Cruise PV Oat Bran Loaf Cake

Discussion in 'Dukan Recipes' started by StefRose, 5 October 2011 Social URL.

1. StefRose

StefRose Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    This came out really well, so I thought I'd share! I didn't put any sugar in, so it came out like a (slightly sweet) bread, which is what I was going for this time, but if you add the sugar, I'm sure it would be just like a cake, and satisfy your cake cravings! There are 10 servings in this (10 x 2tbsp of oat bran), obviously only for PV days! The one debatable point is the oil - I put 50mls in the whole cake, which works out at 1 tsp per day - as I don't have oil anywhere else, I'm willing to let this slide, as I think it improves it! It could also count as one of your "tolerated foods". If you try it without though, do let me know how it turns out!

1 and 1/4 cups of oat bran
    1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
    2 teaspoon baking powder
    2 tsp mixed spice
    1/4 tsp table salt
    1 cup squash/pumpkin puree (from 1 whole squash, instructions below)
    2 eggs, large
    50 mls oil
    1/2 cup brown sugar Splenda if poss, or just normal sweetener.

Quarter the squash or pumpkin, scoop out the seeds and place in a baking tray. Roast in an oven at 150 C, then leave to cool for about 15 mins. Peel off the skin, then cut into cubes and blitz in a blender or with a hand blender.
    Turn oven to 180 C.
    Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray, and line with greaseproof paper.
    Add the ingredients together in a large bowl, one at a time in order, and mix thoroughly. Pour into loaf tin and bake for 40 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean.

(I also thought - i could have put seeds on the top - aren't linseeds a tolerated food?)

Let me know what you think! :)

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.