Normal foods with few calories

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by tarotwoman, 5 August 2011 Social URL.

1. tarotwoman

tarotwoman Loves life

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming magazine club. Out of date now but this diet worked for me in the past.
    Does anyone have any normal foods that they like and eat without sabataging their diet?

I have mikado biscuits (11 cals) and merangue nests (about 50 cals depending on brand).

It would be nice to know what other people eat without blowing their diet.

Tracey

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Galifreyan

Galifreyan Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast 3-2-1
    Mini meringue's, strawberries and 0% fat Yog. All in a bowl together Yum

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MiniMins

4. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    gotta love mikado's!

my mate got a craving for those in her pregnancy!

5. dietgirl24

dietgirl24 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    6st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(29.47%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Core/SW Red Days
    pink lady apple, about 60 calories I think. It's a big apple so it's quite filling. It is quite sweet too! I try not to snack though! Ryvita is handy too, about 30 calories for one.

6. Galifreyan

Galifreyan Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast 3-2-1
    Mmm pink lady apples, lush! Haven't had any for a while so i think I'll stick them on my shoppin list x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MiniMins

7. tarotwoman

tarotwoman Loves life

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming magazine club. Out of date now but this diet worked for me in the past.
    I've never had a pink lady apple. Are they like normal apples but sweeter?

Tracey

8. AmethystWitch

AmethystWitch Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(32.39%)
    Diet:
    Dietition suggested Portion Control, I'm also Vegetarian.
    My husband will only eat pink lady apples, he thinks the others don't taste as nice, so there must be something good to them if other people think that too lol

9. dietgirl24

dietgirl24 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    6st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(29.47%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Core/SW Red Days
    Yep they're a lot sweeter than a normal apple. I was in the supermarket just there and Pink Lady do a cute fruit snack pack with red grape and apple that's only 43 calories. Little fruit packs are a good idea, just check the calories on them (I wouldn't buy one with more than 50 calories tbh as it's only meant to be a snack).

I used to eat out a lot so I would bring an apple with me as dessert or else buy a Solero in a nearby supermarket or bring an apple with me to the cinema instead of eating the big massive popcorn-just some ideas for people :)

Lemon sorbet is pretty low calorie too but it doesn't really float my boat tbh! I used to love Skinny Cow lollies (the sticks are 93, 94 calories and the dippers are 65..the chocolate stick is really nice and 93 calories for one, never had the others!) and Soleros (1.5 points/about 100 calories on old ww programme).. weight watcher yoghurts are nice but why is there *four* in the pack? I only want one! And the mullerlight yoghurt is too big for me, half is more than enough for me. You can get low calorie hot chocolate sachets, if you like hot chocolate, too.

But I don't eat any of that anymore (the skinny cow lolly/solero/mullerlight and ww yoghurts) as I'm sticking to natural foods. I find that when I stick to natural food, I don't crave sugar. I switched from the sweetened yoghurt to natural yoghurt and omg at the start, the taste of the natural yoghurt nearly killed me lol! But now I like it with some fruit, maybe an apple chopped up finely, for breakfast.

Oh a really good snack is carrot sticks and celery sticks. The carrot is sweet as it's a starchy veg and celery is so filling. I wouldn't stick hoummous with it tbh because that'll bump the calories up too much!

Last edited: 6 August 2011
  10. tarotwoman

tarotwoman Loves life

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    I like the hot choc satchets too but it's a bit too hot for those at the moment. The soleros sound good, I'll have to see if I can get them here.

Tracey

11. small steps

small steps Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(14.43%)
    Diet:
    Diet Chef
    I like popcorn and products such as snack a jacks.

It depends what you mean by normal - my favourite snacks are pickled eggs, pickled onions, pickled beetroot and olives. My boyfriend thinks eating a plate of these goodies is weird, but it depends on your taste.....

12. biggirl86

biggirl86 Postaholic/lurker!

Start Weight:
    221lb
    Current Weight:
    215lb
    Goal Weight:
    147lb
    Lost(%):
    6lb(2.71%)
    I like crispbreads (19 cals) with a mini pot of extra light philedelphia (38 cals) and some cucumber onto top.
    Also Jubbly (the triangle shaped ice lolly) is only about 26cals!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.