No xenical

TracyGWill said:
Thanks, Lexie. I've been "lurking" on this forum for ages, but this was the first time I thought I had something worth sharing, lol. x

Was definitely worth sharing!!! Welcome!!! You'll see we share some rubbish on a daily basis but keeps us on track for the most part lol x

I rang my Co-op pharmacy - they still haven't had any in. I am off work for two weeks annual leave from next week so I may sit on the phone and call round like I did last time.

I was prescribed orlistat on Monday n was told by several chemists it wasn't going to be in stock till next week but went town on Tuesday morning n asked in boots out of chance n they had had a delivery that morning!

Maybe the shortage is over then yay! X

I have 4 different stories from chemists today.

1 says its due in end of May
2nd one says no not available and dont know when.
3rd one says its being distributed again but they havent recieved any.
4th one says Its been stopped altogether and dont know if it will be coming back into stock again.

There are dozens of suppliers to chemists. Some of these will get xenical, others won't. And they will buy in at different times. I work in a chemist and trust me all the chemists round here ring round all the suppliers all week to check progress. We have dozens of backed up scripts.

Different chenists will get them at different times. Just try each week til you hit success

aesir22 said:
There are dozens of suppliers to chemists. Some of these will get xenical, others won't. And they will buy in at different times. I work in a chemist and trust me all the chemists round here ring round all the suppliers all week to check progress. We have dozens of backed up scripts.

Different chenists will get them at different times. Just try each week til you hit success

Thank you. I did say that my friend who is a chemists assistant had let me know to pass on that some co-op chemists have it back in so that sounds hopeful.

HNM it's clearly not 4 as above cos co-op 3 miles from me got stocks this week x

I know hun, just wish the chemists were on the same page. So many different stories going round its frustrating.

I have just been back to my doctor for a new script and he said he has had notification that it is being delivered into chemists and they should all have stock in next couple of weeks, so who knows what is right!

I phoned chemist in metheringham who have stock.. BUT only for people who have an existing script and are waiting.. But maybe if I'm
Really lucky and smile nicely they might give me some :) going to come up end of next week..

Mis-behave said:
I phoned chemist in metheringham who have stock.. BUT only for people who have an existing script and are waiting.. But maybe if I'm
Really lucky and smile nicely they might give me some :) going to come up end of next week..

If not I'll have a ring around for you before you arrive to see where else is likely to have it x

Wonder if I can persuade Hubby to drive me to Lincoln tommorow, seems to be stock there lol. Only about 3/4 hours away? wouldnt that be fun on a petrol shortage haha.

hobnobsmummy said:
Wonder if I can persuade Hubby to drive me to Lincoln tommorow, seems to be stock there lol. Only about 3/4 hours away? wouldnt that be fun on a petrol shortage haha.

Bracebridge Heath Co-op certainly had it mid week, might be worth a phone call.

Whoops just realise you meant 3-4 hours, I read it as 45 mins x

I wish every chemist in Lincoln had it . I got my new one in brace ridge yesterday metering ham have it so shy don't mine in navenby have it? It's getting annoying when they have my old script and won't give it to me

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My friend who works in pharmacy said within an hour of it coming in to stock in warehouse it'd gone again....

Yeah i got it from bracebridge, i rang them before i went and he asked where i was from so i said saxilby and he said to try them first, so i rang saxilby which is also a co op and they gave me the same manufacturing story so i explained bracebridge had some delivered and she seemed most shocked and was gonna look into it. I was told by the chemist at bracebridge not to tell everyone they had some lol

xAlisonx said:
Really worried as my tablets are running low and nowhere around here seems to stock them

Hi Alison, the warehouse (wherever that may be) had some in last week but they went quickly. Have you rung around, it seems to be the smaller chemists that got stock x

Back