No will power and really bad sweet tooth!

MummyJoJo

I have been eating chocolate like it's going out of fashion, so I guess I definitely have a sweet tooth!

I really need to try and lose about 10lbs but everyday I seem to just cave in and eat chocolate or other sweet things.

It doesn't help that my husband works for a company who manufacture chocolate either!!

I know I can use syns to eat chocolate, but I want to get to a stage where Can at least go a day without it. What do you do to control your sweet tooth? Any tips would be gratefully received.

Jojo

My first couple of weeks when I was trying my best I did go without chocolate, got by using my Alpen lights as a HEB - if you go to a class I would recommend the Hifi light Rocky Road bars, they are so good! Now I just use my syns on chocolate, that's what they're there for!

I was like you and had chocolate every day. I know we have the syns but personally I wanted to knock the habit on its head.

I gave myself the focus that I would only have chocolate at the weekends. If I wanted chocolate I could start from Friday evening.

My first Friday came around and I found by the time it got to Friday I didn't really fancy chocolate, I liked having the syns for something else.

That weekend I didn't bother with any chocolate.

I'm on week 3 of this approach and although I have the option of chocolate, I've lost interest. :)

I now have the attitude that after 3/4 weeks of not missing chocolate, it's daft going back. I'm happy not having chocolate during the week so no point going back.

Hope this helps, I think saying I can have it, made me relaxed and inadvertently not want it lol

Last edited:
You could try to substitute it. What about having options hot chocolate drink instead for 2 syns? The other thing I would do is put them out of sight - out of sight out of mind. Ask him to put things he brings home in a tin in a cupboard. Better still would be ask him not to bring any home or to hide them and don't tell you where - is he eating them too?
You could challenge yourself not to eat any all week and as the above post says ^^^ just eat it at the weekend.

when im queen, chocolate will be a food group.:D

stick curly wurly in the freezer, takes an age to eat and should satisfy a choccy craving.

Thanks for all your ideas. I will try the curly wurly in the freezer trick. Just need to control my will power I just throw the towel in too easily them moan about how much weight I have put on. I do myself no favours!!!

Welcome to my world. I found that having options whenever I had a sweet tooth worked also muller lights and activia yogurts but the thing that saved my life was making Slimming World rice pudding. I just put as much pudding rice I need in a pan, cover it with a couple of inches of water and boil until all the water is absorbed. Then I add milk bring back to the boil and make sure the rice is cooked. I used to put an options sachet in then and there but if you let it cool down and put it in a bowl then add the options, it melts and goes all chocolatey and I promise it will take away even the meanest of cravings.

It got to the point where I would have 3-6 bars of chocolate when I had a craving fit but since I've made rice pudding, I had one craving and only had ONE bar of chocolate! I thought having sugar free pop was giving me the cravings but it wasn't so honestly give it a try you might surprise yourself :)

I wish you luck because I know how hard it is to beat but when you do, you will lose loads of lovely weight and be happy and not feel deprived <3

I have seen in another thread someone mentioning sugar addiction. I think I have this as for the last 6 months I need to have chocolate everyday. It's the first thing I do when I get home, I get chocolate! So I have read up on it and I know I need to stop eating it and get control very quickly as my weight is going the wrong way. I know I have said it before, about a thousand times, but tomorrow I am going to move all the chocolate out of sight and see if I can do it as I am bored of moaning about my weight. Wish me luck x

Back