Total Solution No more excuses - Prosecco's journey

Well done on making it through a tough day!! :D Goodness knows I turn to food as soon as things go wrong which just makes everything worse!! You'll be strutting your stuff in that size 10 suit soon enough :) x

So Day 10, I can't believe I have made it this far! Although I nearly buckled about 30 mins ago and made some toast however I put it back and said No out loud to myself and prepared my shake. I was a stingey Yorkshire lass and bought the bumper packs of exante which worked out better value if you bought all of one flavour so I am living off vanilla and banana. I have tried adding coffee to the vanilla one but it just tastes a bit weird really. Im thinking of going for Strawberry and Chocolate next I think. I keep craving salmon and also fried eggs (done with frylight of course ha ha) so they are top on my list when I start eating again.

I was wondering if the Coke Zero and Dr Pepper Zero make anyone more hungry and start craving things because I suspect that this is happening to me - anyone experienced it?

In addition to my shakes I am trying to do 30 mins exercise on Wii fit and I have managed this nearly every day. I love the yoga on there and can feel a difference already and suprising love the step aerobics - which is really slow but fun. Next week I am starting my couch to 5k running program arghh!

Reasons to loose weight today are: the tops of my arms - I think I need say no more! I would like to wear strappy tops without a freaking cardigan. I wear a completely unreasonable number of cardigans and when I am a slimbo I am not going to live in them anymore - they are like comfort blankets hiding everything ha ha! When I have come off the shakes and lost weight it will be nice to feed my little boy without drooling over him like some crazed zombie, I seem to eat every mouth full with him and find myself crewing away to my imaginary portion. Oh big one - being able to eat out and not think everyone is secretly thinking she looks like shes already had enough for all of us. Being a comfortable size 5 shoe again, no matter how much I have tried to deny this I know im a size 6 because of my weight. I have nothing against people with a size 6 shoe by the way its just I know Im not really supposed to be one. Finally not saying umphhh like a constipated rhino when I get up from the floor or from a low sofa.

I think thats enough for today, day bloomin 10!!! Woop Woop. Come on everyone you can do it!

Hi,

Aw I love your diary!! It makes me smile and is SO positive. I just sat and laughed out loud at some of the reasons to lose weight.

Keep up the excellent work, WOW day 10 your doing so well and started with an amazing weight loss. You go girl!

That's so true about the shoes thing. I have had to buy insoles in my shoes because they have also gone half a size smaller and I thought I had a problem with my feet because it was like walking on pebbles but it is just the bones are not so well cushioned!! ;)

Well done Prosecco, sounds like you really are determined to succeed and that you have the willpower, which is the hardest thing to control!! Tasha x

Hi well its Day 12 yey and Im feeling good, weighed myself this morning and Im 13 lb lighter than my highest weight on 28th Dec Im so happy I've stuck to it so far and feel great. Yesterday I allowed myself a treat and had a piece of salmon and an egg scrambled with just pepper in replacement of my teatime shake, I really enjoyed it and I feel like I have satisfied my cravings now. I also had multivits and have no intention of making a habit of this. It hasnt affected my weight loss because I was a lb lower today than yesterday and I've had my shake this morning and Im back on the wagon. Bought pre-owned Zumba fitness for the Wii from GAME yesterday and it only cost me £12 (bargain!) so Im going to try some in the next week.

Reasons to loose weight today are double chin, cankels and bingo wings! Having to buy new jeans because Im sick of wearing holes in them where my thighs rub together. Having to wear thick heels on my shoes all the time because there is no way a thin stilleto type heel is going to survive, never mind me being able to tightrope walk on them without breaking my cankles! Being able to wear a large size in sports wear such as Nike/Adidas for when I start training, large and XL are for like size 14-16s which seem pretty medium to me. Never having to have an annoying size 18 hanger in my wardrobe again!!!! Oh and trying to hide the size label from my hubby when we are shopping together despite the fact he knows what my size is!!

