Nobody noticed

asilasil

Hi all, well just wanted to share my rotten saturday night with you all. Well as you know I am in the 8th week of LL and I have shifted over 2 stone. I was meeting up with some old friends in london at the weekend and was feeling great as I am down 2 dress sizes sinse the last time I saw anyone. Well I decided to drive as obviously I would not be drinking and popped in to see my parents before hand as they live in london. My mum couldn't believe how much weight I am losing and was full of lovely compliments so I was feeling really good. Anyway, I got to the bar we were all meeting in parked my car and went in. I suppose I was expecting everyone to start saying stright away how much weight I had lost. But nobody did!!!!:sigh: I mean everybody said that I looked really well but not a thing about the weight. Then one of our mates came in who we haven't seen since last year and she also has lost weight and immiedietly everyone said 'wow you look so well....how much weight have you lost???' I mean yeah....she looks really really great but to be honest, I didn't think she was that overweight in the first place. Talk about stole my thunder....lol I know I sound bitter and twisted but Im not really. Anyway as the evening wore on I decided to call it an early night and went home. Only to find a parking ticket on my car....grrr!!:mad: Bloody westminster council!!
Anyway we are all meeting up again in july so I shall hopefully be a lot smaller then and they had better flippin notice:D

I found people starting to notice when I had lost 3 stone. Also I found that people are to scared to say anything as weight has always been such a big thing to me both ups and downs. So the don't want to upset me by mentioning it. Keep going and you knock them for six in June.
xxx

hi there
i know exactly how you feel! the same happened to me about 8/9 weeks in.

one of my best friends who i see every week has still not said anything!
don't worry they will notice soon - as i think BL? said to me at the time maybe they didn't see you as that overweight anyway, it's 'you' they see rather than how you look, if you get me?

anyway, stick at it - i'm getting compliments everyday now, and you will too
daisy x

I think the 2.5 - 3 stone is the mark for noticing. :D Weird I know but from reading past posts and my own experience, that's when it happens.

You just wait. ;)

lol yep. same thing happened to me too. I had lost over 3 stone and no one at work said boo. Then one of the managers lost 1 stone and they were all falling all over themselves....oooh look at her! DID YOU HEAR *** LOST A STONE!!!!!!!!! etc., etc.

Being the soft-spoken person I am, I whelled my chair over to my desk-neighbour and said, "Juss so you know, I have lost three stone, and not one of you have commented!":copon: LOL Me - always subtle. :D

Anyway, she said she didn't know I had been dieting!? LOL So, they only comment when they KNOW you are on a diet?? confused.com. lol

It wasn;t until I lost FIVE stone before poeple started saying stuff!!! lol Then it didn;t stop. You become the office celeb, and EVERYONE has an opinion from then on.....so enjoy your anonimity while you can! :D

They will notice. :)

I found too, the older men, while I could see them looking all the time, with a giant question marm, never said anything untilo the end. Then they told me they were afraid to say anything in case I was ill, because it was shifting so fast.

People are funny.

Main thing is, you know. And thats what counts. And soon you will be buried in compliments!

xx

Last edited:
Yup, same here. a good 3-4 stone before people started to comment on weight loss. Was disappointing initially as I expected everyone to notice, but I guess others aren't as wrapped up in us as we think they are.

Stick with it, when they do notice, everyone will start to comment!

i once knew a lady who had lost over 4 stone and her husband hadnt noticed!!!
not nice tho is it?

Sean said:
Was disappointing initially as I expected everyone to notice, but I guess others aren't as wrapped up in us as we think they are.

I think that's very true Sean, when we are oveweight we imagine that everyone's attention is always on us, judging us etc. when truth be told 99% of the time everyone else is far to busy worrying about their own stuff to take much notice of anyone else!

@asilasil; people will notice in due time. I remember writing something very much like this a few months ago in repsonse to another post, but I really believe it's true, different people will react in different ways to you losing weight; some will be happy for you, others will be negative due to jealously or envy, some won't comment out of fear you will be offended (especially men, no way would I feel like I had a right to comment on any of the ladies I work with's weight even if it was meant in a nice way!), and truth be some some people just_wont_care. They wont.

