way I am going to be able to successfully continue on my SW journey is to write down everything I eat and how I feel along the way. I love reading other people's threads for motivation and I feel the time is right for me to start my own diary.

I've tried pretty much most diets going - I had reasonable success with Cambridge and Exante but I found that a week or two in I would start dreaming about food and would inevitably break the diet by eating my bodyweight in food and put all the weight back on. More recently I did Weight Watchers but I found the points system a bit too restrictive (greedy cow that I am!!!). Anyway, I have been doing SW since May and have found that it is exactly the right plan for me. I love to cook and I've discovered loads of fantastic new recipes that the whole family love and at the same time I am losing weight.......

...or rather I WAS losing weight. However, I have just turned 39 and have used my birthday week as an excuse to scoff whatever, whenever and if I'm not careful one week will turn into one month and then before I know it I'll have put all my weight back on. Soooooo, after having just wolfed down another large slice of chocolate cake I feel really cross that I am letting my eating get out of control again and it has to stop now. So, this is it. My intention is to update my diary on a daily basis so that, hopefully, the shame of having to admit here what I have eaten will stop me from doing it in the first place. I also hope to "meet" lots of lovely people along the way who will help to keep me motivated!

I've kind of written off today (I'd hate to have to write down everything that's gone down my gullet today) but tomorrow is a new day, a new start and from tomorrow onwards EVERYTHING I eat will be documented here as well as weight lost (fingers crossed).

So, here's to a new start :wavey:

Hi and welcome.

Good luck with your food diary.

I'm too on slimming world and started a food diary a few weeks ago as I found myself going off plan. For me putting a food diary on here helps to keep away from the food cupboard.

Good luck again and enjoy xxx

:welcome2:

and Well Done on realising you were going off plan and doing something about it :)
I was given a quote by my lecturer the other day that motivated me so much and it fits your situation perfectly :)

"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."

I look forward to reading you progress :)

Hi NikkiNoo. :wavey:

Well done on making the decision to have a fresh start! I am the same age as you (well I am on the downward slope towards the dreaded Four Oh) and have similar-ish stats too.

I only joined and started posting a couple of weeks of weeks ago but this place has done wondrous things for my motivation (I'm a bit addicted though!) and the recipes, tips, advice and support is outstanding.

I'm looking forward to reading your diary!

Hi and thank you kann32gym, Amy_Maria and SallyVater for taking the time to respond. It's lovely to know there is support here and that there are so many people in a similar position, trying to lose weight!

Day 1 -

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs with 2 small slices wholemeal toast (HexB), 2 x cups tea
Lunch - I cantaloupe melon, 3 x coffees (had run out of mugshots at work otherwise Id have had one of those - darn!)
Dinner - Spaghetti bolognese using quorn mince, mushrooms, onions, passata....all very good and healthy...until I sprinkled a load of cheese on the top. Argh. I'll have to syn the cheese because I used my HexA on the milk in my teas / coffees.

Not a very organised day unfortunately. My eldest son (who is 5) has to wear something spotty for children in need tomorrow. Seeing as he doesnt have any spotty clothes in his wardrobe I decided to buy a children in need tshirt for him to wear instead. Anyway, I've wasted so much time today trying to find a blimmin' Children in Need top that I havent really thought much about snacking at all. Accordingly to the lovely lady in Asda it isn't a good idea to try and buy a Children in Need T-shirt the day before Children in Need. So, I had the bright idea to buy fabric pens to draw spots onto a white t-shirt only I couldnt find fabric pens so bought a pack of sharpies instead....baaad idea. Ive spent half an hour trying to draw spots onto a tshirt and it just looks totally horrendous. Two large glasses of wine later I am feeling better (have decided that son's spotty contribution can be a spotty neckscarf of mine. He wont be best pleased but hey ho). Anyway, good job I havent snacked today because all my syns have ended up going on wine. Oopps.

Oh well, could have been worse I guess. I haven't eaten as much as I have done recently (Ive steered well clear of all chocolate cake today) and I have vowed not to leave it til the last minute for next Children in Need (I actually vowed last year that I wouldnt leave it til the last minute this year but this time I mean it. Hmmm).

Off to bed I go. Day off work tomorrow and I plan to make a big pan of superspeed soup and have a long, fast dogwalk to try and boost my weight loss.

Goodnight all!

Welcome and Good Luck on your SW journey NikkiNoo - all the help and support you need is right at your fingertips in the form of minimins :D

Back