To make the house a home again
And make my spirits soar
The other day I came across
A rolled up paper ball
And remembered why it isn’t right
With no cats at all

© Gemstone September 2009

Last edited:
That's fantastic, Gemstone! Very subtle. Lures you in by appearing quite light-hearted, but I think it'll have amazing resonance with anyone who's ever lost their little furry one.
I'd say this is well worth submitting to a magazine or poetry anthology, particularly if there are cat magazines which accept poetry submissions!

Thanks. I've lost 4 cats in the past few years bringing my elderly moggy population from a manic 4 to nil. All were rescue jobs of some kind and I'm just waiting for one to wander in, look around and decide it'll do x

That has certainly been true with us Jane x

Fantastic poem :) Hope a cat wanders through your door soon xx

Awww made me think of my beloved little naughty cat. Nearly 2 years since we lost him and I still miss him :(

I miss all my cats - strange how the only cats to walk in the open door have had homes - do the homeless ones not see the vacancy sign? x

I think Stuart would be very upset - traumatised even x

Oh I miss my beautiful kitty! ): I am going to be the crazy cat lady when I grow up! :D

I should probably grow up at some stage but it hardly seems worth it after all this time being a big kid :D

I think Stuart would be eaten!!!

:eek: !!! :cry:

Aw I really like this poem, it has a good rhythm, and the way that the mood shifts is lovely. You've made me want to be a cat person. :)

Thanks Pink - Still, to date no homeless cats have walked in. There is a lovely little cat in need of a home but OH is being a little difficult about it. The silly thing is that if it just walked in he would love it x

Back