No more yo yo dieting!

Hi Susie, sorry to hear you're upset about your diary being moved but we're quite a friendly lot over here on S&S. We won't mind you talking about LT either if you want to, in fact we have a few people here who have done LT and other VLCDs in the past (me being one of them). We're quite relaxed here about how people choose to follow S&S too. Each of us has our own 'way' of following the diet, and has found a way that suits us personally. Anyway, if you do decide to stick around here you'll be given a warm welcome :welcome2:

Hi Susie, lovely to have you with us! As BG said we are a friendly group, I've only been doing S and S for 2 weeks but everyone here is so supportive and I feel I have made real friends already. from what I can gather your friends from the LT group can still read your diary and chat with you even if it is now with us. I hope you love the choice S and S offers and I hope you decide to stay with us :-D

Bordersgirl and curvykirst, hello and thank you!

Hope I didn't sound like I was in a huff at being on the s&s forum! I had a nosy around before getting my samples and you all seem lovely. I had just wanted to stay somewhere familiar at first while I was struggling to get back onto food replacement! And if I sounded a bit irrational yesterday I was on day 2 TFR and TOTM at the same time - not a recipe for sanity lol!

I'm thinking of doing a mish mash of diets at first while I still have plenty of LT shakes. I'm planning to have those during the day and have the as meals for dinner

Hi Susie its lovely to hear from you. I think that's a very good idea to mix and match whilst you still have some shakes left. I hope you will enjoy the SS meals as much as I do. I have them with the veggies so I don't really feel like I'm missing out on anything. I love milkshakes but I like the feeling of chewing something! :-D

Hi Susie, isn't it just amazing how TOTM always hits when we're trying to get into ketosis. Mine starts without fail on day 2 when I find it the hardest and TOTM always makes me super hungry and gives me the munchies anyway so it makes things really difficult. I read somewhere that oestogen is stored in fat and as you start losing it can start TOTM. Not sure if that's true or not but it's always something that I have to contend with after a break.

I did LT for 4 months quite a few years ago and could only stomach the chocolate shakes. I managed to lose 5 stone in 4 months and that meant I had 336 chocolate shakes! :eek: Actually it was probably less than that as I hated the shakes so much I skipped quite a few of them so ended up only having 1 or 2 sometimes which is bad I know! I caved after 4 months but still managed to refeed pretty carefully and lost the other 2 stone I had to lose by following a low calorie diet. Managed to put on most of the weight again in the intervening years although I did maintain quite well for a couple of years. So here I am back losing it again and getting ready for a better shot at maintenance when I get to goal. I'm really glad I found S&S as it has enough options that I like, I never skip a pack as there is always something I fancy so I get all of the proper nutrition that I wasn't always getting when I skipped packs when doing LT, and I like including the veg option.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the S&S packs and find some flavours you like enough to incorporate into your VLCD routine.

Thank you both! On a mix of LT and ultraslim bars until I can get s&s order. Really looking forward to savoury dinners :D

Just found your diary Susie and wanted to add a big WELCOME too! You are more than welcome to join our thread. There are some amazing people, all big losers (hahaha!) and you can be another big loser too!!!!! Can't emphasise enough how much this thread has helped me with every aspect of this journey. S & S is brilliant but as others have said, we've all dabbled with other products, it's a flexible easy going bunch of people here and it's great to have you join us! Feel welcome and keep up your diary, we're all rooting for you! xx

welcome to s and s Susie , youve been doing great

we dont mind at all if you mention LT

when I started , i still had some Weight to go shakes and I was mixing them up , Im not saying its ok or nutritionally sound but its what i did

you will find loads of support here and we talk about food ,I mean I consider the meals food anyway

sorry you were upset , but we are really lovely honest and im sure your LT friends will still post on your diary and keep up with your progress

good luck x

Welcome Susie, you'll like it over here! Good luck with S&S, everybody seems to like it and do really well on it and I'm sure youll do the same :)

GOOOAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

4 inches of snow outside but I feel like running around the garden in my PJs yelling.

So I'm waking all my Minimins friends up to come out and skip in cyber-snow with me

Come on girls!
Denise xxx

Hi Susie and welcome to S&S

I am only in my first week of S&S and have already fallen off the wagon but I am climbing back on tomorrow. I used to do LT too but found lack of variety not sustainable so I am looking forward to the variety here at S&S. You will find everyone over here very helpful, be it with a S&S query or just a life in general query. Also good to come if you are wanting a moan or having a wobble. No one judges you and certainly does not mind if you mention food or any other source of VLCD. Look forward to reading more of your posts.

No snow up here in Scotland, nice sunny morning albeit a bit frosty. Send some of your snow up our way please

Back