No going back!

Thankyou ML. Not feeling very ill really, just a bit low, expect will soon pick up with the anti-bs. Am going to go and catch up with your thread now, hope you're ok.

Thankyou ladyf, I am sure it will clear up fast.

Most difficult thing is eating at the moment, do not feel like it at all, and one of the anti-bs has to be taken with or after food. Grumble grumble....

Well done on the inch Swgirl - that's what really matters:)

Yes definitely. I really should measure at some point. Well done!

Thankyou all. :)

Two pounds and one inch lost. Now I want to get down to 12-10 - or preferably below it - I was at 12-10 at the end of March and have been stuck around 12-13 since then. Apart from one JUDDD down day when I went down to 12-11 and then up again the next day.

Just hope I am still 12-11 tomorrow morning......!

You know, I really really wish I had measured my waist when I started. Still, better late than never.

Hi coffelover, completely forgot I was going to get on the scales! Our usual WI day is Tuesday but I have been a bit paranoid about being so stalled, weighing every day. But then have not been feeling brilliant and not really thinking about weight.... goodness, that's a change now I think about it.

We are off on the boat tomorrow for a long weekend, back on Monday. It is supposed to be not raining, now there's another change.

Wow, this morning I am 12-10. :D

This is seriously hard to believe, this was my low point at the end of March! - now, need to carry on and lose a couple more pounds over the next two weeks before I go into hospital. Wonder if I can make it to 12-7....

Last edited:
Just got home again - we've been off on the boat for a long weekend. Gorgeous weather, and we're now both not very well unfortunately. My husband started a cold - he hasn't had a cold for years and years - and instead of going away, it turned into a chest infection. I've been trying very hard indeed not to catch his cold - First Defence, Vit C, you name it - because if I get ill now, then they won't do the surgery next week. I can feel it though - you know that scratchy feeling at the back of your throat... aargh.

WI is supposed to be tomorrow morning. Am not thinking about that at the moment.

One bit of good news though is that husband has just been told by GP that he can try cutting his statins in half, due to 3 stone weight loss. So that's good! :)

Food - basically been ok, although have not eaten enough. And definitely have not eaten enough veg, nowhere near.

Today - B- 2 rashers bacon plus one fried egg
L - about 100ml of Alpro yogurt
Snack - half a pack of porky scratchings
D - Alpro soy milk vanilla 'pudding' made with glucomannan plus stevia. Very nice actually, although pretty filling.

Bit low on everything, really. Except Alpro.

WI today - I am still 12-10. Just 1lb down this week. Still pretty pleased about this. Now, need to get below 12-10!

OH is marginally better this afternoon, last night was a bit rough but hopefully tonight will be better and we will both get more sleep. I am still avoiding getting ill, hooray. And this time next week, the surgery will be all over and done with.

Morning SWG... Fantastic weight loss ! Just hope you feel well enough to get the surgery done and out of the way ! X

Haven't been in here for ages, feels like. OH is much improved, I did not catch the bug, and am off to the hospital tomorrow morning at silly o'clock. Not sure how long I'll be in, depends on lots of things. But I will be out as soon as I can. Have not weighed myself for a week now - would normally WI on Tues morning but am not going to worry about it. Priorities elsewhere at the moment!

Take care SWG! Xx

Home again. :)

Have not even thought about weighing myself, have probably gained about a ton. Have had to eat all sorts of carby things over the last few days. And there was a new thing - a pre-op 'nutrition' drink. 400 ml of basically sugar water - 200 grams of carb. Goodness I had a sugar rush, and then huge crash and headache 20 minutes later. Not sure how that can do anyone any good.

Surgery all went well, which is wonderful. Care in hospital was excellent, pain relief taken very seriously which is a pleasant change from some previous experiences.

Now just have to take things quietly for a bit. :)

Back