Not a newbie (to SW or these boards) - just returning...

IanH

Silver Member
I know a few people who have contacted me on Facebook to ask why i don't post here anymore. As you'll have seen today - I'm back.

The truth is that after being made redundant things got a bit stressful and as well as that - SW sometimes appeared to take over my life - it was easy to sit on boards like this or the multitude of ones on Facebook and I needed to step back for a little bit. A "little bit" turned into a few months. I'm still a member, albeit currently not at target (and for once - i'm over my target weight (by quite a bit) rather then under it). I just feel that now - i'm back in the right headspace to start participating in discussions again.

So "hello" to any old faces who remember me. and for those who haven't seen me before - again - "hello" :)

And for those that don't know me, a brief introduction - I started SW in December 2008 weighing in at just over 27.5st. I'm now sitting somewhere just under 13st, though I called my target at just over 12st a year ago (in fact a year ago tomorrow if memory serves me right) after loosing 15.5st. I've struggled - especially of late - but that's the way life is. I've picked up a few awards along the way (in-group "Man of the Year" 2010&2011, in-group "Greatest Loser" 2010&2011, in group "Top Target Member" 2011, National Finalist "Man of the Year 2010" (top 12, no placements given there) and National Finalist "Greatest Loser" 2010 (9th place) and 2011 (5th place). I've met some amazing people and done some crazy s**t in this journey (jumping out of a plane, walking on burning coals) and it has to be said - without the support, help, motivation of everyone I've met along the way (including on these boards) - I'd never have managed to get to where I am today.

Great to see you back Ian!
Sorry to hear you've been struggling recently, we all have times like these but they can be overcome and I'm confident you will get back into target soon.

Lots of support here as always! X

Hi Ian,

Welcome back. Sorry to hear that things have been difficult for you. No need for apologies about not being here - this community is here for you when you need it and it helps and will wait for you when you don't. Well done on coming back and well done on keeping (most of) the weight off - a huge achievement.

Gail x

Welcome back and what an achievement!

Hi - welcome back! Good for you for coming back before your weight got out of hand. You'll have those pounds off again in no time - I thought you were going to say you'd put most of it back on as I was reading through your post! (as if!)

Sorry things have been tough for you, hope things are on the up and improving now.

Back