No more excuses! Back again for 2015

Hi Chrissie - You just need to check syns for amount of banana you use as opposed to blueberry as it will need to be synned as cooked. Sounds like you did quite a bit of body magic with all that walking today.

Re: No more excuses! New me for 2014

Thanks for that Sharon, I will check it out, I think I would rather a higher syn tasty muffin than a low syn one that tastes rubbish :-D

I quite enjoy the experimenting part, I suspect nothing I make will taste like the "real" thing or they would be selling them already!

If I have to go somewhere that is walking distance I don't allow myself to get the car out :) Only works if I have the time though!

Sent from my smarter than me phone

Using MiniMins.com App

Just made some Weetabix Muffins! Not bad, Not bad at all! If I use weetabix as my HEXb these are Syn Free too :) Something substantial to have with a cuppa that I am allowed :)

Found this online...
Weetabix Muffins
ingredients
2 weetabix, crushed
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 pot muller light fat free yoghurt, any flavour
2 tablespoons sweetener
Vanilla extract (or any flavour you like)

- preheat oven to 180
- mix everything together
- pour into 2 muffin cases or 4 cupcake cases
- bake for 25 mins and cool before eating
- these (the whole mix) are syn free if using the weetabix as a Healthy B option

I used the Muller Vanilla Yoghurt with chocolate, a tspn of vanilla extract and made 7 mini muffins - only 15 minutes in the oven.

I also added 3 chocolate chips to each one (used 5g of chocolate chips - less than 1.5 syns)

The complete mixture comes to 7.5 syns. (1.5 syns if you use weetabix as a HEXb or Free if you don't add the chocolate chips)

I am so going to experiment with different flavours! :) Not all today though :D

Last edited:
Best low fat "bake" so far - I would say they are slightly better while still warm (not hot) The beauty of these is that you usually have these things in the house too :)

I have a really sweet tooth :eek: so I need something to have with a cuppa mid morning or mid afternoon so that I don't feel like I am missing anything, the rest of the time I am fine, I reckon these would feel more filling than the alpen light cereal bars. Anyway it's a nice alternative :)

Monday 16th December 2013

I have had a great day experimenting in the kitchen :)

I wanted to make a Spanish Tortilla but knew that if I made a whole one (frying pan size) I would want to eat the lot! So I used 3 little loose base tart tins and made 3 small ones, I used cooked new potatoes and some sliced onion (softened in fry light) and added those to the tins, I then heated them in the oven for a few minutes so that when I added the egg mixture it would start to cook on the bottom straight away - I thought it may escape through the loose bottoms otherwise. Then cooked them in the oven for 7-8 minutes.

I have already written about the weetabix muffins, hubby had one when he got home and said he liked them and for some reason my cat wanted some too! She never begs so this was a bit weird :D They are definitely more tasty when they are warm so I put them in the microwave for 10 seconds before serving.

For Dinner I wanted to use up some of the leftover chicken from yesterday, I love the Jamie Oliver sweet leek and turkey pie so made my own adaption of that...

I fried some chopped onion in fry light buttery, then added 2 pieces of lean smoked bacon cut into little pieces and fried that off, then added 6 sliced leeks and a tspn of oregano, you "fry" the leeks for a few minutes then reduce the heat and leave them to cook with the lid on for about half an hour to reduce, they shouldn't stick, as they produce a lot of water, but check anyway.
Then added diced cooked chicken and 2 teaspoons of flour (2 syns) and a pint of chicken stock, salt and pepper to taste, bring it to the boil and it will thicken up a bit, Then remove it from the heat and stir in a big dollop of fat free fromage frais. Remove the leek and chicken with a slotted spoon and add to a deep pie dish (the juice will be reheated as gravy)
Topped with cheesy (HEXa) mash. This will go in the oven for about half an hour..... Will report back later as to whether this was successful or not :D

Healthy Extras
a: 30g Cheddar
b: 2 Weetabix

Breakfast: Fresh Fruit Salad with Banana & Custard Muller Yoghurt
Lunch: Spanish Tortilla, thin slice of ham, few slices of roast chicken, half a plate of salad, fat free dressing.
Dinner: Chicken and Leek and potato pie, with steamed veggies and a creamy leeky gravy (1 syn)

Syns
Basic, Sauce flour 1
Dr Oetker Choc Chips 5g 1½
Alpen, Light Cereal Bars Chocolate & Fudge 2½
Nescafe, Cafe Menu Cappuccino, Strong, dried 2½

Total Syns 7½

Walked 2 miles to get some shopping, chose a shop a bit further away :)
Fluids: Plenty of Black Tea, Water and Free Cranberry Juice.

Update: Chicken and Leek n potato pie was very nice and very filling, There was enough for 3 portions so no doubt hubby will take the last bit to work tomorrow

Last edited:
I really admire your determination - all that walking. I'm not that great on the body magic front at the mo so hats off to you. Experimenting with recipes is sounding really good Chrissie.

Thanks Sharon :) I do spend quite a lot of time sitting in the office so have to do something to stop my backside spreading any further! :D

I enjoy walking and cycling (once I get going) which is great 'cos they are both free but it's a bit too wet and windy to get the bicycle out at the moment, it probably won't see the light of day until next May!!

Well done for having the motivation to start at this time of year- I am getting back on the wagon AGAIN and feel the same that if I wait until the new year I will either not start or I will ahve a million extra pounds to try and lose
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: No more excuses! New me for 2014

Made some more weetabix muffins.. used toffee muller yoghurt today plus vanilla extract and 1.5 syns worth of choc chips. This is what they look like :)
1387276064052.jpg

Sent from my smarter than me phone

Using MiniMins.com App

Hi, I too started a couple of weeks ago and its great to see your weight loss, it's a real motivation. Subscribed :)
Hi! Thanks for subscribing :)
I am hoping that having started before Christmas that I won't want to put what I have lost back on again! But I am still going to enjoy my Christmas, I reckon that even if I am being a bit naughty being in the "diet" frame of mind will help me to keep track of what I am actually putting in my face! :D

Good luck with your journey, just think this time next year we will be discussing what we are going to wear rather than what we are going to eat! :)

Tuesday 17th December 2013

Another Pretty good day :) I was going to treat myself today as it's another week to the next weigh in, but I couldn't bring myself to go over my syns! :D Spent the afternoon with Dad, then got "crafty" sticking glitter to some cardboard cones to decorate a shelf in the lounge and made a curry with the remaining chicken for hubby. Didn't do enough exercise though, walked just over a mile in less than 20 minutes but that was to go and buy myself a little bottle of wine, and it feels as if one thing cancels out the other :)

I know it's an expensive way of doing it but I worked out a small 187ml bottle of Rose is just under 6½ syns, this means that I can open a bottle and finish it without worrying about counting up syns! :D

Healthy Extras
a: 40g Low Fat Cheddar
b: 2 Weetabix (Made into Muffins again :))

Breakfast: Linda McCartney Red Onion and Rosemary Sausage, Small Spanish Tortilla, Grilled Mushrooms and Baked Beans
Lunch: Banana, Grapes, Raspberries, Blueberries and Muller Light Yoghurt
Dinner: Jacket Potato with Cheese (HEXa) and a mahoosive salad with a little tuna crumbled over it and fat free dressing & tbspn Lighter than light mayo ½ syn

Snacks: Weetabix and choc chip Muffins - 1½ syns in total :)

Syns
Dr Oetker Choc Chips 5g 1½
187ml Rose Wine 6½
Lighter than light mayo ½ syn
Total Syns 8½

Fluids: Black Tea, Black Coffee and plenty of water

Back