Thats it for now. Hope all you lovely minimims are doing well and staying focused, thanks for all those who have commented xx

Prosecco said:
Hi well its Day 12 yey and Im feeling good, weighed myself this morning and Im 13 lb lighter than my highest weight on 28th Dec Im so happy I've stuck to it so far and feel great. Yesterday I allowed myself a treat and had a piece of salmon and an egg scrambled with just pepper in replacement of my teatime shake, I really enjoyed it and I feel like I have satisfied my cravings now. I also had multivits and have no intention of making a habit of this. It hasnt affected my weight loss because I was a lb lower today than yesterday and I've had my shake this morning and Im back on the wagon. Bought pre-owned Zumba fitness for the Wii from GAME yesterday and it only cost me £12 (bargain!) so Im going to try some in the next week.

Reasons to loose weight today are double chin, cankels and bingo wings! Having to buy new jeans because Im sick of wearing holes in them where my thighs rub together. Having to wear thick heels on my shoes all the time because there is no way a thin stilleto type heel is going to survive, never mind me being able to tightrope walk on them without breaking my cankles! Being able to wear a large size in sports wear such as Nike/Adidas for when I start training, large and XL are for like size 14-16s which seem pretty medium to me. Never having to have an annoying size 18 hanger in my wardrobe again!!!! Oh and trying to hide the size label from my hubby when we are shopping together despite the fact he knows what my size is!!

Thats it for now. Hope all you lovely minimims are doing well and staying focused, thanks for all those who have commented xx

That's a fab loss Prosecco well done x keep it up x

Day 14 and still going, I have eaten a bit of chicken and a bit of salmon to keep me from quitting as I have found it quite tough the last few days but other than that have been ok. I think returning back to work and having loads of stress there really threw me and I was struggling to keep upbeat and in general my confidence was knocked. However yesterday at work I had it out with my boss and sorting things out and feel much better as I wasnt sleeping and this wasnt helping my energy levels either. So I am really proud of myself for coming so far and Im determined to keep going. Im a bit disappointed that I dont feel more energetic as I remember from my last VLCD years ago feeling really bubby, I keep drinking lots of water but I really wanted to start my couch to 5k running program this week and just dont feel up to it. I've also not managed to muster up the energy to try my zumba on the wii yet. The thing thats keeping me going is thinking about my goals which I have set out for the next 18 months. I have no choice I need to do this!!! Come on girl dig deep!!!

Anyway todays reasons to loose weight: I want to wear fitted summer shorts instead of wearing stretchy tracksuit bottom material ones from Evans which are minging but the only ones that have fit that last couple of years! I want to be able to wear trousers/shorts without a belly bulge showing which means I have to wear a long top to hide it. I want to be able to wear a skirt without having to wear cycling short style knickers on holiday because otherwise my thighs rub together and get sore. I would love to buy pretty underwear in any shop and get a bra where the cups dont look like my head can fit in them. It would be nice to reveal my insulated checkbones for the first time in years. The last couple of times Ive got on a plane Ive been so uncomfortably wedged in my seat and had to wear my belt on the loosest setting, this year will be different!

Thats all for now, keep it up everyone - this year is ours!

Day 17 and I last weighed yesterday and Ive lost 16 lbs Im really happy. I have been eating some protein on an evening such as a steak and egg or a piece of salmon to keep in ketosis but I was really struggling with feeling drained. I have been doing this since last sat (6 days) and im defo loosing weight still but I feel far more satisfied. If it works for me Im happy, I did think Im cheating but then I thought hang on if this works for me then its the right thing to do and its not harming my weight loss. As long as it keeps coming off Im happy. As a result Ive got more energy and have been doing lots more on the wii I have also done some power walking to get me prepped for running again.

Anyhoo todays reasons to loose weight, being able to wear smaller ring sizes, trousers not fraying at the bum after being worn to death - because they are the only pair that fit for work! Being out of breath and almost crying when I see stairs and I am walking with someone, especially when they talk to me and I pretend that I can still breathe and try to respond to them. blah! getting some professional photos done with my hubby and in my wedding dress that I havent fit into since I got married 8 years ago. Being able to run outside like a gazelle instead of an escapee elephant with a neon top on.

