• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

No counselling after foundation?? Why?

No your counselling should continue there is still group activities...it's more reflective but really good i am in development now and although it is odd not to watch a dvd it's nice to have more time speaking to your ll counselling and other group members

yes no real counselling at all - just some chat between the other people. My developers class was a disaster - all the coming and going and no real focus so I took the decision a month ago to move to Cambridge - best thing I ever did and half the cost. I now get as much time 1 - 2 -1 with my counsellor for as long as I like, the flavours are a million times better - best decision ever

S: 13st1lb C: 13st1lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 29.5 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Development meetings are very different from Foundation - there was a few former foundation groups all in together. I found development very hard - no focus/no specific tasks to complete each week as such and no consistent group as foundation (some of my group went straight into management). I suppose in lots of ways you get what you put in. You do get the support and the counselling (just in a different format). I just expected the same as foundation and was therefore disappointed. If you go in with an open mind you will get so much more out of it.

Cerulean

Silver Member
S: 17st2lb C: 11st10lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 27.3 Loss: 5st6lb(31.67%)
You should get even more counselling after foundation as there is more time for it!

Hi all - you should get an hour of counselling every week in Development, focusing on a different specific activity each week, building on what you have learned in Foundation.

Most LL counsellors are terrific, but from what I read on here, there are a few who are not doing all that they should - so if you have one of those, please please tell LL HQ about it.

Good luck with Development and the rest of your weight loss and maintenance!