No more excuses! Back again for 2015

Hope you like the class tomorrow. I am sure it will be full of lovely people. I look forward to hearing about it on here tomorrow.

You were right it was full of lovely people, It went on a lot longer than I expected though so not sure if I will stay every week but that's the only way I would get to know some of them so I will do my best :)

The good news for me was that I only weighed 0.5lb more fully clothed on their scales so my home ones are reading a little high. My weigh in today was 10st 4.5lbs and I will start reporting on Fridays from now on... I gave my target as 9.4 but may change that to 8.12 when I get there, just depends how I look and feel.

I have to fill in my foods on a form for class, it seems odd writing every ingredient down instead of my daily menu but thats how they do it. Will try to keep it up on here too anyway cos I prefer to know what the eggs, pineapple, mushrooms etc were used for!

Last edited:
Todays food..

A. 40g reduced fat cheddar
B. 2 Alpen light bars

Brunch: Cos I didn't eat before group ;) Mushroom and pepper omelette with extra mushrooms and tomato 1tbsn hp sauce

Afternoon: Fruit and muller yoghurt

Dinner: Chili con carne with extra veg. Jp and salad. ff dressing.

Snacks:
Half a pack of cookie crunch 2.5 syns
10 cal jelly 0.5 syns
Hp sauce 1 syn
Skinny cappuccino 2.5 syns

Glad that it went well and that you felt welcomed. Yes, I seem to remember it does go on a bit. I always forgot to fruit to donate for the slimmer of the week prize.

We go racing all over England and Europe. We are at culham, Oxford for first round of British championship next weekend. We go to Holland to watch the first world championship round in a couple of weeks. Nearest track to us is at Rusper, near Horsham.

Glad that it went well and that you felt welcomed. Yes, I seem to remember it does go on a bit. I always forgot to fruit to donate for the slimmer of the week prize.

We go racing all over England and Europe. We are at culham, Oxford for first round of British championship next weekend. We go to Holland to watch the first world championship round in a couple of weeks. Nearest track to us is at Rusper, near Horsham.

Yes I expect I will forget the fruit too! There was a lot of clapping and everyone being told how amazing they were whether they lost, maintained or gained, it sort of lost any meaning after a while, but the ladies were all nice and friendly which is the main thing. I just hope I keep losing!

I do envy you but I guess sometimes it can be a bit tiring too, trying to squeeze so much into the weekends and getting organised for school and work around that. I was only in my 20's when we went every weekend and remember some times we wouldn't be home until the early hours on Monday and I still got to work ok, don't think I could do that now!

Hubby has an Italian film on the telly with subtitles and I have been busy catching up on here and facebook so I have absolutely no idea what's going on in the film! I really can't be bothered to start reading the subtitles now either!

Todays food..

A. 40g reduced fat cheddar
B. 2 Alpen light bars

Breakfast: Fruit and Orange Muller Yoghurt
Lunch: Mushroom omelette and salad

Afternoon: Apple

Dinner: Sea bass, Herby Sauté New Pots and salad, SW syn free tartare sauce (very nice!)
Strawberries on crushed meringues with quark and vanilla topping 2 syns

Syns
Half a pack of cookie crisp 2.5 syns
1 tsp sugar 1 syn
187ml Rose 6.5 syns
Meringues 2 syns
Total 12 syns

Body Magic 2.5 miles

Last edited:
Ooh nearly forgot, I bought some mini ice lollies today, Mini Fabs are only 2.5 syns each!

May have one tomorrow after my walk :)

Ooh nearly forgot, I bought some mini ice lollies today, Mini Fabs are only 2.5 syns each! May have one tomorrow after my walk :)

I found out that solero do mojito Ice creams and they are 3 syns!! I haven't tried them yet but I do buy the tropical ones that are 4.5 syns and they taste amazing!

I found the mojito ones in Tesco when I was down south last week and I was trying to think of a way of getting them 200 miles up the motorway without them defrosting ;-) x

I found out that solero do mojito Ice creams and they are 3 syns!! I haven't tried them yet but I do buy the tropical ones that are 4.5 syns and they taste amazing!

I found the mojito ones in Tesco when I was down south last week and I was trying to think of a way of getting them 200 miles up the motorway without them defrosting ;-) x

Yum, they sound good! I had a mini fruit and frozen yoghurt lolly today from Tesco, also 2.5 syns, really nice for a quick pud :)

Monday 24th March - Posting a bit late!

Tried a red day today, I am not a great fan of rice or pasta although I will eat them but I LOVE my potatoes, I wonder though whether I am simply eating too many :eek: You see the words "free" and "eat as much as you want" and well... you know..... that's what I do!

I didn't really have my extra hex's but I am going to see how I get on with having butternut squash instead of potatoes 2 or 3 times a week. I made bns chips in the airfryer and they weren't too bad really, not crunchy like chips but tasted ok. And I figure that I can add some body magic time for just cutting the flipping things! It's a work out in itself just trying to get a knife through it! :D I made potato chips for hubby 'cos he isn't ready to accept squash yet!

