Nitrates?

Morning All

Quick question, i count all my carbs but notice is allot of stuff I eat there are Nitrates of some form. Do these effect the diet or do they just suggest avoiding them because of health reasons?

Hi I asked about this awhile ago, no they won't affect the diet. Some suggest that nitrates have cancer causing properties. But then again so does alcohol, red meat, chicken, certain veg etc etc etc. Everybody says we should avoid different things, but if we did that we'd never eat. Don't worry too much as by losing weight you are reducing your health factors in some areas anyway. Enjoy x

Hi I asked about this awhile ago, no they won't affect the diet. Some suggest that nitrates have cancer causing properties. But then again so does alcohol, red meat, chicken, certain veg etc etc etc. Everybody says we should avoid different things, but if we did that we'd never eat. Don't worry too much as by losing weight you are reducing your health factors in some areas anyway. Enjoy x
I have just started atkins today (again) and have just looked at your post, you have done so well, I hope that I can keep it up this time.

Aww thanks :) Keep posting often and get to know everyone. They have kept me going, coming on here really helps. I log in a few times a day just to see whats happening! But honestly it keeps me thinking about the weightloss plan, whether I've been good or not! No one here is perfect and many have re re re started, so just keep coming here with questions or for support and you'll be fine x

Yes! This place is a godsend! Helps me focus :)

Akins was anti aspartame and some people find it stalls. Everyone different so watch for cravings and stalls

Back