Green Days No longer down in the dumps

Hi everyone. I've been lurking around for a while half heartedly attempting to lose weight without much success which I take full responsibility for. Last nite tho is the worst Ive EVER felt about my weight & myself. I've always been overweight but now my husband & I sleep in seperate rooms as I snore which he says is 'because Im so fat & doesn't understand why I can't lose weight' !! He never touches me or kisses me & when he kissed our daughter last nite before he went to bed I said can I have a kiss & he replied no & walked off :-(
I cried myself to sleep & woke this morning & vowed to myself that I'll get on this plan & lose weight not for him but for me. My love for him has never changed in all the years we've been together despite various problems he's had. I just feel that if/when I lose weight he'll b all touchly feely again but to b honest if he can't bear to be near me now then why shld I want him near me then? I'd still be the same person underneath. God what a way to start my Monday morning. Anyway looking fwd to following everyones progress.

Oh my god, what ur husband has said is totally unnecessarily he should be supporting you through ur weight lose not making u feel terrible!
My partner has always been skinny he can eat and eat and eat and his still tiny! where as im a different matter i jus look at a plate of chips and put 5 pound on lol! but the whole time were together his ben supportive and now im losing weight his been better than ever! He has loved me at my biggest and i no he will at my thinnest!
You lose the weight u want to hun but u do it for your self! and show him how beautiful u are inside and out.. and then make him work his way back into ur affections if thats where u want him to be!
Im so glad you wrote this thread...ur not alone with your SW meetings every week and minimins u have always got people to talk 2...
chin up huni
xxx

Hi! I just wanted to answer your question about exercise, you need to have a rest day between strength training days, when you do the exercises you cause tiny breaks in the muscle which needs time to recover and therefore get stronger.
All exercise requires at least one rest day per week (scientists have proven the body and mind needs rest every seven days), so choose your day and factor it in.
I would (if I were you) factor in your current schedule with days at home doing something different, even if it is housework! Cleaning windows works your biceps, triceps, obliques etc, hoovering, and washing floors is good Cardio as is mowing the lawn. So that may help you focus.

If you've got a wipeboard (or laminate some sheets of paper) and write down your program for the week, tick them off as you do them and erase when you've finish your rest day. Keep it visual, as it'll remind you what you have achieved.

Good luck x

@ Shirleen thanks. I have now decided that Monday will be 'me' day to do as I please, Tues will be cooking & cleaning with gym session at night, Wed will be shopping & wii/walking, Thurs is gym, Fri is housework day, Sat is gym.

Hee hee long may it last. I'm feeling very good & positive right now. Certainly cldnt do this journey without all u lovely people x

positive works very well, great news on your losses, excellent keep it up;-)

hunca said:
4lb loss this week :)
Total loss of 6lbs in 2 weeks.

Yay!!! :)
Fab loss! X

Thank you :)
Had a v random couple of days food wise as Im trying to use up what's in the cupboards & freezer lol Still all on plan nonetheless.
Been at the gym twice this week so far. Someone actually commented that they thought my shape had changed :) May only be 6lbs so far but think the exercise is def helping. Off out on Sat night with the girls. I'm driving so won't be using syns on wine but no idea what the menu will be. Hopefully I'll make good choices.

Not been as 100% as I shld be Im afraid. So need to do a big shop but lack of funds & no car this week has made it really difficult. I'm going to start weighing myself on the scales at the gym on a Monday a.m & chuck out the scales I have at home as Im alway tempted to have a sneeky wi mid week! I always weigh myself 1st thing in the a.m once Ive been for a pee & b4 Ive eaten anything so I know Mondays wi will be hard to swallow as I'll have had my breakfast but as long as I stick to that every week then it'll give a true reading. Feeling really bloated today like Ive put on but Ive not been drinking nearly as much water or eating as much fruit or veg. Gym tonight though & Im determined to lose weight this time despite ANY hiccups not going to turn a difficult few days into months!!

keep going you sound like your on the right track just keep 100% and enjoy your syns x

Back