No counselling after foundation?? Why?

Miss_Bettany

Is foundation the only counselling that happens with LL? What happens in Development then? Do we just walk in, pay £66, get the packs and walk out?

No your counselling should continue there is still group activities...it's more reflective but really good i am in development now and although it is odd not to watch a dvd it's nice to have more time speaking to your ll counselling and other group members

yes no real counselling at all - just some chat between the other people. My developers class was a disaster - all the coming and going and no real focus so I took the decision a month ago to move to Cambridge - best thing I ever did and half the cost. I now get as much time 1 - 2 -1 with my counsellor for as long as I like, the flavours are a million times better - best decision ever

Development meetings are very different from Foundation - there was a few former foundation groups all in together. I found development very hard - no focus/no specific tasks to complete each week as such and no consistent group as foundation (some of my group went straight into management). I suppose in lots of ways you get what you put in. You do get the support and the counselling (just in a different format). I just expected the same as foundation and was therefore disappointed. If you go in with an open mind you will get so much more out of it.

You should get even more counselling after foundation as there is more time for it!

Hi all - you should get an hour of counselling every week in Development, focusing on a different specific activity each week, building on what you have learned in Foundation.

Most LL counsellors are terrific, but from what I read on here, there are a few who are not doing all that they should - so if you have one of those, please please tell LL HQ about it.

Good luck with Development and the rest of your weight loss and maintenance!

Back