No more excuses! Back again for 2015

It is lovely getting things in a smaller size, the only problem is I don't really believe it yet and I am so frightened that I will buy it and then it will be too small again in a couple of weeks! I suppose I don't really trust myself fully to keep losing... but I am determined this time so I know I will even if it is going to be interrupted by holidays :) I still can't believe that only 3 months ago I was wearing size 16 tops! I was so chuffed with myself that I had managed 2 dentist trips in such a short time that I have already booked the next one! Gotta get my teeth ready for that silly grin I will have when I manage to get down to a size 10 :D

I picked up a 10 in next thinking that they would be tight, they looked ridiculous and I had to ask for an 8. I am not an 8, I just think next are a bit more generous with there sizes. I felt like an idiot asking the woman for a smaller size, she must have looked at me and thought, there's no way you are an 8 love

I was busting out of a size 23 weeks ago so I totally get how you feel. I think our brains need to catch up with our bodies :)

Just think how fab you are going to feel on your holibobs and quite rightly so :D x

Friday 14th February - Happy Valentines!

We don't bother trying to go out on Valentines anymore, I usually cook hubby his favourite meal which happens to be Chicken Fajitas, how lucky is that? They are so easy :) This year I obviously made them SW friendly too....

Healthy Extras
a 40g Reduced Fat Cheddar
b 2 Alpen Light Bars

Breakfast: Banana, strawberries and kiwi with muller yoghurt, Alpen bar
Lunch: Banana and kiwi with muller yoghurt, Alpen bar (I have no imagination!)
Dinner: Chicken Fajitas, made with Bart Fajita spices (syn free) Peppers, Onions. Mini Tortilla 4.5 syns. Loads of salad with fat free dressing, Salsa 0.5 syns, Soured cream (squeezee bottle) 0.5 syns
Pudding: Strawberries drizzled with melted chocolate (not very much) 1 syn, 2x50ml scoops of low fat vanilla yoghurt 2 syns

Syns

187ml bottle of Rose 6.5
Fajitas 5.5
Pudding 3
Total syns 15
:serenade:

Last edited:
Saturday 15th February

Nothing to report today, fairly uneventful Saturday......Oh! Well, I did get a new washing machine delivered today but I didn't alert the media, they have enough news to play with at the moment :D

Healthy Extras
a
Forgot to have one today!
b 2 Alpen Light Bars

Breakfast:
Bacon with fat cut off, Linda McCartney Red onion and Rosemary sausages, Baked beans, poached egg, grilled tomato and third plate of mushrooms
Lunch: Danone Fat Free Raspberry Yoghurt and a few strawberries
Dinner: SW Meatballs with SW Arrabiata sauce (with added peppers and spices as theirs isn't zingy enough!) small portion of wholemeal spaghetti and bowl of salad with FF French dressing.

Syns

Nescafe Cappuccino 3.5 syn
HP Sauce 1 syn
Treat size smarties 3.5 syns
Treat size chocolate buttons 3.5 syns
Total syns 11.5

Last edited:
Sounds like a good Saturday. It's nice to get new appliances isn't it - we currently have a new double oven sat boxed in the dining room ready for our forthcoming house move lol

Sunday 16th February

Yesterday was not quite an On Plan day!

A friend of ours had a really pants Christmas this year, so we all got together at another friends house and had another Christmas day, We all bought little presents and put on our silly hats and had Turkey and all the trimmings, a few glasses of wine and played a few games. It was a really lovely day. :)

I didn't write down my syns yesterday but I will have easily gone over, I was careful with my food, didn't have a lot of gravy, did have loads of veg, only 2 roast potatoes and one little bit of cauliflower cheese and of course Turkey with the skin off. But I did have 3 glasses of wine over the course of the day and a very small slice of the special pud another friend made - it was a sort of Christmassy bakewell tart and soooo lovely. Oh yes and 1 chocolate from a box of celebrations. We ate in the middle of the afternoon and I was starving when we got home at 10pm so I had a packet of space raiders when I got in..

I did go for a 6.5 mile walk in the morning which is over 500 calories worth, so hopefully I limited the damage.

