Nimbe Wholemeal

Nini74

Bit of a rookie question here sorry - but my book says that 2 slices of nimble wholemeal is one HEXB. I assme this is an 800g loaf as it doesn't say. I bought a 400g loaf but it seems wrong for 4 slices to be a HEXB. But if i only have 2 slices, will this be enough fibre to be a healthy extra? can anyone help please?

Also - i used to love warburtons seeded batch 400g loaf - i think you could have 3 slices as aHEXB but it doesn't seem to be listed anymore. Is it just not listed as they clearly can't provide a fully exhaustive list of every bread? or is it not a HE anymore?

TIA xxxx

Don't think the seeded batch is a healthy extra anymore, if it used to be listed and isn't anymore I think the it's not an exhaustive list argument goes out of the window.

As for the nimble bread... According to my c tere is no bread that you can have 4 slices of, I love bread so like to maximise what I can have. So it'll be 2 slices not 4. Sorry

Yes, I understand that 4 slices would be a bit much, but is 2 slices of a 400g loaf enough to be a healthy extra when 2 slices of an 800g loaf is a healthy extra? can anyone else help at all with this please? (preferably before I put my toast on! lol). I was thinking maybe 3 slices?

Yes, I understand that 4 slices would be a bit much, but is 2 slices of a 400g loaf enough to be a healthy extra when 2 slices of an 800g loaf is a healthy extra? can anyone else help at all with this please? (preferably before I put my toast on! lol). I was thinking maybe 3 slices?

It is only 1 slice of an 800g loaf for a HEB though. And yes Nimble only comes in a 400g loaf not 800g.

To answer your other question no the seeded batch does not count as a HEB.

Basically you can have 60g of any wholemeal bread. That normally equates to two slices of a small 400g loaf or one slice of an 800g loaf. However weigh your particular brand as there are some out there where you can wangle two slices of 800g bread within your 60g allowance. Or do as I do and have two slices of 800g bread and syn anything over the 60g. it usually works out at about 1 syn for every extra 10g of bread.

HTH

Back