Northern Ireland slimmers

Hi Erin, I'm Catherine and I'm from Belfast too, my class is on a Tuesday night. Just re-joined this site and SW again this week. Will have my first WI on Tuesday. Yeh there is so much free food you can eat, I was on top of it last time, but this time it has taken me a few days to get it into my head again. There are lots of threads on here, SW syns, SW recipes, lots of advice and words of support, have a nosy around and you can get a lot of inspiration from this site. I am going to use this thread to record my weekly loss (if I have any)! I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but if you need a moan or any advice just post it here, we are all in the same boat. Good luck with the rest of your week and for your WI

mistyme. hope you bought bella last week to join for free!

No I didnt realise that, however, I got a leaflet through the door and it implied that if you joined before the end of January you would get 2 weeks free, but in little tiny writing (that even a person with 20:20 vision would have missed) it said it was only free if you paid for 12 weeks in advance. I was a bit annoyed by that because funds where low last week and I had already promised a friend that I would go with her so had no other choice really. Not exactly false advertising but small print, very very small.:confused:

Hi Catherine, Thanks!

Good luck with your WI on Tuesday, I'm strangely looking forward to weigh in, think its because its my first week though. lol

Starting to find my way with it now so all is going good!

I'll post again after WI! ;)

Hi all,

First WI 3.5 lbs

Im delighted with that, had a bit of an up and down week. On the positive had a few walks, on the negative didnt start plan properly till Thursday and don't think I have eaten enough either, just wasn't that hungry. Hopefully I will be more consistent this week and my 2nd WI will be a better indicator of how I'm doing.

Was on SW before and the most I ever lost was 2.5 lbs in first week, so I am one step up from last time!

Good luck to everyone on their next WI, keep posting

HI fellow N irelanders!

I'm in newcastle and joined sw 4/1/11 lost 7lbs first week next weigh in tomorrow night. This is my first time on sw so all advice greatfully received!!!

Hi Fayhamy,

That loss is brilliant it does give you a boast, keep at it your definitely doing things right. Just keep logging on and have a look at new posts either on here or another thread. Post any questions you have and someone will always get back to you with good advice and support, good luck for this week and your next WI;););)

Hi Fayhamy,

That loss is brilliant it does give you a boast, keep at it your definitely doing things right. Just keep logging on and have a look at new posts either on here or another thread. Post any questions you have and someone will always get back to you with good advice and support, good luck for this week and your next WI;););)
Thanks so much Mistyme, finding these forums really great and am pleased to say I've now lost 1 stone:D!!! Its brillant to get support and realise your not on this weight loss journey especially from fellow n irelanders!

Thanks so much Mistyme, finding these forums really great and am pleased to say I've now lost 1 stone:D!!! Its brillant to get support and realise your not on this weight loss journey especially from fellow n irelanders!

That is absolutely brilliant, does that mean you have lost a stone in 2 weeks? It would take me forever to lose that. I bet that makes you feel so good and provides you a really stable platform to move forward, I think you really need that boast at the start, well done, looking forward to watching your progress;););)

Hiya girls, I do SW from home. I'm in Tyrone!

Hi, Im Catherine, welcome to the site, I hope it is benefiting you, it is much harder doing it on your own at home, I cant really afford to go to the class but if I didnt I would fall back into my wicked ways, the humiliation of going to class and putting on weight frightens the life out of me and motivates me to stay away from that chocolate cake! Good luck to you keep us up to date with your progress ;);););)

Hi, WI tonight, lost 1.5 lbs
Was bit disappointed, worked so hard this week, I no, I no, before anybody says anything a loss is a loss, Im not sure what I have to do to lose more each week, I dont understand how some people can lose twice that a week, followed all the rules, lots of fruit, salad and veg, superspeed food etc.
I no in many weeks to come when the loss gets slower I would be very happy with that I was just aiming to lose a bit more in the first few weeks just to get a good start. I suppose 5lbs in 2 weeks averages 2.5 lb a week so should really be happy with that. Just venting my frustration a bit, Im finished now, I swear!

Hey Ladies! :wave_cry:

I live in Co Armagh, Joined again two weeks ago (had a baby, so had a wee break, some cake etc :D)!

So far, have lost 3lb last week, and 3lb this week, so off to a decent start anyway. Tried to do it at home on my own, but need the weekly humiliation, sorry, weigh in, to motivate me! Want to get the baby weight off so I don't have to buy a new wardrobe of work clothes, going back in May!

Good luck ladies, hope to chat to you all soon!

NiniNaid x

i go to the albertbridge road weigh in
went tonight, lost 4.5lbs :D
got a sticker for getting past the half sotne mark too,well chuffed! :)

i go to the albertbridge road weigh in
went tonight, lost 4.5lbs :D
got a sticker for getting past the half sotne mark too,well chuffed! :)
Well done, how did you manage that? I could do with a few tips, mine is always very slow, you are doing great, keep it up ;);););)

Only just finding this now- I go to a class in north belfast. Joined 4 weeks ago and have lost 10.5lb so far :)

Hi everyone, I'm from Belfast too, started sw last week of nov and have lost 19.5lb so far :D very pleased with myself too! keep up the good work everyone!

Back