No Froth No lump Soup??

Petal01

Still Climbing That Hill!
I know i have asked before, but i just cant get a lump/froth free soup without blending it and blending it causes the froth, i have tried a little water and making a paste then adding more water slowly, no froth but lumpy still, have also tried heating it up in a pan slowly still lumpy! I need help pleaseee as i have ruined a few soups now, i do like the soups again now but only if they are froth/lump free.

Aww, no idea how to get rid of the unsightly froth... I use a blender and just gulp down the froth in my first mouthful.. pretty grim though, I know.

Maybe drink all your soups from a babies bottle tipped upright so you get all the good soup from below the froth! :D

Alternatively simply scoop it off?

I had heard somewhere many moons ago that stirring and stirring it with a metal spoon will eventually get rid of the froth... good luck!

A x

Mine is not too frothy using my battery powered whisk, as long as I keep the whisk below the surface of the soup. If you let it rise to the top it froths the top of the soup. Although it's not great with froth, it still tastes the same so I ignore it. I wouldn't skim the surface off as that is where most of the 'vegetables' end up. Well my mushroom bits seem to float on the top but with the vegetable one they often end up at the bottom of the cup :rolleyes:

Although it's not great with froth, it still tastes the same so I ignore it.:

Ohhh i honestly can't abide the froth it just makes me gag, i might try and get a battery whisk see if that helps

Yes it should help as its much more gentle than a proper hand blender. Good luck :)

As I said in another thread I use a mini balloon whisk, add just enough water to cover and use it to stir rather than actually whisk until lump free then just add more water and stir until blended together. Seems to work for me although Ive only had 2 soups so far, lol.

Jo

As I said in another thread I use a mini balloon whisk, add just enough water to cover and use it to stir rather than actually whisk until lump free then just add more water and stir until blended together. Seems to work for me although Ive only had 2 soups so far, lol.

Jo

What's a mini balloon whisk Joanne? Probably a stupid question lol

I have on occasion blended it first and then put it in a pan to add all my wierd herbs and spices....once its "cooked up" theres no froth. I also hate lumpy soup lol

What's a mini balloon whisk Joanne? Probably a stupid question lol

One of those hand held non electric whisks but its a tiny one you get with stuff like hot chocolate gift sets. Its only about the same size as a large teaspoon but it seems to work for me anyway.

Jo

Pulsing with the hand blender works for me as well. I make mine a bit thinner as well and mix it up in quite a large jug. I hope you find a solution that works for you because it would be a shame to miss out on the "I'm having a hot meal" boost the soups give you.

Back