No mention of healthy extras...

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by summerrose, 9 February 2010 Social URL.

1. summerrose

summerrose Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    What are healthy extras? There is no mention of them in the food optimising book! Is there a list of them somewhere on here?

Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. philly_x

philly_x Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    they should be there in the food optimising book? I dont have it near me so I couldnt tell you the pages but its definitely in there! x

4. philly_x

philly_x Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    did you start this year? is it the green food optimising book for 2010? x

5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do you mean the Food Optimising book that you can buy from bookshops with mostly recipes? If so then no it won't give you all the information about the SW plan because then people would have no incentive to join as members.

Healthy extras are there to make sure that you have recommended amounts of calcium, fibre and protein in your diet. If you take a look at the thread for newbies in the section about explains more about it. The number you get depends on the plan you are following but basically 'A' choices are milk and/or cheese and 'B' choices are bread, cereals, cereal bars, oil, dried/stewed/canned fruit, some canned soups, wholemeal pasta (on red), meat and fish (on green), nuts/seeds/cheese (on green). There isn't a list but we can give you advice on what you can have and how much you are allowed of each.

Hope that helps

6. summerrose

summerrose Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    No it is a white cover and says 'food optimising' in orange. I got it from ebay. Is this the wrong one? It has loads of recipies and menu plans but I cant see anything about the healthy extras.

7. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  8. evanesco

evanesco I'm the tortoise.

Start Weight:
    10st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(5.32%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    It would be worth trying to get to a class to join, even if it's just for 1 week, so you can get the food optimising pack. Then as previous memebrs have said we can guide you with amounts, but we're not allowed to give you the full list, since that's what members are paying for, if you get my drift.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.