No more excuses! Back again for 2015

Woop Woop!! 5lbs off today, got rid of last weeks gain and then some! :D

Nearly half way there and only 6lbs to go for my mini holiday target :wee:

I saw your post on the Challenge thread. Well done on such a fab loss Chrissie, amazing !! :D

Kay xx

WOW amazing weight loss, well done Chrissie. Cloud 9 this week huh :). Tick tock to your holiday. Food is sounding great as always.

Thanks Sharon!

I am at work today and have just snuck on here briefly as it's soooo quiet and I am a tad bored! :beam:

I have eaten all my lunch and am looking around for more.:eat: Lot's of tea and coffee will be consumed this afternoon methinks!

Bought the ingredients to make a homity pie tonight, my mouth is already watering thinking about it - it had better be good :)

Better go before I am caught :D

Thanks Sharon!

I am at work today and have just snuck on here briefly as it's soooo quiet and I am a tad bored! :beam:

I have eaten all my lunch and am looking around for more.:eat: Lot's of tea and coffee will be consumed this afternoon methinks!

Bought the ingredients to make a homity pie tonight, my mouth is already watering thinking about it - it had better be good :)

Better go before I am caught :D

I made it a while ago but put too much parsley and thyme in, was really overpowering. I've not made it since but I'd definitely go easy on the herbs xx

I made it a while ago but put too much parsley and thyme in, was really overpowering. I've not made it since but I'd definitely go easy on the herbs xx

Thanks Rae Rae. Good job I checked in before making it! :)

Sent from my smarter than me phone MiniMins.com App

Wednesday 12th February

I have decided to call today a RED day, it fits and if I like the homity pie I can have a second helping, there is only 500g of potato in the whole dish of 4 servings and 4 portions of cheese but I can have one more if I want :D

Healthy Extras
a 30g Cheddar
a
b 2 Alpen Light Bars
b 230g Baked potato

Breakfast: Banana and Muller yoghurt
Mid Morning: Alpen Light bar (Hexb)
Lunch: Not prepared today! Banana, Apple, Space Raiders, Muller Yoghurt
Mid afternoon: Alpen Light bar (Hexb)
Dinner: SW Homity pie with Brocolli and Cauliflower

Syns
Space Raiders 3 syns
HP Sauce 1 syn
Treat size curly wurly 3 syns
Treat size smarties 3.5 syns
Total syns 10.5

Last edited:
ooooh, seem homily pie in one of the old mags. How was it?
OMG it was delicious!! I managed not to go for seconds as it is quite filling, hubby loved it too. I didn't add any garlic as I have a dental appointment tomorrow, well the hygienist and it wouldn't be fair to breathe garlicky breath at her for half an hour! :D To be honest it doesn't need garlic anyway

It has so many possibilities too, it could make a really lovely topping for a shepherds pie or you could add some chopped up gammon and make it meaty.

Really loved it, great comfort food for a rotten night like this :)

Re the herbs, I only use dried herbs nowadays, the recipe says a handful of fresh herbs but I find fresh herbs a real pain to chop and they don't really mix in so they end up all over your teeth! :D......how much is a handful anyway? I just sprinkled some dried parsley, dried thyme and also added a little dried sage for good measure. The other change I made was that I used half (80g) of reduced fat cheddar but the rest (60g) was full fat cheddar (instead of 160g of reduced fat in total) so that it melted nicely on the top.

Anyhoo, I would really recommend it and I am going to have one of the leftover portions for lunch tomorrow :)

Glad that it was yummy. May have to dig out the old mag that it was in. I think your hygienist is very lucky that you are so considerate. Things like that don't even cross my mind. No wonder she always wears a mask!
Haha! I never used to eat garlic but I do find nearly every SW recipe seems to add it! I only just remember in time but I was secretly relieved that I didn't have to finely chop any tonight! :D
I got the recipe from the SW website, if you can't find it though let me know and I will copy it for you

Don't be telling the receptionist that you love her again ;-) x

Haha! I have to be there really early in the morning (why on earth I agreed to that I have no idea) and I have never been to a hygienist before so I am a little scared (I know I am a real woos!) ... so only God knows what rubbish I will be spouting tomorrow! :D

Thursday 13th February - NSV day!

Got up early for my hygienist appointment, I was pretty nervous (don't ask me why, I know there was nothing to be scared about really, but then phobias are like that) I have never been to a hygienist before, no dentist has ever told me to, but after giving up smoking I thought I should do it. Some of you will remember that when I am nervous I can't string a sentence together, but I was fine today.......to start with....................
except at the end when the hygienist praised me on my teeth and said for someone who hasn't been before they were pretty good - I could feel myself welling up!! I felt so proud of myself for some stupid reason :eek: anyway I quickly put my coat on, which meant I could look at the floor while I did my zip up, and got out quickly before I hugged her :D It must be hormones or something.......

Later on I swapped a dress at BHS that I had ordered online for a smaller size! I had also received 2 pairs of cropped trousers this morning in a size 12 and they fit too!! I had sent the 14's back but was convinced the 12's were not going to fit. They are so soft and comfy and I am looking forward to wearing them on holiday, I just won't eat anything in case I go back to a 14 while I am away :D

Healthy Extras
a 30g Cheddar
b 2 Alpen Light Bars
Breakfast: Banana and kiwi with muller yoghurt
Lunch: Leftover portion of homity pie with baked beans - YUM!!
Dinner: Salmon (marinated in stuff I found in the kitchen... soy sauce, lemon juice, chilli flakes, herbs and seasoning) Herby roasties, brocolli and cauliflower

Syns
100% olive oil spray 0.5 syns
187ml Rose 6.5 syns
Treat size chocolate buttons 3.5 syns
Treat size Cadbury caramel 4 syns
Total syns 14.5 syns

Body magic: 4 miles brisk walking tonight plus my pedometer says I walked 4 miles during the day but it was mostly meandering :)

Last edited:
I love your trips to the dentist even if you don't ;-)

It's lovely being able to wear a size smaller isn't it? A similar thing happened to me in Next yesterday. I just need my brain to catch up with my body now... I'm hoping spring/summer might help with that as we always wear less clothes x

I love your trips to the dentist even if you don't ;-)

It's lovely being able to wear a size smaller isn't it? A similar thing happened to me in Next yesterday. I just need my brain to catch up with my body now... I'm hoping spring/summer might help with that as we always wear less clothes x
It is lovely getting things in a smaller size, the only problem is I don't really believe it yet and I am so frightened that I will buy it and then it will be too small again in a couple of weeks! I suppose I don't really trust myself fully to keep losing... but I am determined this time so I know I will even if it is going to be interrupted by holidays :)

I still can't believe that only 3 months ago I was wearing size 16 tops!

I was so chuffed with myself that I had managed 2 dentist trips in such a short time that I have already booked the next one! Gotta get my teeth ready for that silly grin I will have when I manage to get down to a size 10 :D

Back