No more excuses! Back again for 2015

Hi Chrissie. Having a quick catch up as not been on minis much this week with house move stuff. Well done on joining the class - hope you enjoy ;) pics of holiday look lovely. Sounds like you were getting v organised in the kitchen, good luck for WI xx

Hi Chrissie. Having a quick catch up as not been on minis much this week with house move stuff. Well done on joining the class - hope you enjoy ;) pics of holiday look lovely. Sounds like you were getting v organised in the kitchen, good luck for WI xx

Thanks Sharon! You have a pretty good excuse for not being on minis much lately! Have a lovely weekend! :) x

Sent from my smarter than me phone MiniMins.com App

Burgers sound great. Let me know what they are like when you get round to eating them. I am sure you will be ok tomorrow Chrissie. Fingers are crossed for you anyway.

Well so much for being organised! Meeting turned into loads of work so I didn't get time for lunch or to see my Dad, luckily he was ok about me postponing until tomorrow.

I was starving by the time I got home (and a bit buzzy 'cos I drank so much coffee today) but the good thing was I hadn't had my hexb so I had a roll wirh my cheesy burger.

And even though I say it myself the burgers were lovely!! The finer ground beef made them much nicer, I cooked them on the George Foreman and the only needed 5 mins max. Yum!!

Fingers crossed that those fickle scales are on my side tomorrow

Just remembered why I don't eat oranges... Just had a wander round the local farm shop and saw this huge orangey looking juicy orange and had to buy one...

1. Peeling is messy
2. It might have looked big and juicy on the outside but the skin on each segment was really dry and chewy :(
3. It took forever to peel all that chewy skin off
4. I need another shower :D

What I was left with did taste nice but I am not doing that again!

Also just realised that I am going to have to go to the Thursday night meeting to get weighed as I need to take Dad to a hospital appointment on Friday morning. I always weigh more in the evening so I am heading for a definite gain this week! :( Oh well maybe the next one will look better!

Last edited:
Ha ha!!! I agree! I do like oranges but out of all the front you can buy, I never by them and that's because of all the reasons you've listed!! x

I have been a good girl over the weekend, just not been typing out my menus as I have to write everything down for group...

I also managed to do 8 miles of walking yesterday and another 5 miles today.

Work tomorrow and I have even made up my lunch box, Lets hope I actually remember to take it with me :D

Hope everyone has had a fab weekend :)

Very, very organised Chrissie. Loads of walking too, I am impressed. Should be a good week for you.

Thanks Lindsey, I do enjoy walking (which is handy!) specially when the sun is shining.

I am a bit worried about the weigh in this week, it will definitely show a gain as I will be weighing in the evening and I usually weigh about 4lb more in the evenings! Gulp!! I will have to wait 2 weeks to find out if I have actually lost anything.... oh well, at least I will expect it.

What a shame you have to weigh in later. Seems unfair as it isn't comparable.

The only other option is to miss the week out altogether. I didn't think about these problems when I joined group. At least I could always weigh myself on the same day at home. Dad comes first though and I really can't get weighed and get him to his appointment on time even if I was first in the queue. .... might text the consultant tomorrow to see what she says

The only other option is to miss the week out altogether. I didn't think about these problems when I joined group. At least I could always weigh myself on the same day at home. Dad comes first though and I really can't get weighed and get him to his appointment on time even if I was first in the queue. .... might text the consultant tomorrow to see what she says

Is there any chance your consultant will let you nip in early? I know mine is always there early to set up so if people have to nip to work etc she's more than happy to let them come early to get on the scales x

Is there any chance your consultant will let you nip in early? I know mine is always there early to set up so if people have to nip to work etc she's more than happy to let them come early to get on the scales x

Trouble is it would have to be too early as I have to collect Dad to take him to hospital... Of course they wouldn't want me to book it as a holiday either as I would get another week in its place... oh well never mind. Stupid thing is I moved his appointment once already so that I didn't have to take a day off work! :doh:

I will chalk this one up to experience :)

I don't care what the scales say this week!!! I got some size 12 jeans today! woop woop :)

I haven't worn jeans since I started SW and my size 14's were extremely tight and looked awful I should have been wearing size 16 really. I have bought some size 12 jeggings so far but they stretch so I was very chuffed when these jeans fitted comfortably.

Off up to London tomorrow night to watch my friends son's band, it will probably mean eating and drinking while we are there but I will just have to be careful, I plan on doing some extra body magic tomorrow to help a bit.....

Gonna wear my new jeans!! :)

I hope to fit into size 12 bottoms soon. Well done Chrissie, it's not all about what the scales say, how you feel is just as important. Bet you are feeling fab. Have you taken them off yet? Lol.

I wasn't sure but I thought that my legs looked a bit thinner today so when I spotted a pair of jeans that looked nice I couldn't resist trying them on... I took 14's in with me too but they were mahoosive :D ......I still have them on, it's been a long time since I could sit in jeans without being cut in half!!

You will be there before you know it!

Back