nikki's diary - closed...... moved over to maintenance to test the water!

• Keep up the good work :) sounds as though you have a lot going on so you are doing really well to stay so focussed. Day 4 for me today, thought I was starting to feel a bit better first thing but I am very tired and hungry now. Only 6 hours til the kids are in bed though! xx

I feel like I'm totally loosing the plot!

I have an overwhelming feeling that I've got to have everything for Xmas sorted NOW! Even tothepoint where I'm needing or wanting to wrap too! Xmas is 6 or so weeks away! I even thought bout buying the stuff to decorate the annual Xmas cake. I just can't get it out of my head and it's going even to the point where I'm obsessing.

On another note... Next Thursday is make or break time for mum. It looks like the consultant has ran out of options and if this week proves pointless in her infection and leg recovery then it'll be coming off. Got to say I'm not doing well with all of this this time round! Feeling very depressed.

Argh. Back on cd and Totm plays up again. On depo so no periods but have started bleeding today, have felt like was going to today. Not due next jab till boxing day. Already on 10 week instead of 12 week jabs! Bloody hell!

great things said:
Argh. Back on cd and Totm plays up again. On depo so no periods but have started bleeding today, have felt like was going to today. Not due next jab till boxing day. Already on 10 week instead of 12 week jabs! Bloody hell!

Oh Nikki I'm so sorry about your mum and that things are hard for you. I'm always here if you need to talk. I'm not sure how much help I'll be but you've always been there for me, now it's my turn. Xxx

Aaah, hon I'm really sorry to hear about your mom. I will keep my fingers crossed that everything works out ok. Sending you lots of hugs. x

Re: diary of nikki - back to it!

Thanks everyone. I'm thinking that in general I'll be ok but I'm planning on a visit to my docs next week. I held it together so well last time but this time I'm a wreck!

Day 4

More lbs down! 2.5 more lbs down. Total of 8.5 lbs lost now! That's some water retention!

Feel like this is the same old same old but it helps when look g at water glugging and to keep an eye on my shake and coffee consumption!

Pint of water
Coffee
1 x choc shake (bit letter than usual 9.30am instead of 8am)!
Pint of water
pint of water
1 x choc shake
pint of water
coffee
pint of water
1 x choc mint shake
pint of water
naughty..... veg bullion stuff as the weekend is hard and i was desperate.

1 shake to go.

it's a really strange thing but although i'm not hungry the smell of food makes me hungry in a way. i'm craving stuff really bad too. cooked the kids tea and was desperate for some of their cheese. :(

it's a sat night and i've got into the habbit of drinking wine, almost a bottle (600cals) and some nice special crisps (kettle type ones - goodness knows how many cals are in those but i'm guessing when shared probably 350).

i miss my wine :( not bothered about crisps. i think the wine is for stress as it's increased so much since september when my mum first went into hospital for her month. i'm worried that she's going to be in over xmas. she's had a heart attack sometime in august/september and the cardio team want to do an angiogram (sp). if she needs a bypass they want to do it first so her leg might wait then i've no idea how long you have to wait until you can have another op.

my mum is diabetic and this is the very reason i want to stay healthy, fit and slim. it runs in my family and i DO NOT want to have to have my leg off, toe off, strokes (mum's also had 5 of these). i do not want the ill health that has plagued my mum, i do not want it for my kids either. typing this is very upsetting as i can remember my mum has she was in full health before her major problems started at 47 blood pressure was before this sometimes when she was pregnant with me when she was 31. i am 36! i am very worried!

Last edited:
day 5

a change of weight but up by 1lb ish however, my rings were tight this am meaning that it was hot in the house overnight and i've retained water. not worrying much.

so far today

1 x pint of water
1 x coffee
1 x choc mint shake
1 x coffee
1 x pint of water
1 x choc mint shake (just had it now at 2pm was busy cleaning the car :))
1 x pint of water
1 x choc mint
1 x ltr of water
1 x choc shake

Last edited:
aw nikki, you have it so tough. not only do you have the distress of your mum losing her leg (maybe) but knowing the extra care rests with you! I feel for you girl and cant believe you are sticking to CD through all this. Doubly inspirational! hope you are having a good day, and glad you are losing!

hi leeds

i'm finding cd helpful with all of this stress. i have a focus and it's the one thing that i can count on and rely on, the one thing i can control.... everything else seems out of control at the minute.

this is really strange but ketosis is def here and i'm not hungry at all. both other times i've done ss i've always had that twinge of hunger in the background i've never completely felt ok.

the thing i find hard with ss is the lack of chew... meaning the actual eating of food, the chewing of it! i know there's bars, which i love and i know there's porridge which gives you a slight chew but not the same as sinking your teeth into something and giving it a good chew.

i'm so cold :(

feels like i'm chilled to the bone!

Last edited:
cold cold cold.... heating's been on 3 hours now. i've added a fleece on top of my vest and jumper combo.

not hungry but tum is a rumbling.

day 6 and it's weigh day. think i've lost between 8-9lbs. most likely 8.5lbs but i've just done 5 full day's on ss so it's not bad.

Well done Nikki, good luck for your wi!!! I'm just sat in the club room at the gym waiting for my large coffee to arrive!! I know I shouldn't but I have been on nights! X

Well done Nikki, good luck for your wi!!! I'm just sat in the club room at the gym waiting for my large coffee to arrive!! I know I shouldn't but I have been on nights! X

the thing is with the coffee is that the costa large is like a soup bowl! :D:D:D

if i get large i get takeout. gone off lattes, just like americanos now but i'll prob get 1 gingerbread one around xmas time.

Re: diary of nikki - back to it!

great things said:
weight in results are 9lbs off :D yeah!

Wooooooo well done Nikki fantastic start!!! Oh yes you're rig about the coffee I forgot how massive they are, I was there for ages with it lol!!!

Back