NO way i would do CDC now

whistlefish

I logged on to this site after following a link from CDC. I was curious about CD and considering a change from LL.
After reading the ridiculous opinions of Tracey the CDC who quite clearly believes we are all too stupid to make decisions for ourselves ( re the ebay debate), I can only conclude that one must be prepared to be treated like a child in order to thrive on CD.
Sorry, not for me. I am sticking to LL where we are at least encouraged to think for ourselves.

How curious! I don't remember the thread but it seems odd to judge the whole ethos of a diet based on the comments of one person.

Still - it's a free country and we're all at liberty to accept or reject whatever we want to based on what we consider to be fact ... no matter how tenuous the link.

I logged on to this site after following a link from CDC. I was curious about CD and considering a change from LL.
After reading the ridiculous opinions of Tracey the CDC who quite clearly believes we are all too stupid to make decisions for ourselves ( re the ebay debate), I can only conclude that one must be prepared to be treated like a child in order to thrive on CD.
Sorry, not for me. I am sticking to LL where we are at least encouraged to think for ourselves.

Well I'm on CD and I certainly think for myself and have never encountered a time when I haven't been encouraged to do so.

No idea where you're coming from on this one.

Gotta agree with RD on this one! whistlefish maybe you should read the thousands of other posts on many different subjects by hundreds of CDer's before making a decision?

I think you'll find that "the CDers" and "LLers" get on quite well - so maybe minimins isnt the place for you - especially seeing as the lovely lady who set it up is a CDer.

In my time on this site people can't just go around saying things like you did. Whatever your opinion you have to respect other people.
Enjoy minimins, i for one will certainly not bother reading your posts.

Last edited:
BBC Website said:
Lighter Life say they have repeatedly asked eBay to take the sachets and bars off the site.

Actually, both CD and LL have asked for this.

whistlefish said:
I am sticking to LL where we are at least encouraged to think for ourselves.

:confused: Repeating the BBC quote

BBC Website said:
Lighter Life say they have repeatedly asked eBay to take the sachets and bars off the site.

whistlefish said:
After reading the ridiculous opinions of Tracey the CDC who quite clearly believes we are all too stupid to make decisions for ourselves

All?? I do believe there are some stupid people out there. So I guess your idea is that you just sell to the 'sensible' ones?

Interesting idea. I guess that all sellers should ask the bidder if they are stupid or not before selling :D

Dear Bidder.

Thankyou so much for you bid. Please complete the following IQ test before I decide whether I can accept it or not.

Sorry, couldn't resist.:p

Hiya Whistlefish,
I have not seen the ebay debate or "met" tracey on here but I have had nothing but support and encouragement here. No one thinks for anyone else but people on all manner of diets post for support. That includes LL, CD, WW, SF, SW etc etc etc.
Perhaps you could post the link to the thread that you are talking about though, I have to say, that we will not always agree with everything everyone says. We are all individuals with our own opinions and can either accept OR reject what others say.
Is it possible that you have misunderstood the concept behind a forum such as this.
We, the members, on all manner of diets, co-exist peaceably and jump in and out of each others forums all the time. It is interesting to read everyone's journey whatever mode of travel they are taking!
To make such a sweeping decision about CD based on one person's opinion says more about you than the person who originally made the comments you are talking about. You should read several threads and experiences and try to make a balanced decision.
The last thing I want to say is that, even if you consider someone's opinions ridiculous, it is better to ignore or simply say that you don't agree rather than to personally attack someone.
I am not attacking you here - just saying what I feel.
Please read more of the postings and see how you feel then.
Take care
Tansy

Whooaaaaa there tiger. SOmeone having a bad day??

Whitefish, Tracy was simply voicing her views on a subject that SHE feels very strongly about. I respect her passion over her job. Her views may not be shared, but thats no concern of yours is it?

Not once did she say that was how CD felt or that they shared her views!!! I think that was a bit harsh!

That's one helluva an introductory post!

Last edited:
You beat me to it Leah.

This is a support forum for all no matter what weightloss method you have chosen.

The debate yesterday got heated from both sides of the argument and this is the reason the thread was closed.

The Ebay argument has been going on for some time now and both CD and LL are actively trying to stop product being sold as in the wrong hands it can be disasterous. Some people are desperate to use CD and LL and as they cannot be supplied by counsellors as they have been screened and it has been found they are contraindicated.

This in some not all cases prompts the purchase from sites like Ebay.

I know customers sell on Ebay just offloading and trying to recoup money on packs not used without even considering the health implications for someone else they are not counsellors so this would not necessarily be apparent to them.

Best advice is only purchase what you need for the programme you are on.

CD are bound by DSA rules and I would think LL are as well. The bottom line of this is anything returned in good saleable condition within 14 days can be exchanged or refunded.

A lot of CDC's are even more flexible with this as our Head Office encourages us to buy back stock providing it is in good condition and not out of date etc etc.

There are others who just happen upon the packs on Ebay and give the diets a go without even realising they should not be using them. For example a type II diabetic. Blood sugars drop dramatically on a VLCD leading to low blood sugar which can result in passing out and possibly coma.

2 hours with very low blood sugar can cause brain damage so as you can see there are serious concerns relating to the wrong people using the product which is why a counsellor is there for advice this is for both diets.

There are pysiological changes to the body when following a VLCD which is why VLCD's are monitored so closely and follow guidance by NICE and COMA.

Judging CD by one counsellor, who obviously felt very passionately about the dangers of purchasing from Ebay, I feel is totally unjust.

WOW - have just trawled my way through THAT thread!
As far as I can see, no one is being treated as an idiot - simply opinions voiced. There is nothing wrong with differing opionions.
I do not think it is fair when threads become personal attacks on people rather than about an issue.
I cannot agree with you Whistlefish. I think Tracey aired her opinion quite openly and honestly and, at no time did she tell us what to do or not to do.
I would not buy on Ebay though in the past I have been tempted to try some of the diet pills that are sold there. I have never done so however because Ebay is so anonymous and there is no follow up. It seem that it is generally either to get rid of unwanted items or to make a profit.
I like the idea of having a CDC who monitors my progress and makes sure that I don't stockpile. It does seem safer to me.
However, nor do I judge anyone who buys from Ebay. I just feel that it may attract people who are desperate and for whom a VLCD might be contraindicated.
Just my opionion - no attack on anyone!:)
Tansy

AWww Linda - bet you're a BABE!!!!!:)

ahem, TANSY! Serious thread here. No laughter please :D xxx

Us CDers have ruined this thread, TYPICAL!

Sorry, i'll grow up soon xxx

AWww Linda - bet you're a BABE!!!!!:)

The name Tina Turner suddenly springs to mind and I'm not quite sure why!!! :D :D (eh, Linda!!! :D ;))

Anyhow, back to the matter in hand.....

It's been a long time since we've had any deliberately inflammatory comments here on Minimins...and I guess Whistlefish knows that as well, hence the post and no further comments in support of his/her's opinion!!!

Bet its in fact the same person Minilady was debating with yesterday, come back to try to make her feel bad!

Back