Noooo! Why did I do that?! (food related)

leona

I'm sooooo annoyed with myself. I've been really busy out and about all day and by dinnertime I was starving - I made my little boy some fresh pasta and sauce for his tea and then for some STUPID reason I had a bowl myself! :cry: I really don't know why I did it - and the worst thing is, it wasn't even nice :sigh: It just tasted cardboardy and too sweet and now I feel all bloated....yuck. I really hope I don't put on any weight as I've been doing so well and have been proud of myself :break_diet: Why on earth did I go and sabotage myself?! :copon:

Basically - you won't do THAT again, will you?! :p:D It might make a difference to your weightloss (as pasta is so high in carbs) but if it's only a one-off, I'd just treat it as a blip and put it behind you. (I cheated at a birthday party last weekend, and grazed on sandwiches and cake and sweet stuff, but I'd still lost 2½ lb. on Monday. I felt really bad too - I was practically force-fed by the cake-baker! - but I've pretty much forgotten about it already, and just got on with the diet.)

Hi Leona,

I have also done the same and I feel exactly the same. The food I ate was awful, I feel bloated and sick and now I also feel teary. I don't know why I did it but the fact is it's done. Now we pick ourselves up and start a fresh tomorrow.

I weighed myself today as I had eaten yesterday and I had still lost weight. So I guess one minor hiccup should not make a difference as long as we stick to the diet thereafter without any more hiccups.

Good luck Hun, I really do empathise with how you feel right now and you'll never know how much it has meant to me to read your post x.

Huge thanks to both of you and especially to you, Sonya. I feel really teary too and feel as if I've spoiled everything - but the fact is I haven't and neither have you! :D We have both learnt a lesson and at least know I know that the food I've been craving is no way as nice as I'd remembered. We can both start afresh tomorrow! :)

Yes we can Leona!

I felt terrible cos I was so angry at myself and I was crying that I took it out on the kids and shouted at them as they were about to go to sleep. Anyway, I apologised to both of them and explained that I was upset and that I was not angry at them.

While I was on the diet, I felt so positive. My line was alway, "I wake up knowing at least I'm doing something about my weight!". Now I just feel rubbish and want to cry. I also had a conversation with my ex whom I broke up with three weeks ago and I realised that things might actually be over 100%. Hey, at least I'm 100% something! Lol.

I can't feel too bad, at least I'm trying to crack jokes. I just need to stop whining and get focused again on my long term goal.

We can do it babe and we will. How much weight do you want to lose?

Back