No more yo yo dieting!

Really struggling today - guy in work is eating chippy pizza and chips! The smell is utter torture lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I found those Olbas Oil tissues very useful for distracting me from yummy smells! Spent quite a lot of time with my nose buried in one in the early days.

Grit your teeth hun...it does get easier!

xx

Sound like a plan Denise!

Ha ha my choice would be cheese rather than curry sauce. Don't know what's wrong with me today, on Friday I ate a horrible Atkins bar while my hubby had a mcdonalds and I was fine but today I actually want to kill the guy at work lol

It's totm for me so i think that is the reason for my temptation ... don't be killing anyone lol, the smell will soon go :) x

The smell is going but I now want to kill the girl that sits beside me!
Someone came round offering cupcakes, which having no smell I resisted no problem. I have told people round me in work I'm on Atkins to avoid lectures and I've been on it before so thought would be ok this time
BUT the last times I've been in Atkins it's been a week or 2 for quick fix and never lost more than 7-10lbs.
When I told the girl I sit next to I had 3.5 stone to lose and was going to do low carb properly this time I got the usual oh that's not healthy and quick fixes never work. I took the time to explain that I had spoken to my doctor (I went for a check up before I started LT and doctor said it was more important to be a healthy weight and while she would prefer me to lose the weight slowly and sensibly but that I had to do what worked for me)
I thought that was the issue dealt with but when I refused the cake today she said "how long are you going to keep this up" I gritted my teeth and replied until I've lost enough weight. Her response? "you're not fat" "it's coming off too quickly" " surely it would be better to lose it slowly and sensibly". I plastered a smile on my face and said "maybe it would be but I have to accept my own limitations and I KNOW I can't stick to a calorie controlled diet for as long as it would take to get the weight off and it's not healthy to be 3.5 stone overweight". U actually had to get up and walk away when she said "but it will just pile back on when you start eating normally again"
Clearly I didn't eat "normally" in the 1st place or I wouldn't need to diet
I am soooo angry! She is a size 8 who goes to the gym at least every day come rain hail or shine, sick or healthy. She used to have an eating disorder and controls through exercise now instead if food. I actually class her as a friend and would never comment on what I think is an unhealthy gym obsession because it's how she deals with her demons but who the he'll is she to tell me whats right or wrong for ME and MY body

Rant over, sorry for length but had to get that off my chest, I'm so angry I'm nearly in tears

Oh :( don't let her get to you hun, i know its hard but she isn't worth getting angry or upset at.

You know why you started this journey and why it was the best for you. You know it works and you know its not bad for you so you know you'll finish with or without her comments.

I find her as very ignorant especially considering as you say she has had an eating disorder and obviously still has issues to with food and exercise ... you think she'd know and understand a weight issue, even if it is the opposite. I would say have a go at her unhealthy gym obsession but that's not you and it certainly isn't what us LT'ers are about, we support all people with food and weight issues, regardless of what end of the scale she is at.

Maybe you should sit her down and tell her the truth, she is a friend so hopefully that'll make easier .. sometimes if people know they make more of effort to support .. and if she doesn't then i wouldn't say she was a very good friend.

Big hugs and keep up your hard work as your doing amazing and are amazing :) xx

Aww thanks Katie, that's really cheered me up, you're pretty amazing yourself :)
What annoyed me was that I had sat her down as a friend and told her that I was struggling with my weight, that I wasn't happy, that my doctor told me I was obese and that I wasn't doing my fertility any good
I think in her own misguided way her comments are out of concern and she's had years of doctors ands nutritionists drumming healthy eating into her so thinks "fad" diets are dangerous
I dont expect her to agree with me and she's entitled to her opinion but I just want her to respect my decision and my choices.
It's my body, my diet and my health and the only person I would seriously listen to is my hubby and he's 100% behind me as he can see how happy it's making me to finally be taking control

Don't get upset hun she is speaking from the other side of the fence... She just had a different eating disorder so she won't fully understand... You are dealing with your issues in the best way for you and your body, when all said and done its none of her business I know she's a friend but she should have more understanding xxx

Thanks Peachy! I'm so glad I've got you guys to vent to or i might end up slim but completely lose my mind in the process :)

susieg77 said:
Thanks Peachy! I'm so glad I've got you guys to vent to or i might end up slim but completely lose my mind in the process :)

Haha I know how you feel Hun... A good vent is definitely needed sometimes ... And sometimes what seems like a drastic approach is all that works ... I know it was for me I had lost a lot of weight slowly through exercise and healthy eating but then just seemed to stop losing ... My focus had gone and I needed something to kick start it again and this worked!!! I actually quite enjoy it as mad as that sounds... Not that I'm not looking forward to a change during refeed haha! But my point is that everyone is different and it seems to me that your friend has just replaced her obsession with eating with being an obsessed gym bunny! If that works for her great! All credit to the girl for commitment to a cause... But it ain't for everyone xx

Susie that is not on about your friend in work! The next time she has an opinion on your diet you should say to her that you appreciate her comments but that the diet is hard enough to stick to without having negative comments about it! Try say it nicely :) Anyone that has given negative comments about the diet (you will just put it all back on) Ive just replied its like any other diet if you go back to eating more than you should then of coarse you will put on and I have to say that has shut them up because they couldn't argue with it and it brought a smile to my face :) x

My hubby says she's just worried cos I'm better looking and she's skinnier but if I lose loads of weight then I'll be better looking and slim lol
He says the nicest (biased!) things sometimes

susieg77 said:
My hubby says she's just worried cos I'm better looking and she's skinnier but if I lose loads of weight then I'll be better looking and slim lol
He says the nicest (biased!) things sometimes

Haha he's probably right though!! People are always jealous of the pretty ones!! Xxx

She's not ugly though and I'm hardly gods gift but I suppose it's his job to find me more attractive lol

susieg77 said:
She's not ugly though and I'm hardly gods gift but I suppose it's his job to find me more attractive lol

Haha of course it is... Pretty or not she ain't going to sabotage you!! If she tries throw something at her.... Like a banana! There is no comeback from that! Haha! X

You just made me laugh out loud in the middle of a train - I'm getting some very strange looks :)

susieg77 said:
You just made me laugh out loud in the middle of a train - I'm getting some very strange looks :)

Haha I was laughing on the train as I was writing it... I'd love the opportunity to lob a banana at someone ... Oh I'm not a full shilling am I haha! Xx

Or what about one of them peanut flabjacks that would defo knock someone out :) x

Mega pissed off this morning! I always have a sneaky mid week WI on a wednesday to keep me going. Been 100% and drinking about 3 litres of water and I've GAINED a pound. WTF?!?!?!

Susie is TOTM due :( as I always retain water at that time x x x

Back