Noodles on green day/ Morrisons suasages!

JAYJAY33

Hey all

I am relatively new to Slimming World, only joined 4 weeks ago. However i am having difficulty finding dried noodles that are free on green days. I found egg noodles in Asda but apparently they are 9 syns a packet (big packet though) but anyone know which are free on green days? Also which suasages are free from MOrrisons? Seen some mentioned on here a few times.

Thanks alot xxx

The syn free ona red day Morrisons sausages are the Eat Smart Diet Pork Sausages. They are a bit of a pig to get hold of though (excuse the pun) ;)

Any noodles that are completely dry and that you have to boil are free on a green day. The ones that are 'wet' have oil in them so you will have to syn them ones.

Asda dried egg noodles are a free food. Perhaps they are 9 syns on red?
The egg noodles which are synned are the ready to wok ones as they are coated in oil.
I use Sharwoods dried egg noodles which are free.

Aaw great thanks very much everyone! I used the manual syn calculator on slimming world website and it said they had syns in them. Maybe i did them wrong. I find dried noodles hard to find anyway as can never find them in Tesco, maybe im looking in the wrong place!!

Will have a look out for those diet sausages for when i do red days to vary things!

Thanks again everyone. Love this site!!

Kate xxx

You are better off searching for syns on the syns online tab rather than using the calculator.
Just use the calculator for things which aren't listed but make sure you enter any free food allowance, which you maybe didn't do with the noodles.
You will find dried noodles in Tesco near the pasta sauces/chinese sauces etc.

The dried noodles in my Tesco are with the oriental sauces etc rather than with the pasta. I buy the Sharwoods fine egg noodles. The thinner ones seem to take up flavour better. Going to do spicey pork, veg and noodle stir-fry for tea tonight. Yum yum!!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Basic/Non Branded Foods Pasta, Noodles, dried, plain, all types 28g dry
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 5½ Syns
green.gif
Green Free
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]​

I got some Sharwoods dried noodles today from Tesco - never had them before, so I am looking forward to trying them. (The soft ones were on the same shelf, in similar packaging, so make sure you know what you are getting.)

They weren't with the other types of pasta - look near the Chinese and Indian stuff.

Back