No going back!

Am taking things very quietly, OH will hardly let me lift a finger. Did measure my waist this morning, have lost another half an inch, have a good way to go before I get out of the 'high risk' category but at least am heading in the right direction.

Welcome back SWG! So pleased it went well... Fantastic OH you got there! Xx

Yes he is wonderful! I do appreciate how lucky I am. My ex was basically not a nice person, the number of times I have wondered what on earth was I thinking, how could I have been so blind. I had no idea there was someone like this, out there. You never know what life will bring. :)

Did a sneaky WI yesterday towards the end of the day, looks as if I have actually lost a pound. Will wait til tomorrow for proper WI though, do not quite believe it.

On Tues I didn't eat or drink anything apart from that unbelievable 'pre-op nutrition' drink. Think I mentioned that - I looked at the ingredients it was basically sugar water with a bit of flavouring - 400 ml of it, which was good as I was very thirsty - but 200 grams of carb!!!! that's 10 days worth of carb in a couple of minutes. And then Weds they insisted that I absolutely had to eat, as bp was low - rice crispies, sandwich with processed cheese, crisps, fruit juice, 'fruit' yogurt - carbs, carbs and more carbs basically, minimal protein and all low fat, no veg whatsoever. Did not eat much of any of it, but even so, aaargh.

Tummy feels larger than normal, feels all puffed up from the surgery, haven't tried the jeans on yet - that's the real test. Have been living in ancient tracky pants since I came home.

So delighted you've found the prince after being with Mr Wrong :)

And the hospital food sounds horrendous, not much nutritional value in that lot!

Well done on the loss, now take it easy and get better :)

Hope you recover soon! Hospitals are conpletely clueless! Xx

WI this morning and am 2lb down, that's a nice surprise. 12 stone 8lb at the moment, so that's a total of 11lb now, and another 1/2" off my waist.

All the rules have gone out the window - we've been having half an Atkins bar each with mid morning espresso. And sugar free jelly some days, and my home made yogurt. My portions are about half what OH is eating, sometimes less, and this seems to be plenty for me.

B - protein shake
L - frittata with minced beef, mushrooms and peppers, plus watercress
D will be runner bean 'spaghetti' with pesto and bacon, I think.

Oh well done SWG!!! You must feel so pleased with yourself!!! Xx

Thankyou Di - I am pretty pleased about it actually!

Looking in the mirror this morning I can see a difference in my upper arms - may sound daft, but I have absolutely hated the way my upper arms look, this sort of big solid bulge at the back of the arm above the elbow. Still got a bulge but it is smaller, and less solid - more squishy. So a way to go yet, but improving. I got my little weights out of the cupboard after that - which is a start. Next stage is actually doing some work with them....

B - protein shake
L - bit of yogurt, no appetite
D -chicken in tarragon cream sauce plus broccoli, I think.

Oooh dinner sounds lovely :)

And re the upper arms, take comfort if you can from the fact that I have bingo wings so big I might actually be able to fly! :D

Dinner was lovely actually. That's from India Knights Idiot Proof Diet Cookbook, I usually forget to buy the tarragon but OH is doing the shopping at the moment so it got remembered.

Still pottering along here - overdid things yesterday, went to our favourite place to walk the dog and really I don't know what I was thinking, I just couldn't cope. Actually I do know what I was thinking, it was a gorgeous day and I just wanted to do that walk, it is such a favourite. But no - halfway along the second field and I am brought to a halt with pain, and then had a horrible time getting back to the car. Hooray for good pain pills, when we got home.

Today I have just had one little walk down to the paper shop with OH and then straight back home, and that was more than enough, didn't think I was going to be able to get there, let alone get back home again. Think I need to have a couple of days taking things extremely quietly.

Food - cannot remember. And weight, have not been thinking about it - far too much ouch ouch ouch going on - although OH has been thinking about it, he's been stalled for a few weeks which has not happened to him before, and now he knows what it was like for me when I was stalled, ie, very frustrating. He's finally lost 2lb that he had gained, and is feeling happier again.

Good thing that eating this way has become automatic. And speaking of eating, I really ought to have something for lunch. OH is off fishing, am not going to walk down there and take him something, because I don't think I can.

Whinge, whinge - sorry people....

Sounds like too much too soon SWG... Take care and build slowly... Xxx

I'm not even going to talk about my arms as they are too revolting ! Lol xx

WI this week - sts at 12-8, I'm really pleased and quite surprised. So far - 5 months - it is 11 lb down.

I've just got a cookbook by Sophie Dahl out of the library, lots of recipes in there which are quite good for low carb - Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights. Lunch today is going to be portobello mushroom with a poached egg and - well, ought to be goats cheese but we have not got any. Not sure what I will use, maybe feta. Think it will be good, anyway.

Dinner - probably chilli. Minced beef, half a spicy chorizo, oregano and a little bit of cocoa, plus chopped tomatoes. Plus chopped courgettes instead of the kidney beans, works surprisingly well. And roughly chopped mozzarella over the top.

Knitting like a mad thing at the moment. (I do sample knitting for various designers.) For ages there has not been any work around, all of a sudden I have lots all at once. But one advantage of being required to take it easy is that I have time to get on with it.

And I've cheered up too - high time.

Hmmm - measured my waist this morning, I have gained 1 1/2" since the surgery. Lost weight, gained inches. I think the best way of dealing with this is to completely ignore it, maybe it will go away.

Morning SW

The designer knitting sounds amazing, do post some pics when your fingers get sore from all that knit one purl one :)

And I'm going to try out that chilli recipe this weekend, it sounds lovely! The courgette is very versatile, isn't it? :)

Think you're right to not worry about the inches, you've been through such a lot, just recuperate properly and it will all sort itself out.

Morning SWG... Maybe you're still a bit swollen... Can take the body a while to settle... And please post pics! Love a good knitter! Xx

Yes I should imagine you're a bit swollen - the body retains fluids to heal. Give yourself time xx

Morning all - actually it is afternoon now, isn't it. Still 12-8 here. Am sure you are right that the gain in inches is because of the surgery - am not worrying about it. Taking it easy today, went for a walk yesterday and my goodness I did enjoy it, and managed it without increase in pain - but so tired when we got home. So today is going to be very quiet, lots of knitting.

I can show you some of the things I've been making recently - there's a shrug with lacy beaded edges to the sleeves - some cuffs with beading, spiralling lace and ruffly edges - and some little fingerless mitts with a swirl of beads and lace across the back. All very fluffy and pretty! The designer's website is here. I hope these pictures come out ok, I have not posted pics before....

006.jpg004.jpg003.jpg001.jpg

Tomorrow

Back