no exercise due tho disability

chunky-monkey77

i seriously swear i am up 2 no good !
hi i am posting on behalf of my best friend who would like to join sw after seeeing all the delicious food i am eating . Unfortuntly she is very limited in the exercise she can do due to having GBS and not being able to walk long distances ( the awareness of this has been made by the character of haley in hollyoaks). Is exercise nessessary on the sw plan and would my friend lose weight if she folllowed the red/green day only without exerise? thanks hope someone can help

I have Rhuematoid Arthritis and my mobility is very limited so I am not able to do any exercise either.

I also take steroids every day which have side effects of weight gain and fluid retention - but saying all that I have lost every week for 7 weeks now, not big losses, I usually only manage a 1lb a week, but it is a loss just the same.

So tell you friend not to worry about exercise, just follow the diet properly and she will lose weight, and in the long run we should both benefit our health and mobility due to losing some weight.

Good luck to you both. X

Your best friend would certainly benefit by joining SW. She would have a friend with her, would learn so much every week (especially if she could also use minimins), and you'd probably find that there would be a good bit of healthy competition between you both...

Exercise certainly helps, but changing your whole attitude to food and healthy eating is the most important part - as well as having fun, of course!

So you would BOTH benefit, good luck, and do keep us posted!

Hey,

I too am disabled and find it hard to exercise, in a cardio sense. SW will work without exercise - obviously the more active you are the more you lose, but the plan can be followed without it.

What I started out doing was lifting baked bean tins whilst watching telly, little things like that all add up :)

Natt xxx

I cant do much exercise because I have ME. I cant really say if SW works as Im only on week one but I have to say I feel better in myself and havent gone to bed at night with indegestion which I would normally have.

SW will work without any exercising, I know I've lost 33lbs in the past without lifting even an eyelid! (why did I put it all back on again?)But as Nat so wisely says anything you can do will help. There is a dvd you can get from Amazon which is chair exercises, actually done by a girl who is disabled.

Well, Im perfectly fine.. and i lost atleast 3.5 stone doing F*ck all exercise, because i was still lazy, and only started because i knew deep down i should be.. and then realised i enjoyed it. But i think u can yes. Just have to work a little harder maybe! sw dont tend to enforce exercise on you, body magic is just encorougment to help you improve your overall health..

xx

Hey,

I too am disabled and find it hard to exercise, in a cardio sense. SW will work without exercise - obviously the more active you are the more you lose, but the plan can be followed without it.

What I started out doing was lifting baked bean tins whilst watching telly, little things like that all add up :)

Natt xxx

This is good advice Nat !.. I would certainly agree even a slight increase of low weight reps..ie bake bean tins (full) in the seated position is excercise. I have a family member who has RA and find a session in the pool, just treading water works wonders. There are also numerous aid to assist seated excercise on the market , or can be supplied by the NHS in some cases.

You will lose without excercise on SW plans but it takes longer and you may find more sticking points (STS) until your target is achieved

Phil x

Back