It was also a work day, I spent all day thinking about what to have for dinner as our original plans went a bit haywire! I had cooked a huge Chicken on Sunday evening with the idea that I could use the left overs for a couple of other meals, trouble is I completely forgot to put the chicken in the fridge when it cooled down :doh:

In group they said it was important to plan your meals for the rest of the week, I keep trying but I am absolutely useless at it, also sometimes I simply don't feel like some things, so I am going to buy some beef, chicken, lamb and fish today and wing it for the rest of the week!

Found some new treat size multibags today that contained treat size Aero's at only 50 calories each - A nice bit of chocolate for only 2.5 syns, yum! Of course I had my first one while I was putting the shopping away so I kind of wasted that one :eek:

Healthy Extras
a Alpen Light Bars
b 75g Philadelphia
Breakfast: Fruit (Banana, Melon, Strawberries and Grapes) with Muller Light Yoghurt
Lunch: Plate of salad with wafer thin ham and ff dressing, Muller Yoghurt
Dinner: Chicken stuffed with garlic philadelphia, brushed with egg and sprinkled with half a slice of wholemeal breadcrumbs on top (1.5 syns or part of my second hexb?)
Pud: Tesco fruit and frozen yoghurt mini ice cream 2.5 syns

Syns
Pud 2.5 syns
Half slice of WM Bread 1.5 syns
Treat size curly wurly 3 syns
Treat size choc buttons 4 syns
Treat size Aero 2.5 syns
Total Syns 13.5

What a lovely day of food and treats. As I only lose 1 or 2 lbs a week I am a bit scared to use my syns every day in case I don't even lose a pound as I would be demoralised and fed up and would probably have a binge.

I was scared to go over 5 syns when I started but then I decided that as they have built them in they must be ok! I haven't really lost for the last 4 weeks now because of my holiday but am ok if I only lose a pound a week, at least I know it will stay off and it will be off by the summer at that rate. If I don't lose this week then I will have a rethink! :D

I prefer to have the syns though as it doesn't feel like I am on a diet.....

Put a film on and caught up with the washing and ironing, I have no idea how 2 of us can make so much washing! Planned to cook pepperpot stew then managed to faff about so much that I ended up shopping really late and running out of time to sort dinner before my walk!

Healthy Extras
a Porridge Oats 35g
b 30g Cheddar
Breakfast: Magic Pancakes (Thanks again Lindsey!! :)) with lemon juice and candarel granulated with sluced banana, melon & grapes
Lunch: Plate of salad with spicy chicken strips, new potatoes and a boiled egg, ff dressing
Dinner: Cod brushed with beaten egg and sprinkled with 3 teaspoons breadcrumbs (1.5 syns?) SW chips, peas and sw tartare sauce
Pud: Chopped strawberries, blackberries with crushed mini meringues 3 syns. Quark with vanilla and slenda.

Syns
Pud 3 syns
Breadcrumbs 1.5 syns
Skinny Cappuccino instant 2.5 syns
lighter than light mayo tbsn 0.5 syns

Total Syns 7.5

Body magic 2.5 miles

What is the quark like with sweetener and vanilla? Any better than yoghurt?

I probably wouldn't replace my morning yoghurt with it but its perfect for desserts as it is a bit thicker so makes a good replacement for whipped cream. Hubby loves it but I bet if I told him it was fat free soft cheese he would have turned his nose up at it! :D

I use the Dr Oetker Vanilla essence with seeds it has a good strong sweet flavour.

Hmmmm well... I had a bit of a day off today!

I went out with my friend for her birthday lunch to an all you can eat indian buffet. Her hubby paid for me so I couldn't be rude and suck on a lettuce leaf could I? ;)

I did have a diet coke and had mostly salad to start, then tiny portions of the dishes that looked nice (and they were yummy!) I have no idea how to syn it but safe to say I have gone over but probably not drastically.

Line drawn, new day tomorrow.

I bought myself a steam cleaner after lunch and have been playing with that since I got back, if it wasn't moving it got steamed! :D

Ok! New Day and I don't recognise this woman in my kitchen at 7 am! :D

She got up really early, cooked the salmon fillets that would be going out of date soon, then mixed up the beef mince (less than 5% fat of course) and made 2 burgers with babybels inside and the rest into meatballs. She then washed up and cleaned up the mess. Hubby wandered into the kitchen expecting it to look like a bomb had gone off because of all the noise so the look on his face was priceless, I don't think he recognised her either!! :D

I just woke up thinking about what I was going to cook over the next couple of days and thought I may as well get it prepped while I had time. I put the mince into my processor so that it was more ground than minced to see if it makes much difference, I don't really like lumpy meatballs or burgers and these should be smoother. I mixed in tomato puree, chopped onions, Worcester sauce, herbs, chillies and black pepper which should infuse nicely (I hope anyway!)

Busy day today. Meeting this morning then on to Dads to do his shopping but want to get back in time to get in some extra body magic before dinner to make up for yesterday

Weigh in tomorrow, at group............ gulp :eek:

Back