Best thing is to compliment yourself - after all, you are doing this thing for YOU, not for the comments and opinions of others. You know you are looking and feeling good - that's all that matters :)

Wise and uplifting words indeed from you good people. I felt deflated on saturday night but still been 100% commited to the plan (even after slight mind wobble couple of weeks back):)!
On the plus side of things I just took a leaf from BL's book and did some shopping in my local charity shop and brought a few outfits for my holiday in July. Iknow its a way off yet and I will be losing more weight before then but I did buy size 16's cos I think that is where I shall be by then. And guess what?? ALL of the tops fit (snuggly!!) and the skirts do up. Okay the skirts do up but breathing in them is impossible:D so will store them for a few weeks before trying on again. Woohoo!!
Thanks again for the brill support peeps.
xx

JULY!!!! You'll have donated those clothes back and bought another lot by then!!

you may as well stick the clothes on ebay now - they will be hanging off you by then!
daisy x

awww...woohoo....I bloody love you all.:D:D:D

Guess we're all different. I've lost over 4 stone but only come down two dress sizes. Gutted! And I've gone from a 40G to a 36J!!!! Absolutely distraught. My boobs stop me getting into a lovely dress I bought for my sisters wedding. Fits me lovely everywhere else.

Asilasil - I am only just starting to get comments about my weight loss! They'll come don't you worry.

Wise and uplifting words indeed from you good people. I felt deflated on saturday night but still been 100% commited to the plan (even after slight mind wobble couple of weeks back):)!
On the plus side of things I just took a leaf from BL's book and did some shopping in my local charity shop and brought a few outfits for my holiday in July. Iknow its a way off yet and I will be losing more weight before then but I did buy size 16's cos I think that is where I shall be by then. And guess what?? ALL of the tops fit (snuggly!!) and the skirts do up. Okay the skirts do up but breathing in them is impossible:D so will store them for a few weeks before trying on again. Woohoo!!
Thanks again for the brill support peeps.
xx
Try them on REGULARLY!! I pulled out some clothes from my wardrobe and said 'wow, can't wait to fit into them again', and by the time I got around to trying them on, they were too bloomin big.

Dress sizes have a mind of their own! Doesn't seem to be any logic to it at all :p I remember when I had big losses, the dress sizes didn't change much, and when they were smaller it seemed much more dramatic. Very strange.

Hi Asilasil,

I have lost 3st and have only gone down 2 dress sizes from 22-18. But not completely as I can't get into some 18's but I can fit into some 16's on top. I have gone down from a 40E to a 36E which I think is amazing. I've not been a 36 since I was about age 14. Just glad they don't seem to be dissapearing too quickly!!

Don't be too disheartened as I think that when bigger people loose weight sometimes it might not be as noticeable as our shape tends to stay the same, at least mine has to a degree, so it's harder to notice.

Sorry to ramble on. But don't worry the compliments will come xx

You might find (like I did) that the people you work with only notice when you actually don't see them for a few weeks. My example was the Xmas holidays. Off work for 2 weeks (a school), when I came back everyone was amazed at the "difference" even though technically I had only lost about half a stone in the time we had been gone!

One teacher said to me "jeez how did you lose so much weight in only 2 weeks!??" I told her I had been losing for the past few months, and she barely believed me! cheek! lol

Also people don't realise quite how much weight you are carrying around with you. I told the woman who runs the mother and toddler class that I weighed over 22st when I started (now just under 20st 4 wks later) and she refused to beleive me. She kept saying how I didn't look like I weighed that much, so she hadn't commented on my weight loss. It was only when I told her that she said she was thinking I *might* have lost some weight.

Then again, when I went to the LL session last week, one of the girls said I was disappearing in front of her eyes. Funny how people's perceptions are so different.

I get that too. When I was at my biggest (18st) I asked my best friend how much she thought I weighed and she said 15st and she thought she was over estimating!!

Also before I started this diet I was a size 22 and my manager saw me and my sister in the gym (she was a size 14) and she said she thought I looked nearly the same size as her. Mind you, don't know if she was humouring me!!!

yah, i lost a bit more than 3 stone, and only thing ive heard is that i look much nicer, but without noticing a change in weight. Well, I guess thats good enough:confused:
Well, at least I myself notice a big difference, and also the reactions from people i dont know on the street, I feel, are more positive. I hope, when I loose another 10kg it will be more noticable!!
I also think that the others ( unless they are just too polite to say anything) probably pay more attention just to us, and not too much to our weight ( and thus will only notice it, once there is an even bigger change), which is maybe a good thing.

Back