No more delusions and wishing for quick fixes... Here for the long haul!!

So when i started in january i had this psychological goal that i wanted to be under 20stone by the time i met up with my speedway friends, that i havent seen since october, at the end of march. Now thats 2 weigh ins away and i have 6.5lbs to go to get under 20stone. Any ideas how i can speed things up a bit to reach my goal?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

2.5lbs off tonight :D 2 stone award and slimmer of the week :D :D

Awesome news!! :) well done you!

As for speeding things up a bit, red days have always worked wonders for me xx

Food Diary:

Breakfast: yogurt and half an orange
Lunch: mugshot with salad, pickled onions, beetroot and a plum and tea (4 syns for milk and sugar)
Dinner: cheese pasta (hxa and 6 syns) and brussel sprouts
Snacks: plum, 2 hifi lights.(hxb), apple, banana
Supper: cone with a flake from mcdonalds (9.5 syns)

Total syns: 19.5

Last edited:
Food Diary:

Breakfast: yogurt and an apple
Lunch: Sausage casserolle (2 syns); plum, apple and tea (4 syns for milk and sugar), metcalfe's sweet n salt topcorn (4 syns)
Snacks: plum, 2 hifi lights, apple, banana
Dinner: Speed soup and parmasen (HXA)

Last edited:
Well today turned out to be the last day at that job despite the insistance from day one that i would be kept on :( oh well going for a swim now to cheer myself up and then its back to the job search.

Well today turned out to be the last day at that job despite the insistance from day one that i would be kept on :( oh well going for a swim now to cheer myself up and then its back to the job search.

So sorry to hear that hun :( make sure you keep an eye out for future vacancies though as it might have been a foot in the door for you. Enjoy your swim tonight!

Sorry to hear that, such a shame when you were enjoying it. Hopefully something else will come along quickly :)

Thanks for the support Bev and Zappacat.

Went for an hour long swim last night and then walked the 1.4 miles home really helped to clear my head.

Today's Food:

Breakfast: fruit salad and 2 hifi lights (HXB)
Lunch: speed soup and 30g parmasen (hxa)
Dinner: 2 baked potatoes with tuna mayo (quark), cheese (6 syns) and salad
Supper: 2 pears, popcorn (4 syns) and a yogurt

Not doing very well with this red day thing. :/ Bit of a carb whore i think! Hubby has suggested that I just focus on inch loss for the next couple of weeks as that's what my friends will see and they won't know the number on the scales. Which obviously is totally true... Swim, Swim, Swim time and hopefully that will shift the inches. It closes at 4pm on a saturday so didn't go today but will be going tomorrow and hopefully daily from then on.

Bev - just wondering if when you did swimming a lot last year did you notice anywhere firming up/slimming down more than other areas?

Last edited:
Well done on the swimming and walking home as well! I'm hoping to start going swimming again in the summer. Signed up to join a new gym opening at beginning of April so hopefully that will give me a boost. :-D

Swimming seems to be playing havoc with my skin it's so itchy and red. Dont wanna give up my swims though so gonna head to tesco thua morning for a good moisturing shower gel and moisturiser.

Swimming seems to be playing havoc with my skin it's so itchy and red. Dont wanna give up my swims though so gonna head to tesco thua morning for a good moisturing shower gel and moisturiser.

Chlorine makes my skin itchy too. Hopefully a good shower gel should sort it out :)

Have picked up some sanex dermo pro hydrate shower gel and some aquaeous cream so fingers crossed they sort it out.

Back from swimming. Skin feels really smooth after using the shower gel and aquaeous cream. Fingers crossed the itching stays at bay.

Have decided that today is going to be a red day!

Today's Food:

Breakfast: yogurt and 2 small pears
Snack: mushrooms
Lunch: 2 ww pitta bread (2 x hxb), philly light (HXA), ham and a banana
Snack: apple and packet of snack a jacks (5 syns)
Dinner: chicken and mushroom stitfry with worcestershire sauce. Mini milk for dessert (1.5 syns)
Snack: ww hot choc (2 syns), 2 rocky roads (6 syns)
Snack: pear and 5 light cheese triangles (2nd hxa)

Total syns: 14.5 :)

Last edited:
Feel like a bottomless pit today!! Red days are not my friend. Think i will be back to extra easy tomorrow.

So today is going to be another red day! Really missing carbs but it's purely because I have decided to have eggs for lunch and I need to have stirfry tonight to finish off the pack before it goes out of date.

Breakfast: apple and a yogurt
Lunch: Cheesey scrambled egg (HXA for cheese) with brussell sprouts, carrots and cauliflower
Dinner: Subway turkey and ham salad with ranch dressing (4 syns)
Snacks: 2 hi fi lights (HXB), pear, tea (milk second hxa)

Total syns: 4

Last edited:
Omg i start a new job tomorrow :D so relieved and happy

Omg i start a new job tomorrow :D so relieved and happy

Oh wow that's great news :)
Is it the one you applied for a few weeks ago?

No i just applied for it at lunch time. They phoned not long after and i went straight in for interview xx

Back