No going back!

Just had very yummy breakfast, sausage and egg 'muffins' with fried mushrooms.

About 100 grams of Matthesons smoked sausage (0 grams carb according to the label) chopped up and divided between 6 silicone muffin cups - this is my trusty red silicone 6 cup tray that I got from the supermarket a while back. Beat 4 eggs in a jug with some seasoning, pour into the muffin cups. Stir each one carefully to make sure the egg has got all the way down to the bottom of the cup. Bake at 180 degrees for a bit more than 15 minutes until risen, browned, and set. Total carbs for all 6 - 2.4 grams so round it up to half a gram of carbs each.

Fry up some sliced mushrooms in butter to go with them, and enjoy!

These are jolly filling, by the way. And it occurs to me that I could have added some mushrooms into the muffin cups to make an entirely portable breakfast. Less egg needed then. I think I need to experiment more with this idea.

Hmmm WI this morning and guess what, sts at 12-13. Ho hum.

Have been weighing everything I eat and writing it all down since Thurs last week, maybe should move WI to Thurs. Now there's a thought.

Anyway have been sticking rigidly to Atkins induction, no more than 20 grams carb each day, 12 - 15 from veg. And ticking off glasses of water too. Reading all labels, any carbs get written down and added in. Sensible size portions - at least I think so - am just starting to use MFP today as want to check calories - should be 1200 - 1500 and have no idea what they are.

Am not walking much at the moment though as think I may perhaps have broken a toe. Happened on Sunday morning, nothing dramatic, stubbed it on the blanket box in the bedroom. It is either broken or sprained, and walking is, shall we say, a bit uncomfortable. Drop in activity level is not going to help but not a lot of choice really.

Help please - please can someone remind me - what are the percentages fat/protein/carbs that we are supposed to be using for Atkins induction? Am searching but not finding....

Edited to add: - have found it! 65/30/5 hope that's right.

That's right, SWG. Wish I could figure the rest out for you.

Some of the ladies here are trying JUDD plus low carb to boost their losses. Maybe worth looking at?

Thankyou for that moonlights, I've just gone off and googled that and had a good read on the JUDDD website, and it is interesting. It sounds like something I might try, just to give things a bit of a boost.

For the time being I think I'll continue to give Atkins induction a good shot. And I may email Atkins and see if they have any thoughts as to how I might get 'unstuck'.

And today's calories work out at 1200, which is at the lower end of the target zone. So I'm not eating too much, according to the book, which is a relief.

Well, having said I wouldn't try JUDDD just yet, yesterday I did. Had a hospital visit yesterday and was a bit nervous beforehand and could not face breakfast so had a protein shake instead, when we finally got back I couldn't face lunch either and had another protein shake. Still completely not hungry at the end of the day so had a third shake. Did still drink lots of water as normal.

And this morning I got on the scales as I have been doing for weeks now expecting it to sts - have been 12-13 for 2 weeks now although it feels like much longer - and woo hoo 12-11, I have lost 2lb! I am so pleased, I had been getting very fed up with not losing.

So thankyou Moonlights because it was you suggested this, and I think I'd probably have forced myself to eat if I hadn't had the thought of this at the back of my mind.

Mwah! :thankyou:

Hi swgirl - glad you found a solution for yesterday that worked for you:)

Oh, you can't imagine how pleased I was! I was beginning to think the scales had got stuck. Daft eh.

Now, it really does feel possible that I will be non-obese by the end of the month. Three more pounds....

Ooh - I'm aiming for the same point but a whole stone to go for me. The trials of being a midget!

Oh not fair! - you are only a little bit shorter than me. And if I am being truthful, I'm not really 5'4" any more - I used to be, but I seem to have shrunk a bit with age. Am actually 5' 3 and a quarter, five three and a half first thing in the morning!

Actually - have a look here on the British Heart Foundation website. That's the chart I've been looking at. If you are 5'2" then you are out of the red zone when you reach 12 stone. So that's not a stone to go, it is 11 lb to go. :D

Thank you for the link Swg ... Not good though as I've got so much more to go before I come out of the red zone! Lol

Good luck with getting cals and carbs at the right level.... I have that problem with cals which slows down the weight loss ... Xxx

I go by actual BMI - according to the calculators I think it's 11st 9lbs before I'm in the 29s BMI wise - just 30 doesn't count in my books ;) will be nice to be out of the red zone too, though.

Hope you're doing well!

Morning ML :)

WI this morning, am back to 12-13. Looked at my SkinnyR page yesterday evening, I was 12-10 back in March and have not been able to get down to that - let alone below - since then. Hmmmm.

Ok, I am still 12-13 - not 12-13 1/2, actually really exactly 12-13. So that is a teeny little shift of 1/2 lb.

So I have got out my original copy of Dr A's New Diet Revolution, the one with the orange cover. The good doctor has a lot to say about metabolic resistance and weight stalls. He talks about portion sizes, and eating enough fat, and he also talks about supplements, so I'm trying a couple of the ones he recommends. The portion sizes thing is in line with the 1200 - 1500 cal recommendation in New Atkins New You.

However I'm having trouble eating the veg, just cannot face them.

Today - calories 1207; carbs 11.

And now I know why I've not been feeling like eating - infection has come back. Out of hours GP service has just put me on two different anti-bs, two weeks of both of them. Which takes me up to a couple of days before the surgery, and after that it will be up to the hospital.

Sts today, 12-13 on the dot. I might have lost 1/2" off my waist though. Or I could be kidding myself on that one.....

Have lost track of carbs and cal completely today, am not worrying about it.

Oh no. Feel better soon hon and just look after yourself for now xx

Back