'Normal' food affecting your body? :( advice pls!

miss_emmajane

Silver Member
I take the night off from SW after my weigh in on a Monday night. I have done since I started and I wouldn't change it for anything - it is why I think the SW plan has worked so well for me so far and why I think I will carry on until I am at target.

BUT ... theres a but! Each week my reaction to the food I have that night is getting worse. I normally have whichever evening meal I fancy or have been craving/missing such as a curry with extras or pizza and then a treat or two - this week was a glazed ring doughnut <3 However my body reacts really badly and I have ended up with bad stomach, bad sleep, feeling hungover (on food?!) the next day, feeling sick for a few hours (though I haven't binged or anything) and just generally feeling awful the next day.

I used to eat these foods whenever I felt like them and though overall I feel far better now eating the SW way, I am slightly worried that my body is reacting like this ... why? Does anyone else get this? My body is going in to a state each time and it seems to be getting worse every few weeks :(

I don't want to change how I am eating though - this life style change works for me. Eating SW style aside from Monday night is ideal as i stick to it perfectly for the rest of the week and NEVER feel like I can't eat what I want or go out to eat with my friends or bf because I will just save that for a Monday evening. I don't think I can deal with feeling so awful the day after though :(

Last edited:
i have found that since starting SW my body doesnt like junk food - i would very often get a bad stomach after a take away or something really stodgy.

On the whole SW is pretty much a fat free, sugar free eating plan, so eating pizza (high fat content) currys (sometimes high sugar as well as fat) is bound to go through you. your body sort of detoxes for 6 days and then you fuel it up again. Maybe your body is trying to tell you it don't want this food anymore hun lol. Listen to what your body is telling you, it knows best what it wants and what it doens't. Sorry! xx

yep Charlotte is exactly right. When you cut out the crap, then you eat a bunch of crap, your body goes 'Uuurgh, that's crap, what do i do with that?!' and expels it.

niiiiiiice

Im afraid I have to agree with the others Hun. Your body is telling you that it really doesnt want this stuff anymore. You have to decide whether its worth eating it each week after weigh in or not. Dont hold onto something just because its a habit....this is what got us to join SW in the first place!
xxx

i do the same but my treat on a tue night is a 1/4 black midget gems that i buy on a sunday and are calling me every time i open fridge door to reach for something free !

My night off is monday too and I've found exactly the same problem, I still have my treat night but instead of eating the pizza or curry AND the cream cake I just have one now, painful as it is, its just too much for my body now!

My night off is monday too and I've found exactly the same problem, I still have my treat night but instead of eating the pizza or curry AND the cream cake I just have one now, painful as it is, its just too much for my body now!

I did think that maybe its because I am eating too much of it. I will have to listen to my body and cut back and either have it the SW way or just have one or the other :)

Thanks x

Yep me too! Monday treat night and i felt exactly the same. I was getting my meal and then having pudding or chocolate etc too. So decided as of last week to just do one or the other. So my treat Monday just gone was a whole tub of Houmous, some salt n pepper ribs (random but just what i'd been craving)and some Ben n Jerrys frozen yogurt. Was absolutely fine with it and i guess mainly cos i didn't have the greasy fatty pizza and the Krispy Kremes i'd had the week before lol.

Give it a try hun! Have what you've been fancying but have less of it!x

bleugh - i just had a bit of a chinese takeaway that oh bought cos my stew still hasnt cooked in the slow cooker! whoops!!

But i just didnt enjoy it - i had been watching economy gastronomy and they were cooking lots of lovely fresh fish and i just would have preffered that.

Back