Noodles-which can i use

fruitpie

I know that rice noodles are free (them be the ones near the veg section at asda which are dry) I know to be a little careful with egg noodles but today I saw lots of noodle products pre packed by sharwoods,

Does anyone know the syn value of these types of noodles?

Also I saw some noodles which were dry but had a hint of curry powder mixed with them so I'm assuming they be no more than 4 syns for a huge portion??

Thank you peeps...I've been craving thai/chinese all day :)

oh i though the wheat dried yellow noodle were free as were the amoy straight to noodle ones i hope they are as they are something i eat a lot of and so quick

Ooooh I hope they are, I'm new to noodles so trying to figure them out. Someone told me the egg ones are fee syns as they usual preserved in oil but the rice ones defo ok but I'm just not sure about the packet ones...but supernoodles are packet so maybe I'm just adding drama?

I miss my SW login - it had so many answers lol x

If you do a search in the syn values sub-forum you should find your answer. The Winter Recipe section is probably not the best place for a question like this.

All dried noodles are syn free including egg noodles. It's the fresh ond microwave ones you need to be careful of because they add oil to stop the noodles sticking.

These are the Amoy ones:

Egg Noodles, dried, 100g dry Free
Straight to Wok Chilli Noodles, ambient, 150g pouch 3
Straight to Wok Garlic & Coriander Noodles, ambient, 150g pouch 3
Straight to Wok Medium Noodles, ambient, 150g pouch 2½
Straight to Wok Rice Noodles, ambient, 150g pouch Free
Straight to Wok Singapore Noodles, ambient, 150g pouch 2½
Straight to Wok Thread Fine Noodles, ambient, 150g pouch 1½
Straight to Wok Udon Thick Noodles, ambient, 150g pouch 1½

Low fat supernoodles are syn free but the full fat ones can be up to 10 syns so are best avoided.

Back