No more delusions and wishing for quick fixes... Here for the long haul!!

Oooh good luck for your interview hun!

I've only just started exercise this week after 6 months and lost all my weight without it. Hoping it'll help a bit now though, need to get toned up for target now (well in 7st time, haha!)x

Well done that's a great result. You're going to be well out of the 21's next week! :)
I know how you feel though. I love watching Biggest Loser USA & it gives me totally unrealistic idea of how much I should lose. I need to be realistic & accept that it's going to be a long time until I get to my targets

Oh my word what a day today!!! Barely slept all night due to incredible toothache (had been to dentist about it on tues and he sent me away with antibiotics and appointment for a root canal in a week but pain just got worse). So had to get emergency dental appointment and ended up with a temporary filling. Part way through the procedure my phone rings! Managed to turn it off and then when I got home I checked the voicemail and it was to do with a job!! Phoned back and was asked if I could start on Monday for a 2/3 week temporary contract. Result!! She then goes on to tell me that I need to come in tomorrow for a security check at 10am... by this point I'm thinking hmm tricky as interview for permanent job is at 12.30pm on the opposite side of the city and I don't drive. Anyway she says she'll send an email confirming everything so I accept. Get the email through and it turns out I need to take ID including my birth certificate for the security check. Had lost my birth certificate during previous house move and hadn't gotten round to replacing it so went into panic mode. This was about 2pm and I was due at the recruitment agency at 3.15pm for a mock interview to prepare for tomorrows interview. Time for a mad dash to the registrar's office for birth certificate which is in next town over from the recruitment agency. Went for the bus and the bloody road was closed!! Had to walk over to the main road and call a taxi. Eventually got the birth certificate and arrived on time for mock interview as well but it was touch and go there! Absolutely crazy day and probably going to be crazier tomorrow. Wish me luck!!!

Well today's food kinda took a backseat with the pain, then the numbness and then the running about.

Today's Food:
Breakfast: pear
Lunch: chicken, noodles, bbq sauce (3 syns), cheese (HXA), veg (couldn't actually taste this!!)
Dinner: Chicken curry, boiled rice, mushrooms and onions (from takeaway no idea how many syns)
Snacks: 2 tangerines, hi fi bar (HXB)

I doubt tomorrow will be much better but really need to concentrate on interview at the moment.

Well it sounds like you've got all the crazyness out of the way today. Hopefully tomorrow will go as smooth as silk!
Good luck with both the security check & the job interview. I'm sure you'll do great :) x
Hope you get plenty of sleep x

Started on the long commute to destination number 1. Wonder jow many times I'll get lost today haha.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well got to destination number one half an hour early so am sat in a cafe nursing a bottle of water trying to ignore the smell of fry ups

Good luck hun!! Xx

eep what day!!! when I got to security check the guy I was meant to be meeting had been called away so I was left with a mountain of paperwork to work through. Don't think interview went too well either, phone went off during it even though I was sure it was on silent (ironically it was my sw consultant). then got caught in a snow storm on way home.

Another suckish food day today. Breakfast|: muller light Lunch: baked potato, beans, sweetcorn, red onion, branston pickle (2 syns), 3 mini babybel lights (HXA) Dinner: Chicken in blackbean sauce (5 syns), noodles (apparently free but seemed quite greasy) and mixed veg Snacks: pineapple Total syns: 7 Really need to get my head back in the game

Today's Food:

Breakfast: none
Lunch: hifi bar (hxb), 3 mini babybel lights (hxa), ww hot choc (2 syns)
Dinner: sausage casserole (3 syns), potatoes, green beans, cabbage
Supper: soup made with kidney beans in chilli sauce, sweetcorn, green beans, cabbage, onions, leeks, peppers, mushrooms, veg oxo and worcestershire sauce
Snacks: beetroot and pickled onions

Syns: 5

Much better food day today but still not usual standard.

OH MY YOU'VE BEEN BUSY!!! Hope the interview went better than you think and that's an end to crazy days dashing around! How do you put your slimming stickers on your profile? Sunday tomorrow hope you can have a more steady day you must be worn out. How's the tooth?
I copy and paste the stickers from my sw online awards page. Catching up with a friend I haven't seen in a while today. Tooth is holding up ok with the temp filling just now. Root canal time tomorrow how have you been? Xx

Good day today catching up with my friend, lots of body magic walking around the shopping centre and she even asked me to be her bridesmaid :D so something else to motivate me to lose weight.

Today's Food:

Breakfast: None
Lunch: Baked potato, beans, branston pickle (2 syns)
Dinner: Pasta bolegnaise, green beans, leeks, cabbage and 30g parmasen (HXA)
Snacks: strawberries, 4 celebrations (8 syns) Supper: ww hot choc (2 syns), ww pitta bread (hxb), Philly light (2.5syns), ham, beetroot, pickled onions. Total syns: 14.5 :)

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a good time with your friend & lovely to be asked to be her bridesmaid. I hope that the interview went better than you thought. When will you hear? x

Had the pleasure of my first root canal today. Actually wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Spent the afternoon at my gran's afterward and had her scrummy homemade soup for dinner :) Also finally heard back from the temp agency. security check still not processed so I haven't to start tomorrow. grrr so annoyed!! today's food: breakfast: none Lunch|: scrambled eggs and beetroot dinner: my gran's homemade soup nd 2 pancakes with sweetner for pudding (17 syns) supper: pitta bread cheese toastie (HXs) snacks: pear, 2 tangerines

Glad to hear the dentist wasn't too bad. Just reading root canal makes my toes curl. Sorry about the delay to your temp job, hope they get it sorted quickly :)
I went to Amsterdam on the ferry at the weekend. The weather was so bad that instead of arriving at 9.30am we didn't dock until nearly 4.30pm! Only about 1 hr in Amsterdam.
The diet also went completely out the window with far too much cider in the bar on Friday night. A wasted weekend in more ways than one :(

Back