nikki's diary - closed...... moved over to maintenance to test the water!

Oh Nikki, sounds like you're having a rough time. I can't believe you put on, thats madness!! Hopefully it'll catch up next week. Hope you feel better soon. xx

well i decided today that i've had enough. i'm very food focused and denying myself everything i like. i need to give and take. it's a huge problem for me. so i've decided that i'm close enough to goal and i'm loosening up a bit, still aware of my calorie intake etc and can't go bonkers but i need to take a bit of a break as such.

my next weigh in is 2 weeks away and i'm on the 1500 cals but i doubt that i dare eat that much as i'll gain. anyway i've got 1 cd a day and i'll be monitoring my weight etc.

really have been desperate for a costa blueberry muffin so today i did have one. i've been holding off for weeks. i had trouble eating it so i shared it. i also didn't want lunch, didn't feel hungry so i went with the flow which i think i need to as being on a diet makes you think.... right it's 12 it's time for lunch even if you don't feel hungry etc. today i didn't feel hungry, well i did have that muffin, so i left it and felt fine. with me having a cold i really fancy drinking lots... water, diet coke, coffee etc rather than eating.

going to go and have a short 2 mile run tomorrow and just see how i feel. my cold is getting better but i have been left with a cough so i'll see how things are.

I think taking the pressure off helps sometimes. I hope it works for you. You're right being on a diet does make you think... I realised quite early on that I ate because the clock told me to, not my body. I eat when I'm expected to (between 12 and 2pm and between 6 and 7pm) my friend on the other hand (is slim) and eats when shes hungry regardless of what the clock says. I think I'd just eat all th time though lol.

Costa Blueberry muffins mmmmm. I was devastated when Borders at Teesside Park closed, taking Starbucks with it... their Blueberry cheesecake is gorgeous. But in the long run, its a good thing Starbucks isn't there anymore.

Hope your new plan works out for you, good luck with it. xxx

feel like i've eaten lots today. probably haven't really....

banana
iced coffee frappe thing (skm milk and espresso stuff)
3 litres of water
scrambled egg on toast (2x small slices of wholemeal)
bar x 2 (very naughty but i'd rather eat another bar than a load of chocolate)
2 apples
salad with cottage cheese
twister ice lolly 65 cals not too bad.

have kept it under 1500 cals then burnt around 400 at the gym. still aching from body pump last night. have missed a few and needed to get back into it. need tone and muscle now. so going to do 2 a week and no combat. then going to run 4 times a week and do 2 sessions of bike 50 mins long at the gym plus swimming and then general housework, gardening (trying to sort out the front so it needs digging, levelling and grass seed putting on it) and looking or running after the kids :D should keep me fit and burn a few extra calories.

seem to be staying the same. good. off out tonight. mexican. lol

not been away from the loo today :eek:

had a glass of white wine and am a bit drunk already. cripes. :D

food!

well last night went well. meal was a bit pants :( loved the nachos but hated my fish thing. i had fish and chips and the fish was basically rubbery as it had been cooked too long. managed to get the batter off my fish then eat that but left most of my chips as the starter had filled me up. had 2 shakes yesterday and a cold ice pop thing. so not too bad all in all.

my clothes seem to be fitting better. i think my shape is continuing to change with my exercise. i still would like another half stone to 10lbs off but i will focus on that later and focus on keeping the same just for now.

out for a run soon. going to do 5 miles. so that should burn off 600cals. it'll involve running up 4 hills. then i've got some shopping to get and the garden to do. did the house yesterday or about 90% of it. got a cheap hoover from tesco as my cylinder dyson for pets is brilliant but heavy so carting it up and down stairs is a pain. so got an upright bagless from tescos for £35 and it works a treat. just as good as my dyson. i must have spent about 3 hours doing it. 1 before the kids dinner and 2 afterwards.

We used to have a metal dyson years ago before they became mainstream popular. It weighed a ton, but was amazing.

600 cals burnt on my 5 mile run.

gardening.... digging being done, except for an england break....

england break involves crisps though :(

Just make sure you do enough screaming at the ref to burnt the crisps back off.

i'm totally tired tonight. i have worn myself out completely with all my exercise.

today i have....

ran 4.5 miles and burnt off 550 cals
went swimming with dude but i don't count these cals
i did a body pump class (aprox) 350 cals
body combat class straight after pump (aprox) 500 cals

total of around 1400 cals burnt off with exercise!!! wow!!!

today my intake has been the following...

shake for brekkie 143 cals
apple as a snack 50 cals
porridge for lunch 150 cals
milk 200 cals
banana 70 cals
mini twister lolly 45 cals
cottage cheese salad dinner 300 cals
apple x 2 100 cals
bread :)() 300 cals (very poor choice but i came back from a run hungry and carbs are good after a run to aide healing of muscles)
cd bar (rather this than choccies) 173

aprox total calories 1531

water intake has been 4 litres
coffee x 4
coke zero x 2

i might just have an options hot choc at 40 cals :D

p.s tomorrow it's cycling at the gym for 50 mins

Good god Nikki you're a michine, I haven't a clue how you manage to do Body Combat after all that!!! Body Combat is one of my favourites, but I have to go to it totally fresh, or I die... We did it outside on the tennis court last summer and that nearly killed me, but it was fab. I soooo can't wait to get back there and get back into my classes etc!!!

it's an amazing class i love it but it has to be with phill. there's a less mills launch day on saturday so i'll be doing body pump then combat again. my legs are killing me now. :D i think that when you get going it's easy to carry on. took 2 bottles of 2 ltr water with me so that i didn't have to waste time filling it back up again.

