NOT ATTACK - Tofu yoghurt cake

Discussion in 'Dukan Recipes' started by Maintainer, 20 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    By popular demand, here is the tofu yoghurt cake we've been raving about. You need to find SILKEN TOFU. This recipe contains a tolerated ingredient, so is unsuitable for ATTACK or if your weight loss is slow or stalling.

Easy version:
    Ingredients:
    - 150g silken tofu,
    - two 100g smooth fat free yoghurts (lemon flavour is great if you can find it) (or 1 x 190g muller lite!).
    - 2 level tablespoons corn flour (counts 2 x tolerated items - ie whole day's worth if you eat whole "cake")
    1 egg
    2 tablespoons sweetener
    Whisk together with hand whisk + don't worry if lumpy!

Pour into 8" silicon round mould (or silicon muffin cases - not as good though). Bake 150°C 20-40 mins (being deliberately vague here, cos I've two ovens and each cooks it differently!).

I sometimes turn oven off and let it cool therein. Cut when cool. I get 10 slices out of mine - 5 days.

Mark James likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. robinhood

robinhood Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.67%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    Where do you find silken tofu, Jo? I've found the 'normal' one OK but never seen this one. I'm guessing organic supermarkets? Is it chilled?

4. Maintainer

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Do you have access to any speciality Asian food stores, Robin? That's where I find mine (Chinese has it long life (it says "soft" on it); Japanese has it fresh (and I go by how it looks cos there's no writing I can understand on it!).

5. robinhood

robinhood Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.67%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    Thanks Jo, I will go hunting! Maybe now Dukan has added the tofu to the ever-growing list, it will eventually pop up in supermarkets.

6. Maintainer

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Oatbran has now popped up in my local Auchan in the country - dearer per kilo than in the organic shop in the city! Definitely worth watching out for that sort of thing!

I just French googled "tofu soyeux, Dukan" and some say they find it in the fresh counter of their bio shop.

7. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

Start Weight:
    76kg
    Current Weight:
    66.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    64kg
    Lost(%):
    9.7kg(12.77%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan (Stabilized)
    Thanks for the recipe, tried it this weekend. I had no flavoured yoghurts handy so used plain and added some vanilla essence and also grated rind of 1/2 lemon (probably not allowed before Conso though).

Used the long-life 'firm' silken tofu that comes in a block and blitzed it in my blender till really smooth. Then mixed in everything else.

Baked at 150C for the full 40+ minutes, in a loaf tin, and cut into 12 'fingers'. Delicious cheese-cake like flavour (my home made yoghurt is quite acidic).

One to repeat! See pic.

Attached Files:

8. Maintainer

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Up....

This recipe is fine without tofu... now that Muller's are condemned, perhaps with quark/fromage frais and food flavouring rather... particularly on attack or if not losing well given that there's another tolerated ingredient there (cornflour)?

9. Mark James

Mark James Laughing Gravy

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(20.8%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Thanks for the recipe, Jo. I Couldn't find silken tofu anywhere, then I remembered a Chinese supermarket in Leeds and they have tons of the stuff.

The 'cake' was delicious, very moreish - the texture almost defies description. In fact it does defy description, but I like it. Mm-hmm.

10. HanSpan

HanSpan Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.76%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Don't know what it would be like but Asda seem to have some:

"Great for entr?es & desserts. Soyabean Curd. EACH MORI-NU BOX IS A LITTLE TOFU "FACTORY." A blend of wholesome soybeans, water, and natural coagulant is poured into each Mori-Nu package. Once hermetically sealed, the rich soymilk is transformed into creamy, silken tofu right inside the box."

I wonder if that's how its usually made. May have to get my next load of shopping delivered from them just to try this recipe!

I read a bit further and this one says its 'firm' silken TOFU so I've found some available mailorder from goodness direct that is 'soft'. Does it matter which I go for do you think?

11. CaledoniaDreaming

CaledoniaDreaming Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st1lb
    Lost(%):
    6st6lb(37.19%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Just found this, going to have it next week made with 0% and flavourings. Thanks Jo.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.