But I don't mind, it was a really nice day :)

I also discovered that if I have Alpen Bars every day I get very windy! :eek: Sorry but it has to be said, they are fine if eaten on random days but I had them every day last week and by Friday I was extremely uncomfortable, as soon as I realised and stopped eating them it went away. I know that all this extra fibre that we eat on SW will have an effect but it has happened to me before and I was certain that it was Alpen Bars then. So I need to change my HEXb habits a bit :) Back on Weetabix muffins today!

Morning hun!

The good thing about SW is that even though we might go over our syns a little bit we still have control over our just like you did by having lots of veggies and a thin slice of cake.... If you werent following SW I'm sure your day would have looked a lot different so well done!! It sounds like you had a lovely day and we still need to live our lives as well as trying to lose weight! x

Morning hun!

The good thing about SW is that even though we might go over our syns a little bit we still have control over our just like you did by having lots of veggies and a thin slice of cake.... If you werent following SW I'm sure your day would have looked a lot different so well done!! It sounds like you had a lovely day and we still need to live our lives as well as trying to lose weight! x

Morning Becky! I agree with you, I felt much more relaxed about yesterday than I did on Christmas Day itself, I trusted myself to make the right choices but I still wanted to taste everything because my friend had gone to so much trouble cooking it all! A year ago I would have had 2 slices of pudding and half a box of chocolates and lord knows how much wine!! :D

I have problems if I eat too many alpens too! I know you can have 2 lights a day but I'd tend to have 1 and then 10 almonds or something, as they give me stomach ache if I eat too many!

The thumbs up doesn't mean that I like the fact that you get stomach ache! But I am glad it's not just me, although I need to find an alternative as I enjoyed them with a cuppa! Hi-fi bars had the same effect though :(

Monday 17th February - Red Day

Went off for a walk this morning, had planned to walk about 2.5 miles but found my route blocked by a tree that had fallen down, I ended up going a different way and did 5 miles instead and I was dying for a wee for the second part of the walk... Still, it made me walk faster! :D

Healthy Extras
a 40g Cathedral City Lighter Mature Cheddar
a 85g Ricotta
b 2 Weetabix
b 230g baking potato (including skin), raw weight

Breakfast: Weetabix muffins (only had half a portion as hubby ate half of them!)
Lunch: Danone Fat Free Peach Yoghurt and Grapes
Dinner: Homity pie with added Cubes of Gammon (potato hexb and cheese hexa), Carrots and Beans.
Dessert: Banana Tiramisu made with Ricotta (hexa) and vanilla quark (I used 4 sponges per person) and cocoa dusted on top 4.5 syns (I can recommend this pudding!)

Syns
Sultanas 1
Peas in homity pie 1.5
Splash of gravy 1
Tiramisu 4.5
Total syns 8

Last edited:
Another 1lb off this week :)

Doesn't look like I will manage my mini target for February after all, Only one more weigh in and I need to lose 2.5lbs to complete it... Never mind though, as long as it goes in the right direction I don't really mind. I can see the changes in my clothing etc. so no matter what the scales say it is still working.

My target will be reached when I think it looks right not when the scales say a certain number anyway.

I am still doing this online but have decided that after my holiday I will be joining a group, I think I am ready now and want to be able to stay in a group even after I have reached target to stop me slipping back into my old ways... Even now I struggle in the bread aisle, The co-op is the worst for it, you have to queue for the tills right next to the Danish pastries, That is torture for me!!

In the past I wouldn't have thought twice about popping a pack of 2 in my basket and eating both of them after putting the shopping away, It would start with one with the idea of leaving one for hubby but then I would be embarrassed that I had eaten one in the first place so would eat the other one to hide the evidence! I have only just admitted to myself that I did that :eek:

Another 1lb off this week :) Doesn't look like I will manage my mini target for February after all, Only one more weigh in and I need to lose 2.5lbs to complete it... Never mind though, as long as it goes in the right direction I don't really mind. I can see the changes in my clothing etc. so no matter what the scales say it is still working. My target will be reached when I think it looks right not when the scales say a certain number anyway. I am still doing this online but have decided that after my holiday I will be joining a group, I think I am ready now and want to be able to stay in a group even after I have reached target to stop me slipping back into my old ways... Even now I struggle in the bread aisle, The co-op is the worst for it, you have to queue for the tills right next to the Danish pastries, That is torture for me!! In the past I wouldn't have thought twice about popping a pack of 2 in my basket and eating both of them after putting the shopping away, It would start with one with the idea of leaving one for hubby but then I would be embarrassed that I had eaten one in the first place so would eat the other one to hide the evidence! I have only just admitted to myself that I did that :eek:

Well done lovely!!! How much have you lost in total now?

