No going back!

They are gorgeous, she uses such lovely yarns - silk, merino, kid mohair, baby alpaca. Things like that are not my style, but they are so so pretty and lovely fun to knit. It brings in a bit of pin money too, helps pay for my own knitting.

I can't always post pics of things, some things are for books to be published for instance so they have to be hush-hush. But Alison is happy for me to talk about her designs and show pics of them.

Wow!!! So amazing and such skill!! Thank you for sharing ! Xx

Really lovely, SW. I wish I had your talent. I managed to teach myself to knit last year and made half a wonky scarf. Not the best track record.

It is just practice ML - I've been knitting for more than 50 years now. Nothing wrong with wonky scarves, that's how we all start, and if you enjoy it than that's all that matters.

My gran taught me to do lots of crafts like that - knitting, crocheting, embroidery - I was very proud of one production, a jumper with thick black, grey and white horizontal stripes, and bobbles in the stripes, wore the thing to death :) What a lovely conversation, I hadn't thought about that jumper in years :)

Goodness the last week has flown past. Have been knitting like a loon here, lots to do and want to get it all out of the way asap so I can make my own stuff, ie pullover for OH and pretty fairisle cardi for me, paid for by my 'pin money'.

Aaaaanyway, this morning STS at 12-8, spot on, no more and no less. Have been at this weight since I came out of hospital and today I am four weeks post-op. Waist is still impersonating a balloon, think that anti-inflammatories for pain relief are def causing water retention. And I've still got these *&%$£ stitches. Have just looked online for how long they are likely to last and it says 3 - 4 months, possibly longer. Aaargh! Bad thought!

Food today, nothing interesting really apart from this evening when I plan to make zoodles with sausage meatballs in mustard cream sauce.

Which NSAIDS are you on? I have diclofenac on prescription but I've been trying to avoid taking it as I know for sure it stalls me.

Back