• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

NOT ATTACK - Tofu yoghurt cake

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
S: 141kg C: 49.9kg G: 36.3kg BMI: 17.7 Loss: 91.1kg(64.62%)
By popular demand, here is the tofu yoghurt cake we've been raving about. You need to find SILKEN TOFU. This recipe contains a tolerated ingredient, so is unsuitable for ATTACK or if your weight loss is slow or stalling.

Easy version:
Ingredients:
- 150g silken tofu,
- two 100g smooth fat free yoghurts (lemon flavour is great if you can find it) (or 1 x 190g muller lite!).
- 2 level tablespoons corn flour (counts 2 x tolerated items - ie whole day's worth if you eat whole "cake")
1 egg
2 tablespoons sweetener
Whisk together with hand whisk + don't worry if lumpy!

Pour into 8" silicon round mould (or silicon muffin cases - not as good though). Bake 150°C 20-40 mins (being deliberately vague here, cos I've two ovens and each cooks it differently!).

I sometimes turn oven off and let it cool therein. Cut when cool. I get 10 slices out of mine - 5 days.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

robinhood

Gold Member
S: 10st9.5lb C: 10st7lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 23.7 Loss: 0st2.5lb(1.67%)
Where do you find silken tofu, Jo? I've found the 'normal' one OK but never seen this one. I'm guessing organic supermarkets? Is it chilled?

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
Do you have access to any speciality Asian food stores, Robin? That's where I find mine (Chinese has it long life (it says "soft" on it); Japanese has it fresh (and I go by how it looks cos there's no writing I can understand on it!).

robinhood

Gold Member
S: 10st9.5lb C: 10st7lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 23.7 Loss: 0st2.5lb(1.67%)
Thanks Jo, I will go hunting! Maybe now Dukan has added the tofu to the ever-growing list, it will eventually pop up in supermarkets.

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
Oatbran has now popped up in my local Auchan in the country - dearer per kilo than in the organic shop in the city! Definitely worth watching out for that sort of thing!

I just French googled "tofu soyeux, Dukan" and some say they find it in the fresh counter of their bio shop.

anjuschka

Dukan Ancestor!!
S: 76kg C: 66.3kg G: 64kg BMI: 22.9 Loss: 9.7kg(12.77%)
Thanks for the recipe, tried it this weekend. I had no flavoured yoghurts handy so used plain and added some vanilla essence and also grated rind of 1/2 lemon (probably not allowed before Conso though).

Used the long-life 'firm' silken tofu that comes in a block and blitzed it in my blender till really smooth. Then mixed in everything else.

Baked at 150C for the full 40+ minutes, in a loaf tin, and cut into 12 'fingers'. Delicious cheese-cake like flavour (my home made yoghurt is quite acidic).

One to repeat! See pic.

Attachments

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
Up....

This recipe is fine without tofu... now that Muller's are condemned, perhaps with quark/fromage frais and food flavouring rather... particularly on attack or if not losing well given that there's another tolerated ingredient there (cornflour)?

Mark James

Laughing Gravy
S: 16st2lb C: 12st11lb G: 12st10lb BMI: 26.4 Loss: 3st5lb(20.8%)
Thanks for the recipe, Jo. I Couldn't find silken tofu anywhere, then I remembered a Chinese supermarket in Leeds and they have tons of the stuff.

The 'cake' was delicious, very moreish - the texture almost defies description. In fact it does defy description, but I like it. Mm-hmm.

S: 12st0lb C: 11st6lb G: 9st12lb BMI: 26.6 Loss: 0st8lb(4.76%)
Don't know what it would be like but Asda seem to have some:

"Great for entr?es & desserts. Soyabean Curd. EACH MORI-NU BOX IS A LITTLE TOFU "FACTORY." A blend of wholesome soybeans, water, and natural coagulant is poured into each Mori-Nu package. Once hermetically sealed, the rich soymilk is transformed into creamy, silken tofu right inside the box."

I wonder if that's how its usually made. May have to get my next load of shopping delivered from them just to try this recipe!

I read a bit further and this one says its 'firm' silken TOFU so I've found some available mailorder from goodness direct that is 'soft'. Does it matter which I go for do you think?

S: 17st4lb C: 10st12lb G: 10st1lb BMI: 24.5 Loss: 6st6lb(37.19%)
Just found this, going to have it next week made with 0% and flavourings. Thanks Jo.