No more yo yo dieting!

susieg77

Thought it would be good to jump on board and start a diary rather than an individual thread any time something new occurs to me!
My name is Susie and I'm 34 years old and have been on various diets since I was 20 :-(
It's been about 7 years since I last lost a decent amount of weight and kept it off -I lost 3 stone in 6 months and kept it off for about a year and a half.
I then met my other half and gradually the weight crept up with eating out and cosying up in the couch with takeaways
By 2 and half years ago I was up from a large size 12 to an 18.
Then we got engaged and I was determined to lose the weight. I lost a stone on Atkins and got down to a small 16 but I just couldn't keep it up and gained it all back. Between then and our wedding 6 months ago I tried everything from Atkins to weightwatchers to the cabbage soup diet. Each time I would lose between half a stone and 10lbs then stall and lose all motivation.
I bought my wedding dress in a size 14 telling myself I had plenty of time but found myself a month before the wedding still too big for my dress. I lost a stone and a half in month through Atkins and various god awful crash diets and with a little extra added to the modesty panel under the lace up back I got into my dress.
I felt amazing on the day and a lot of the pics are from good angles and look great - in built corsets are a wonderful thing lol. Some of the pics from other angles and especially from the back don't look so good but hey I just didn't put them in the album :)
Unfortunately the crashing that I did meant that by time I got back from my honeymoon I was already nearly a stone heavier and with all incentive from the wedding to diet gone I continued over the months to gain weight
I convinced myself that it wasn't that bad even though all my clothes were tight but couldn't deny it any further when I ordered a size 18 French connection dress for my Xmas party and it's too small
Add that to niggling suspicion in the back of my mind that my weight is stopping us getting pregnant and there was no denying it was finally time to do something about this once and for all!
After googling weight loss I came across this wonderful forum and read so many truly inspiring posts and decided I was going to start using lipotrim
Had my first consultation in Saturday morning and weighed in at 190 lbs - the heaviest I have ever been and a target loss of 3 1/2 stone - eeekkkk!
I'm on day 4 now and it has been far from easy but you guys have totally kept me going and given me great advice and support
I couldn't resist home weighing and have lost 6lbs in 3 days which is totally spurring me on. Keeping my fingers crossed for half a stone for my official 1st weigh in on Saturday and can't wait to get into my new dress

So thanks everyone and best of luck with your own journeys

Sorry for the length of this but it's been very therapeutic lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
hey hun, well done for starting and getting through your first 4 days i know they arent fun! I can only speak for myself but i have found LT so easy to control and has massive rewards... your first weigh in will be such a boost for you i promise. I ve just come back from my 8th weigh in and have lost 4st! so believe me it works! xx

Thanks! 4 stone in 8 weeks?!? That's amazing!
I was really wary of totally eliminating food but I'm now realising it's a bit like an alcoholic going cold turkey - I had to break the addiction. Although I'm hungry and a bit tired it's been nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be and can't believe how "free" I feel from the constant eating well and being miserable or eating what I enjoyed then feeling guilty

yeah you will be a bit tired and mopey at first but believe me that passes.... you will be just fine after that. Just remember one thing hun, drink loads of water it really helps :) xx

I've got it coming out of my ears lol but it will be worth it!

haha it is you will see such a great improvement in your skin and everything xx

That would be a lovely side effect - my skin is worse now than it was in my 20s!

Should have been my teens not my 20s :)

susieg77 said:
Should have been my teens not my 20s :)

Oh hun you wouldn't believe the amount of women I see a day who when I ask about their skin type/condition/dilemmas they tell me they didn't have a spot until they were in their 30's 40's! Women really do get the crappy end of the stick when it comes to their bodies in general! Xxx

Welcome susie :) hope the journey is a good one for you :) x x x

Thanks! I can't believe the amount of weight so many of you have lost so quickly. 2 stone in 7 weeks is amazing :)

Last edited:
Susie ...this diet really does give amazing results if you follow it to the letter! I've had blips and could probably of lost more ...but I'm more than happy with 2stone loss so far :D x x x here if you need us x x x

Hi Susie,

Welcome to the happy band of Lipotrimmers!

Well done on your weightloss so far, you've made a great start, you're drinking loads and......you've found us! Gotta be good :D

Dx

Thanks Denise! You really have all made it so much easier.
Managed to resist the home weigh in this morning and went for a clothes test instead - I'm on my way to work wearing trousers that wouldn't button last week :)

Thanks Denise! You really have all made it so much easier.
Managed to resist the home weigh in this morning and went for a clothes test instead - I'm on my way to work wearing trousers that wouldn't button last week :)

Good for you! You'll probably find that the fit of your clothes, gives you a better idea of how you're doing tan the scales. :)
My advice is to keep trying on things from the 'too tight' pile in the early days; I didn't do that often enough and am now, having dropped 4 dress sizes in 3 months, donating some "missed opportunities" to charity ;)

Keep it up!

I will, it was such a good feeling! I wasn't expecting them to fit as I thought since it was water weight and I looked exactly the same that I wouldn't have gotten any smaller

susieg77 said:
I will, it was such a good feeling! I wasn't expecting them to fit as I thought since it was water weight and I looked exactly the same that I wouldn't have gotten any smaller

It really is shocking the amount you can tell in your clothes I currently don't own any!! If it wasn't for my work clothes I'd be a nudist by now!! Haha xx

Ha ha I've got loads if clothes if I lose some weight - just got hardly any that fit me now

Am so looking forward to not standing in front of a wardrobe full of clothes and having literally nothing to wear

susieg77 said:
Ha ha I've got loads if clothes if I lose some weight - just got hardly any that fit me now

Am so looking forward to not standing in front of a wardrobe full of clothes and having literally nothing to wear

God I know that feeling way too well!!! Just happy to be the other side of it, bought a dress today... Going to try in on in a bit eek.... Went for a size 16 no idea what size I am though :/ xx

Good luck, nothing better than trying on a nice new dress!

Back