No more excuses! Back again for 2015

Pants! Just remembered that we had been warned about the electicity upgrade in our area so have no power until this evening.
Trouble is I remembered after it went off! :doh:
Surprising how many things I want to plug in now! :D I hope it's back bafore I go out tonight so that I can do my hair..

Well I can't do any work today (yay!) so may as well go for a walk (if I can breathe outdoors, I must say the news on my battery operated radio makes it all sound really doom and gloom out there!)

Covered the freezer with a duvet, boiled a saucepan for coffee (takes me back to my childhood - not that I drank coffee then!) and had a big bowl of muller topped fruit. Hubby getting a takeaway tonight so I haven't got to cook today anyway....it all works out in the end! :)

Had a great day yesterday, decided to go shopping as I wanted to buy some new trainers. I ended up buying a new Ceramic frying pan, 2 new tops, a denim jacket (get me, being all trendy! :D) and a pair of trainers!

The power was back on when I got back too. Got into London early and went to a great restaurant before going to see the band and although I did go over my syns on wine (3 very large glasses) and Jack Daniels (2 but pretty sure one was a double) I ate well, I ordered a salad nicoise and asked for the dressing on the side, I didn't eat the olives so I think the only thing with a syn value was the anchovies and a tiny morsel of bread that I dipped in the dressing (Well I had to try it didn't I?)

The band were brilliant! Got home at 12.30 and despite crashing around like a fairy elephant I didn't wake hubby :D

I do have a bit of a sore head today.....not quite sure why...... :eek:

Result!!!! I was so convinced that I would weigh more because I was being weighed in the evening and I showed a 2lb loss! ! Yay and double yay! :D

Hangover has gone too :)

Woohoo, that's brilliant. I always weigh more at night. Hope your dad was ok today.

Yeah Dad is fine, he was supposed to be having a load of appointments to find out if he is healthy enough to have a knee operation but he just phoned and said he doesn't want to go through with it now! Thing is I can't really blame him, he is 85 and his knee should really have been done about 10 years ago, he probably wouldn't do his physio or exercise a new knee properly now and I would hate for him to be worse off than he is now....

So I could have gone to weigh in tomorrow morning after all! Still, I liked tonights result so I shan't complain :D

Hey Chrissie. Well done on your weight loss. Can't blame your Dad for giving the knee op a miss at 85 bless him. I can remember power cuts in my youth too ;)

Hey Lindsey! Sorry :eek: I have been up to my eyes in it since Thursday, I stupidly said yes to helping someone out with some admin work and I wish I had said no now! I have popped in here a couple of times to see what's going on but haven't really had time to post... I am covering at my other job this week so am having to do the "help" work in the evenings :doh:

I am still being good with my food and I have just realised that I haven't had any syns at all today so am just about to pour myself a glass of wine! :)

I have another week to go of filling in the sheet for the group then I am away for a week in Corfu so I will be filling in my diary again properly after that, when I am sure I will be having to lose some Greek food and drink weight! :D Although I do plan to keep up with my walking while I am there.

How's your time off going? When do you go to Cadbury World? mmmmm chocolate as Homer would say :)

hmm.. maybe I could have a curly wurly with my wine?

Sounds like you are rushed off your feet. Sorry if all my chocolate talk has made you eat choccy. You have another holiday coming up? Lucky you. You are doing really well though. I have plateaued so relaxing things a little, then back on it properly when back to work.

Don't be sorry! I needed to give myself a break and it was soooo yummy :)
I think last week may have been a fluke I still think I am sticking around the same weight. It doesn't feel like it's changing if you know what I mean... I am also going to relax on holiday. I know I can do it now so will go back to it when I get back :)

We don't normally have this many holidays. Not complaining though! :D

Off to weigh in shortly...not sure what to expect but I have been good all week.

Didn't get to do my walk last night as I had so much to do and the traffic was pants! It took an hour to do a 3 mile journey! I should have walked to work :D

I am walking to my meeting to make up for it a bit as its a mile away.

I am expecting a maintain because that's what it feels like BUT even though I haven't measured I know I have lost some inches aa more people have commented on the change and I tried my work trousers on.... Last November they were straining at the zip, in fact I used a safety pin to be safe! This week I look like I have my husbands clothes on by mistake :D They have gone in the bin! Yay!

So I know all is good whether the scales agree or not :)

Will report back later.....

Thanks Sharon, We leave in a couple of days... Feeling pretty rubbish today though, we had to have our cat put down last night :( She was nearly 17 so I can't remember her not being around in this house... It was for the best, she was very poorly but I went off the rails a bit last night as a result.. Ate loads of rubbish and drank too much wine, if someone had handed me a cigarette I reckon I would have started smoking again too.
Don't feel much like eating at all today so trying to keep busy cleaning and packing but I keep finding her toys :(

Last edited:
Back