Thats all for now expect one major thing - I wore the grey trousers yesterday for work. Yes those infamous bargain designer trousers that have been in my cupboard since the previous years January sales and I have never been able to fit into - get in!! (quite literally ha ha)

Keep going minimims - you can do it. This year is still ours!!!

Hi its Day 23 and Im feeling good, I have jumped on and off the scales and each time Im not happy with the number as it has been going up a 1lb each time, I have been eating a bit of lean meat or fish and sometimes not having the 3rd shake cos Im full. I have been having multivits to compensate just in case but Im defo having no more than 6-800 calories still a day anyhoo have been bunged up which may account for some of it, going to weigh in Sat and see what happens. Its frustrating because I know I have lost weight I can feel and see it and tight tops have started becoming roomy so I just need to be patient, I realised I wasnt having enough water for a couple of days so have been drinking loads since.

I have still been doing stuff on the wii fit but tonight I dusted off my enell sports bra and jumped on the treadmill and I am so pleased with myself. Having not really run for 3 years I managed to fast walk with a few mini runs for a minute or so for 40 minutes. I have been watching Biggest Looser UK, I used to be Fat on MTV which is FAB and Fat Fighters for inspiration so I really feel motivated to push myself.

Reasons to loose weight today - Being able to sleep on my back - its suffocating and/or my front - its like trying to sleep on two beachballs. Looking gorgeous when I sleep like in the movies, I look more like a passed out budda than Scarlett Johanson or someone like that. Hum..might be a step too far! Not wearing granny knickers, when I was younger a had a lovely collection of skimpy undies, my current ones take up loads of space! So the sake of having more space I should definitely loose weight too! Never having to buy a size 20 winter coat again because nothing else will cover my boobs. Being able to actually close a work jacket for the same reason as before. Being able to wear a belt without my belly groove eating it. Finally for my husband to refer to my belly as lovely, flat and smooth currently he calls it his Dyson hand-dryer because my top belly (processing plant) sticks out and so does my bottom belly (storage facility) with a groove in the middle.

Anyhoo thats it for now, just been reading about some fantastic weight losses from you minis - well done everyone.

This Year is OURS!

So Im still going, its been 5 weeks tomorrow and I feel great, this is the lowest I have weighed in about 3 years. I have lost 20 lbs and my size 18 work trousers are baggy and due to start looking ridiculous soon - I can't wait! My bellies have reduced loads, my hubby said yesterday the dyson hand dryer (my middle) is disappearing so thats a good sign. My knees look a bit slimmer but my thighs and hips still look like Im a snake whos swolled a box but it wont be long until they catch up Im sure. The main thing is I havent spent the last 5 weeks beating myself up because Im not doing anything about my weight which means surely that my mind is healthier, if you know what I mean. I've not been exercising because for the last two weeks Ive been fighting a cold, everyone has been ill in the house so its been a bit of a fog however hopefully Im getting a bit better now, its been a weird fluey bug that keeps coming and going.

So reasons to loose weight today 1) obviously not looking like a fat snake who has swolled a box for a start 2) being able to eat my food alone and not be that frenzied and guilty feeling fat person who attacks anyone elses left overs ha ha - seriously its not my plate of food leave it alone belly! 3) not having to wear a towel/kaftan everytime I go anywhere on a beach (i.e to get corneto) - and then 2 minutes later have to use said towel/kaftan as barrier between legs because they are rubbing together 4) Im not that bothered but it would be nice to have the option of being able to see my bikini line without having to strategically move my storage facility belly whilst looking in the mirror - actually reading that back - how gross - why did I ever do this to myself, surely there is an off button somewhere inside that should make us stop eating so much that we get ourselves into this state!

That's all for now, this year is ours Minimims, we shouldnt let anyone get in our way, especially that greedy monster inside that says just one more!!! I can be the sickness in my life or the cure!!!!!!

S 4) Im not that bothered but it would be nice to have the option of being able to see my bikini line without having to strategically move my storage facility belly whilst looking in the mirror - actually reading that back - how gross - why did I ever do this to myself, surely there is an off button somewhere inside that should make us stop eating so much that we get ourselves into this state!