Aw yeah I love Phil!!! I used to do it when Cheryl was there, I used to train with her dad (when I did karate) but I don't know where she went. But Phil is fab!! Glad he's still there!!

the number of classes and the type of classes he teaches he should be all skin and bone lol.

today was an easy day of going for a walk along the seaside prom for an hour and then cycling for 50 mins at the gym. aprox 350 cals cycling and probably around 200 cals for the walk.

been bad with my food. :(

had some crisps tonight and have been picking as i feel like i need something.

so anyway aprox...

brekkie - porridge
lunch - scrambled egg (cooked in microwave) and 2 small slices of toast, apple
tea - salad and cottage cheese with a slice of bread, apple, cd bar

then..... some crisps, a hot choc x 2, 2 small lady godiva chocs,

i need more more more!!!!! :(

He he I know, but I love that he's not! I've been bad today too, one of the ladies at work retired today and there was a buffet and Greedy Sal took over and I was a total pig, shouldn't have had any of it but me + buffet = disaster zone :( I'm off to think about what I've done and remind myself why I'm doing this diet!!

i bet your choices were not massively bad if you think back to what you might or would have had before cd.

i was thinking about this very same thing the other day. i think before cd, dieting and loosing weight if there was cake on offer i'd have a large slice or 2 :eek: now it's more like a small piece and although you want more you don't have it. lol. if you think that every day would have been a lot different and now it's once in a blue moon you're not doing too bad.

i think good buffet choices are hard cause it's meant to be a greed fest! i think maybe - cocktail sausages (protein although in fat), cheese (protein but again fatty), chicken legs, things that are more atkins. bread (carbs) etc are of course the worst things. however, buffets are full of these.

whinge alert.

well today's exercise of choice was a gruelling 4 mile run with the pram. hard work running with the pram hence the word gruelling. i love running but think it's totally better alone and without the dude :D lol anyway 500 cals gone.

fell out with parents today. sick of getting up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down after dude as they've refused to babyfi their house. if he's not after drinks, he's after wires or moving the tv or pulling papers of a table, moving a loose gate to get outside or getting into the kitchen to eat the dogs biscuits. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! it was not like this with emily. they had their house set up to keep her entertained and it was babyfied. they now refuse to have any toys for dude and stick the goggle box on for emily whenever she is round. i'm sick to the back teeth of it all and have decided not to go round. they never come over to see me as my mum doesn't like mollydog. our house isn't perfect but i'm not up and down ever 5 seconds. every opportunity they get to complain about matthew they will. i just feel really down about it and pushed out like i'm a drain on them. my mum has this... i can't do anything for myself attitude and i'm up and down after her too. sunday we went over for a bbq and hubby and i were seeing to the kids when my mum pipes up that she wants a pint of water. after i saw to the kids my dad asked me where i'd put the burgers so i went and found those and then got a drink for the kids then my mum went into a huff as i'd not got her her water. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bl**dy sick!

i suppose the thing is i tend to go round every day from about 11.30 until 1 or 2pm. so i think that this is going to stop and i'll go round once a week. i might just get my housework done too. :D

it is so easy to fluctuate by 3lbs between days. don't know what's going on. i'm finding it really hard of an evening not to eat. it gets to tea time and i start picking at a few things. after tea i'm not hungry but just need to snack. last night was bad as i had no gum. gum usually gets me through as have something to chom on.

shopping today so i'll stock up on it.

stressful day yesterday and wanted wine last night but i didn't.

decided not to go to body pump last night as by left hip is a bit sore. i think the cycling at the gym is causing me pain. then running make sit worse. so i guess roll on next thursday for my chiropractor app and then i'll have to religiously book a 2 week sports therapy session.

exercise of the day is the gym. not sure what i'm going to do there. i'm not going to cycle so i think that i'll use some other equipment. light exercise. i like rowing but i get really bad blisters and callouses on my hands which are sore for days. so.... i guess i need to have a look at stuff today. fancy a session on the power plate but i'm not sure how it all works.

might get up early and do a 3 mile run tomorrow am at 6.30am then i'll have the day free as ems has a day, or i should say morning, off school as it's a training day. i was going to take her to the cinema but have fallen out with parents who was going to look after dude for me. i could book him into nursery if there's spaces left and get paul to pick him up at lunchtime so that if the film runs over it won't be a problem.

Back