north wales?

BeverleyG

i could do with a diet buddy or just a nearby friend. i was wondering if anyone on here was nearby, im near rhyl in north wales and i have a car and licence so if not too far i could come meet ppl.
let me know.

Hi Beverley

I'm in Llandudno so very close by so we could arrange to meet up.

I know that there is a meet planned at the Trafford Centre for coffee in December.

There was also talk of meeting in Chester at some point. Not sure if that was a serious meet idea or not.

What diet are you doing btw?

im doing a combo of slimfast an detox / my own thing really, its workin so far an i gots a wii fit to make life easier ( in a twisted way) lol like exercise is easy! yeah would be nice to meet someone else who is like me cos all the ppl i know a stick figures and dont get it at all. i dont have many friends cos i dont trust ppl not to use me for their own good, i kinda doormat myself to help ppl and then they dump me when they dont need me anymore but being the only person overweight and dieting is lonely lol. i went shopping in llandudno the other week to feed my book addiction.

im doing a combo of slimfast an detox / my own thing really, its workin so far an i gots a wii fit to make life easier ( in a twisted way) lol like exercise is easy! yeah would be nice to meet someone else who is like me cos all the ppl i know a stick figures and dont get it at all. i dont have many friends cos i dont trust ppl not to use me for their own good, i kinda doormat myself to help ppl and then they dump me when they dont need me anymore but being the only person overweight and dieting is lonely lol. i went shopping in llandudno the other week to feed my book addiction.

I can understand about not trusting people, it is hard sometimes if you've been let down. I'm lucky that the friends I have are good people but I don't have many friends around here because I've not long moved back here from living in Scotland.

Llandudno is definately a good place for shopping - and I too have a book addiction lol.

We should arrange to meet up. I don't think you have access to PMs yet for me to send you contact details (you need 50 posts) so get posting and hopefully we can arrange something xxx

yeah i thought i should up my post count, used to reading stuff not writing it lol, doin my best. would deffo like to meet up and will have plenty of free time in a couple of weeks as my seasonal :)cry:) job ends and i will be a bum again for the winter.

yeah i thought i should up my post count, used to reading stuff not writing it lol, doin my best. would deffo like to meet up and will have plenty of free time in a couple of weeks as my seasonal :)cry:) job ends and i will be a bum again for the winter.

Best way to bump up your post count (so I've been told) is posting on the word association thread.

I'm free at weekends so we'll definately make arrangements - can't have you being bored over the winter lol

yeah lol cant endure another winter of boredom. 3 weeks to go i think til im unemployed, been applying for things like mad, but no replies yet.

yeah, shame tho if no one hires me they are missing out, im so lame but im one of those ppl that give 100% in a job simply cos im being paid lol. plus im practically running the club side of this holiday park so im in charge of like 15 staff and 3 bars so its not like i dont have skills to offer.

Yep, me too. I can't not give 100% on any job I do.

Is there nothing permanent in town going at the moment, or is that affected by the end of the season too? I suppose that there are less people around generally. I've been with my Dad who works on the pier here in Llandudno this afternoon and it was totally dead. He only has a few weeks left till he finishes for the end of the season too.

yeah there are'nt many perm jobs round here. rhyl dies in the winter and then the shops only want temp staff for xmas but i am willing to do anything this year cos i cant really afford to be jobless so temp til xmas work is better than nothing.

yeah there are'nt many perm jobs round here. rhyl dies in the winter and then the shops only want temp staff for xmas but i am willing to do anything this year cos i cant really afford to be jobless so temp til xmas work is better than nothing.

Have you tried somewhere like M&S. I worked as an Xmas temp for them here 2 years ago when I first moved here because I didn't have a job and couldn't afford not to work. They usually have loads of Xmas jobs. I applied at this time and the job started in November so it might fit in nicely for you. They were a good company to work for - even got a staff discount card as a temp lol

well hopefully it will work, the manager in game said if i wanted to apply all i need to do is drop in a cv so i will try that at a few places. evil bill need to be paid wether im employed or not so its a must. may even go tomorrow, depends what time i finish work and when i get up

I think you might be able to apply for M and S online as I know one of my colleagues retired last year and couldn't wait to sign up there for the discount card :D
x

well hopefully it will work, the manager in game said if i wanted to apply all i need to do is drop in a cv so i will try that at a few places. evil bill need to be paid wether im employed or not so its a must. may even go tomorrow, depends what time i finish work and when i get up

I'd go for it, bills definately do need to be paid unfortunately :(

Do you work shifts?

at the minute i work 5pm til 2am almost every day, i do a day shift 10am til 3pm on tues and have wed off. im running the place by myself tonight lol tho its not unusual cos i hardly see the manager anymore, its not busy so he leaves me to run it for him.

I suppose you get used to the late shift - it's no wonder you don't know what time you'll get up lol

If it's late you could go on Wednesday.

Would your manager give you a good reference saying that you look after the place on your own often because that would be a plus point for a new job.

i think he would as he wants me back next year to be official assistant manager as he will be running the bars on 2 holiday parks and will nees someone to stand in when he is away so he wont have to train up anyone else. he is a nice guy and would sing my praises to anyone that asked lol.

Back