"Normal people" clothes shops!

NicolaR

I am going to a wedding in a few weeks and it just occurred to me that I will need to buy a frock, so on saturday we went trawling around looking to see what was available.

It occurred to me that now I'm mostly in size 16 clothes I can go into lots of the "normal people" shops, i.e. the shops that don't sell clothes over a size 16 (evil places!)

So I went in and had a look, and tried a few things on even though I was convinced all of the staff were looking at me and "knew" that really I was too fat to shop there :sigh:

But stuff actually fit! I got into two size 16 dresses in Jane Norman of all places, and loads in other shops too. And I tried on a Julien McDonald dress in a 16 and it was too big and had to try the 14 :)

In the end I found a Karen Millen dress in the sales that I loved. They only had it in a 14 so I tried it on. It fits fine except for the boobs where it's a bit too tight :mad: With help from my other half I managed to get the zip up but really it's too small for now.

But since Karen Millen have a 28 day returns policy, I've bought it! I'm going to try it on in three weeks time and see if it's better, and if not I'll still have a week to return it and get something else. I'll be gutted if I have to do that though so fingers crossed!

Ooh, and here's a picture :)

102DG12567.png

That dress is gorgeous. Im sure you will do great the next few weeks. I cant wait to shop in normal shops lol. xxx

It's lovely! You'll easily do it.

Oh my god thats absolutely gorgeous! Make sure you look at it every day to keep you motivated!!! You will look stunning!!!

wow that is a stunning dress !
I am excited thinking about jane norman and karen millen (bet my hubby's not cos of the price) !

Well done you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lovely dress and a wonderful feeling hun!
Loving the Karen Millen sale! :D
xxx

Fab dress! I'm sure it'll be fine in a few weeks and at least it's something to keep you motivated!!

I haven't plucked up the courage to try Jane Norman yet, now that I'm a 14 in most places (apart from my huge thighs!) I may have to try!!

OMG that dress is stunning I love it

How nice is that dress!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! x x

Love that dress! You must be excited at the prospect of wearing it. Have only ever once been in a Jane Norman shop, and have never browsed Karen Millen at all so its all alien to me but if thats a good example of what to expect i can't wait to be skinny enough to venture into normal shops! xx

Thanks everyone :) Butterfly, make sure the first time you venture into a Karen Millen shop that you have someone to hold you up when you look at the price tags, they're rather shocking! That's why I only buy in the sales and only on special occasions :eek:

That dress is GORGEOUS< I love everythign about it, i am sure it will fit you like a dream and you will feel fab in it. :D

OMG! That dress is gorge! I want it!!!!

totally gorge dress missus, when it's too big for you can I have it?

you'll look lovely, and enjoy the wedding x

Back