Hi, sounds like your getting on great!! Well done for sticking to it. I am also on week four and starting to see and feel the benefits! I had to laugh at your comment aobve, this was one thing I used to hate, doing my bikini line and having to pull back a huge belly!! Today I noticed I can see that area with only having to breath in!! So bonus!!

Also you gave me a lightbulb moment, my husband says I am so much happier and I really think its down the the fact Im doing something about my weight like you said not beating myself up every day for eating crap and getting fatter.

Anyway Love your diary it never fails to make me smile!! Thanksx

Hi Prosecco,
Just joined here recently and read your diary for the first time tonight- it's great and thanks for sharing all those insightful reasons to lose weight......you certainly have a way with words.
I love your attitude and many congratulations to you for doing so well:D
O

Love your diary it's an inspiration, I also agree with the belly status! Lol been there done it, can't wait to have a smaller stomach and much smaller thighs!!

You are doing great keep up the good work.
Gill
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ok so im back again, have been lurking for a week or so and thought i would pick up my old diary. So im on day 4 of exante and im in ketosis cos my breath is like a gone off vegatable breathing dragon - can breath spray in excess pull you out of ketosis? Last time i was doing exante i lost about 30ish lbs got done to 14st lowest in years but started getting heartburn - started makin excuses - and then you can guess the rest....had some horrible news, ate like a thousand kids in a sweetshop and my waist went boom! So i havent weighed myself properly just on my complety inaccurate scales - not sure why - dont want to face the truth? I just want to feel better. I know im about a stone less than my heaviest which is a positive cos i usually add on after every diet. This time im not going to see this as a prison sentence where i wait to spring out and eat everything in sight its my choice. I choose to drink a few galloons of water a day, go to the loo every 5 mins so everyone at work must think ive got an infection ha ha I choose to stick to it today and i will damn well try tomorrow. Good luck minimins as always your all a huge inspiration.

Welcome back. I'm sure you'll manage to do well. You already have before so know how to do it :welcome2:

6 days completed and still at it, have had to do a bit of juggling this week to stay on track so have had a couple of carb free meals, before starting this i nearly delayed it for a week so i could get through some events, had a word with myself and worked out a bit of a strategy and this is what i have faced and defeated this week:

Day 1 - fine at home
Day 2 - big work meeting with lunch provided! Huge platter with chips sticky sausages and mayo laden sandwiches - told everyone wasnt feeling well sat with everything in front of me drooling for about an hour was torture! So proud i got through it although felt bad when everyone said hope you feel better soon eek
Day 3 &4 - find
Day 5 - went away to hotel for night, when out for day forgot to pack shakes had wobbly meltdown as was ready for shake ended up paying £4 for tiny bit of roast pork in tray from hot roast sandwich shop then had mixed grill for tea few bits of lettuce no chips no peas etc was really proud. Must have looked like a caveman scoffing it ha ha.
Day 6 - cooked breakfast aka bacon and boiled eggs with black coffee

So well chuffed if i can get through that i can get through anything - metaphorically speaking as belly and bum still huge.

Reason to stick at it - banishing the double chin, feeling gorg in swimsuit, thin arms oh how i wish - no more cardis it looks like my wardrobe has had a knitting grannies infestation.

Anyhoo just weighed on completely unreliable scales and lost 7lbs ish in 6 days woop! This is the year!!!!

Day 10 feeling good had to have a fee nibbles on chicken etc to help me through but ive lost about 9 lbs so far really happy with that. Head is in good place decided i like the vlcds cos they give me quick results and i find my weight to loose to much to bear and get my head around. If i stick at this for a couple of months and we do book a hol in aug i will be the lowest on holiday for years today that seems exciting and achievable hopeful i will keep feeling like that. Have bought some of the exante juice powder, its ok not great think i need to play with the quantities and might make some ice lollies to slurp on. Work tough yesterday but got through it, worried about stressful day to come in a couple of weeks, really dont want to crack. Will just keep going for the mo and staying positive.

Just keep that holiay in mind and you'll have the incentive to stay on track!

Back