Extra Easy No loss :(

Rajwinder

Been good all week, exercised most days, drank 2litres of water, had no more than 5/6 syns a dah and i lost nothing!

I have at least 4 stone to lose as well :(

If you have just switched over from another eating plan it can sometimes take the body a while to readjust, especially if it was a low calorie diet.
The syns are there to be used, having less wont help you lose quicker, in fact often the more you use the more you lose as it were.
Also it would be helpful to see a food diary of a typical day from your first week just to make sure you are following the plan correctly, the most important thing is to have 1/3 superfree food with every meal as this naturally reduces your potion sizes of the higher calorie foods. x

Dukan is low carb, your body is adjusting to eating carbohydrates again. Normally when people do Atkins or dukan they gain the weight back even when they eat few calories due to eating carbs again.
I would forget last week and treat this like it is your first week and I'm sure you will lose.

My friend gained when she switched from dukan to slimming world and then lost the 2nd week.

Also as another poster has said you can eat all 15 syns and still lose, especially if you exercise most days.

Good luck for this week!!

Dukan is pretty hardcore, I lost half a stone in 4 days!
I would imagine ScarlettStar is right and your body just needs time to adjust as they are completely different dietary plans.
I've only just started on the extra easy but both my sisters have had good losses on it, and despite one of them coming off of it a couple of months ago, she's only put back on a couple of pounds, rather than the weight my boyfriend and I both lost on dukan nearly all going straight back on.
Stick at it for another week, and ask on here for any bits you're not sure on. Everyone's really helped and supported me. :)

Thanks guys! Some great advice there!

It makes sense about the getting used to carbs again. At least i havent gained hey?

Scarlett- i did post my food diary in the food diary forum x

I gained 0.5lb in my first week, I had previously followed WW so think my body was adjusting. Stick with it, it does work...I am at target now

I'm having between 1800 and 2000 cals a day though!!

You arent under eating then. That is a high calorie consumption for a woman, we dont have any other stats so we cant check, but if you are exercising as much as you say, i would have thought your body is getting all it needs.

(i find it hard to eat as much as 1800 calories on slimming world, and that's eating all the syns and HE etc)

I was doing the dukan diet which was pretty low cal.

I have at least a third of my meal as SF foods so its not that.

Demoralising :(

That's it then. You arent going to get the big first week loss (you have already had the over exaggerated loss when you started Dukan, you cant lose the water wieght twice), I believe Dukan is a similar diet to Atkins, in that your body is essentially manipulated to not require certain food groups etc, and then slowly reintroduced.

Dukan diet has to go through multiple stages before you reach a level that you maintain for the rest of your life. With SW that's supposed to be from the very first day. It is going to take some time for your body to return to normality.

Keep at it - SW is way easier to maintain as a lifestyle than Dukan is! I don't get all the hype with it :-/ depressingly constricting menu, no carbs and no fat! Worse than Atkins, at least with Atkins you can enjoy a fry up :king:

My consultant told me that with free foods and healthy extras, you're only eating around 900 calories a day, which is why it's really important to eat your syns. If you're exercising as well, you're supposed to have 10-15 otherwise you're starving yourself and your metabolism slows right down. With 15 syns, you're adding around 300 calories so you're still only at 1200 per day even if you take the full amount.

Also, I've noticed that some people lose way more slowly on EE rather than red or green days, so if you're still maintaining in a month or so, maybe try the red and green days and see if that helps.

Keep at it - SW is way easier to maintain as a lifestyle than Dukan is! I don't get all the hype with it :-/ depressingly constricting menu, no carbs and no fat! Worse than Atkins, at least with Atkins you can enjoy a fry up :king:

My consultant told me that with free foods and healthy extras, you're only eating around 900 calories a day, which is why it's really important to eat your syns. If you're exercising as well, you're supposed to have 10-15 otherwise you're starving yourself and your metabolism slows right down. With 15 syns, you're adding around 300 calories so you're still only at 1200 per day even if you take the full amount.

Also, I've noticed that some people lose way more slowly on EE rather than red or green days, so if you're still maintaining in a month or so, maybe try the red and green days and see if that helps.

I agree with your consultant M-Stew. Some on here seem to get a bit edgy when the "C" word is mentioned. SW is not calorie counting, but it is calorie controlled, via the rules, your body reacts in certain ways to the low calorie diet and you need to find the sweet spot, not eating syns etc can drive down your intake.

That doesnt seem to be the case here with the original poster though.

Yeah, definitely. I don't see why the "C" word is a big deal to be honest - even if it's not something that you have to be consciously counting while food optimising, it's still using the basic fuel/consumption model. To lose, what goes in needs to be less than what's going out.

And yes, I know Rajwinder is having the opposite problem really, but I guess my point was that if syns etc are being adhered to I'm not sure that it's possible to be eating 1900 calories! Anyway, keep at it and the pounds will soon start to shift :) I've only lost 4lbs so far in about 6 weeks but it's all going in the right direction :)

I am trying to work out how she is eating 1800 calories also. One of the rules i keep to, is not to count the food going into my mouth as calories. It's free, superfree, HE or syned. However when i have completed food diaries using foodfocus i can see what my calorie intake is. I have used this to track how things are going, especially as I wanted to increase my exercise but minimise any muscle breakdown.

I havent tracked everything for a while now, because i havent needed to. It keeps falling off. But there was a period in which i was, without really thinking about it, eating less than a thousand calories a day. Which is not safe without medical supervision or a keen understanding of where you are getting your essential nutrition from.

I changed my ways and upped what i was eating. I dont remember a single day in which i managed to eat 1800 calories though, even when eating like a right pig.

On days I am training, either 6-8 mile runs, or basketball training I can easily eat 1800 calories a day and still lose. It's not always about calories it is where your calories come from.

And an average woman should eat 2000 calories a day (to maintain their weight) so 1800 a day plus exercise isn't really a crazy amount.

But I guess if someone is eating 1800 and not losing weight then that is a different story and maybe needs to be looked at. I guess it depends on the exercise.....60 mins walking burns 200? If I run at gym...very rare but 60mins running often adds up to over 800 calories burnt.

But I think counting calories is a bad idea on SW! It is about knowing your body. For example when I exercise I get hungry and always opt for free food before syn food. I usually feel extra hungry during my time of the month and snack on superfree foods. But sometimes your body needs more than sf foods. So I always opt for free rather than syn free.

Plus I try and control my portions. I have a HUGE appetite even since I've lost the weight. I could easily eat a huge portion of pasta, so I make sure I weigh my portion sizes. It still fills me up but is maybe half of what I could eat if I never weighed it.

I think everyone put their calorie Intake into some form of app at some point to see what the calories are. I have easily lost eating 1800 a day with exercise in the past. In fact I always tend to lose better when I eat more.

I guess this the main reason why people tend to avoid the C word on here. Because calorie counting infers calorie restriction, which in turn infers cutting back on food. It's contrary to the whole ethos of SW of eat until your satisfied.

This may also be a gender thing though. Men tend to prefer to know this type of thing & are often far more logical in their thinking - they are
More likely to think in calories in/calories out terms so calorie counting is more useful to them.

Well in the grand scheme all weight loss actually is 'calories in/calories out'

SW/WW have just made a fortune turning it into a diet! I'm not complaining because I've lost lots of weight on ww and I'm enjoying SW! But if I have a bad day on SW and just enter it into my calorie app I feel 100% better knowing I've not failed. I've had all my HEXA/HEXB before aswell as free food and gone over my syns and had maybe 30 then I worry, put it in my tracker and I'm maybe at 1500!! Makes me carry on the next day and not worry about failing that day.

Back