Even thought I know SW inside out and upside down I will need to go to group, it really helps me! I booked a holiday for this week as it was valentines and as much as loved the sleep in on Saturday morning so I missed group! Plus now I'm curious to know how much I lost :)

I can be just the same about buying things and eating them before the hubby sees them. If I hide the evidence I tell myself it's ok and it's as if I've not eaten it in the first place. Silly really as I'm only kidding myself but it's just something I have to learn to deal with, I don't think I'll ever be a able to stop that temptation which is why going to group really helps as it's goes a long way to helping me to stop binging x

Well done lovely!!! How much have you lost in total now?
Thanks Becky! I have lost 1 stone 6lbs so far, 1 more pound for another award! :) I have another 1 stone 5lbs to lose so I am just over half way! But as I say I am not sure what my target should really be, I have gone with the higher recommended weight for my height as I know I would look ill if I got too thin! x

Well done on the loss!
Thanks Katie! x

Chrissie. Well done on the loss. When's the holiday now?
Thanks Sharon! 11 sleeps! :D We are all getting together for a Mexican evening on Saturday to get in the mood, not that I need any help with that! :D

Tuesday 18th February - Extra Easy

Had a few highlights put through my hair today (to tidy up the mess I had made of it myself really!) and had my hair cut in readiness for my holiday :cool:
Next week I am having my eyelashes tinted as another treat, I have blonde eyelashes so without mascara it looks like I don't have any at all, when they are tinted I only have to use clear mascara and don't have to worry about mascara all down my face if I go swimming (or get sweaty :))

Healthy Extras
b Wholemeal Roll
Breakfast: Muller Yoghurt, Banana, Apple & Grapes
Lunch: Wholemeal Roll with a laughing cow Cheese to make up for hexa as only had about 30g of reduced fat cheese, Banana and Space Raiders (Not all at the same time!)
Dinner: Left over Homity pie with added Cubes of Gammon, Carrots and Cauliflower. Cadburys Chocolate Mousse 4.5 syns

Syns
Splash of gravy 1
Choc Mousse 4.5
Space Raiders 3
Treat size smarties 3.5 syns
Total syns 12

Last edited:
Wednesday 19th February Extra Easy

Healthy Extras
b Weetabix x 2

Breakfast:
Weetabix muffins (eggs, weetabix hexb, muller yoghurt and cinnamon)
Lunch: Jacket Potato with Tuna, 50% plate Cucumber and Celery
Afternoon snack: Hexa cheese cubed with cut up pickled onions (YUM!)
Dinner: Caribbean Pepper Pot Stew with Potato wedges
Pudding: 2 syn Tiramisu (made with 2 sponge fingers each soaked in strong coffee) Topping made with Quark mixed with vanilla, splenda and half a muller vanilla with choc sprinkles yoghurt and sliced banana

Syns

Sponge fingers 2
Space invaders 3
Rose wine 6.5
Total syns 11.5

Last edited:
Thursday 20th February Extra Easy

Healthy Extras
a Forgot my cheese!
b 2 x Nutri-grain Fruit and Fibre breakfast biscuits

Breakfast:
Banana, Grapes and Strawberries with Muller Yoghurt
Lunch: Pasta Twists, Cucumber and Tuna mixed with FF Dressing
Afternoon snack: Cappuccino Strong 2.5, nutri-grain biscuits hexb
Dinner: Chicken breast spread with cajun spices and lemon juice, stirfry veg and New potatoes
Dessert:
chocolate mousse and strawberries 4.5

Syns
Cappuccino Strong (pkt) 2.5 syns
Cadburys chocolate mousse 4.5 syns
187ml Rose Wine 6.5 syns
Total syns 13

5.5 miles body magic

Back