No thanks ... I'm not hungry.

Hi ... I started a wee diary over in the calorie counting section but I was getting a bit lonely!

I am on a journey from 285lbs to 165lbs and have just weighed in at slight under 255lbs.

I've lost 30lbs since I started and I'm so excited! I've always been huge and feel this is a big milestone for me.

I know I can lose weight and keep it off this, mainly because for the first time my husband is changing with me. However he is not as overweight as I am and can't appreciate how big a change I am trying to make. I feel like I need a wee bit of support and advice from other people who are going through (or have been through) similar struggles and I love how supportive everyone here is to each other.

Thank you for taking time to read this,

2852165 x

Hi ... I started a wee diary over in the calorie counting section but I was getting a bit lonely!

I am on a journey from 285lbs to 165lbs and have just weighed in at slight under 255lbs.

I've lost 30lbs since I started and I'm so excited! I've always been huge and feel this is a big milestone for me.

I know I can lose weight and keep it off this, mainly because for the first time my husband is changing with me. However he is not as overweight as I am and can't appreciate how big a change I am trying to make. I feel like I need a wee bit of support and advice from other people who are going through (or have been through) similar struggles and I love how supportive everyone here is to each other.

Thank you for taking time to read this,

2852165 x

Hello, well done on your weight loss so far! I understand where you're coming from with your other half, my OH understands how much losing weight means to me but doesn't really understand the ins and outs of how to do it lol. You have all the support you could ever need here, it's a lovely forum full of people on the same journey. Good luck to you :) xx

How you doing?x

Actually doing ok today. Thank you.

I have been doing all my shopping online to try and stop impulse buying rubbish. We made ostrich (tastes like steak with only 2% fat and 130kcals) and veg last night. It was amazing and only 260kcal in total!

Going to a Zumba class tomorrow ... I need to start exercising (even just a wee bit).

Attachments

• image-3894421836.jpg
    image-3894421836.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 91
Well done you! I'm the exact same weight & height as you at the moment and finding it v tough to lose any more!

I don't post that much on here but love reading all the threads....good luck! :)

Actually doing ok today. Thank you.

I have been doing all my shopping online to try and stop impulse buying rubbish. We made ostrich (tastes like steak with only 2% fat and 130kcals) and veg last night. It was amazing and only 260kcal in total!

Going to a Zumba class tomorrow ... I need to start exercising (even just a wee bit).

Looks lovely x

Well done you! I'm the exact same weight & height as you at the moment and finding it v tough to lose any more! I don't post that much on here but love reading all the threads....good luck! :)

Thank you - I am finding it quite daunting to have so much left still to lose. It is so nice to hear from other people in a similar position. We can definitely both do this :)

Looks lovely x

Thank you ... i am definitely not a good cook - part of the reason I got to this size was relying on takeaways instead of making meals! I'm trying to make a few new low cal meals every week and freeing the extra.
How are you getting on Lola?

I went to Zumba last night. It was brilliant. I went once before to a very quiet and quite serious class that was very easy. This was totally different. So fast and fun - I was so disgustingly sweaty at the end but I loved it!!

I think it burned about 750 kcals ... this seems a lot though so not 100% sure how accurate that is.

I went to Zumba last night. It was brilliant. I went once before to a very quiet and quite serious class that was very easy. This was totally different. So fast and fun - I was so disgustingly sweaty at the end but I loved it!! I think it burned about 750 kcals ... this seems a lot though so not 100% sure how accurate that is.

I'd like to go to Zumba but the thought of waggling my bits in a room full of people terrifies me!!

Thank you ... i am definitely not a good cook - part of the reason I got to this size was relying on takeaways instead of making meals! I'm trying to make a few new low cal meals every week and freeing the extra.
How are you getting on Lola?

Ah I used to hate cooking until I started dieting and now I love it, it's definitely gave me a new hobby lol. You might learn to love it!

I went to Zumba last night. It was brilliant. I went once before to a very quiet and quite serious class that was very easy. This was totally different. So fast and fun - I was so disgustingly sweaty at the end but I loved it!!

I think it burned about 750 kcals ... this seems a lot though so not 100% sure how accurate that is.

Zumba is brill isn't it? I went and I was terrified but everyone is there for the same reason...big or small. It's so fun :D xx

I'd like to go to Zumba but the thought of waggling my bits in a room full of people terrifies me!!

I totally felt like that but it was really fun and not intimidating at all (unlike our local gym!!) My best friend is due to have a baby anytime now so I had to go by myself but I'm hoping she will join me in a few months. However all the other people there were lovely and I felt amazing after.

Besides ... the bigger your bum the better the jingly bells sound!!!

I totally felt like that but it was really fun and not intimidating at all (unlike our local gym!!) My best friend is due to have a baby anytime now so I had to go by myself but I'm hoping she will join me in a few months. However all the other people there were lovely and I felt amazing after. Besides ... the bigger your bum the better the jingly bells sound!!!

Ha ha!! I wish I had the confidence to go! I love dancing.. Think I'm going to try and find myself something to do at home!

Ha ha!! I wish I had the confidence to go! I love dancing.. Think I'm going to try and find myself something to do at home!

There are loads of free workouts if you can access YouTube. Also there is an app called Popsugar Active that is constantly updated with free workouts etc it is an addition of the Popsugar magazine app which I totally love!

I have signed up to ballet starting next Thursday ... I am very stressed about that as I know everyone else will be tiny but I really want to do it. I will just stand at the back!!!!

There are loads of free workouts if you can access YouTube. Also there is an app called Popsugar Active that is constantly updated with free workouts etc it is an addition of the Popsugar magazine app which I totally love! I have signed up to ballet starting next Thursday ... I am very stressed about that as I know everyone else will be tiny but I really want to do it. I will just stand at the back!!!!

That's inspiring! I wanted to do ballet when I was 5 but always thought I was too fat. I never thought you could start as an adult! It's the same with figure skating. I just think there's a time when you need to stop letting weight get in the way of happiness and go for it so you don't live with regrets. Well done! I'm excited for you, look forward to hearing what it's like! :D

Figure skating is next!!!!! I would LOVE to be able to skate!! Unfortunately I really feel that I do need to lose quite a lot more weight first as I tried to learn before and really struggled ... I think my centre of balance is off :) I am just adding it to my list of incentives to continue eating healthily.

I'd love to do ballet but I'm to self concious, I think I'll just watch for now lol x

Last edited:
I am so bored. I am on maternity leave and really miss being at work. I feel like I spend the whole day trying not to snack through boredom.

Back