Not been in fridge since started diet

frecklesy

I do have another member of the household but I'm not cooking for him right now.u c on 1st day I nearly caved in with the tea he had so I just leaving him to it.
Anyway iv not been in the fridge for 6 days now...it feels really really weird...and great as I'd usually b looking for food in it everytime I supposedly felt hungry (all of the time)
Anyone in same boat?

or if u r making food how on earth do u stick to the plan?

xx

I'm the same. Had to give away an entire box of veg I'd had delivered as I made such a snap decision to do this diet. Emptied one cupboard out and just put in the shakes, flapjacks and free sachets of the fiber powder in there with teas and coffees so I don't have to go to any other part of the kitchen. I do still find myself opening the frigde though - for no reason at all. It's like a reflex action my left arm does as I walk past.... hahahaha no wonder I'm on this diet :)

Day 6 for me too. Am feeling OK. Cold is going and I'm starting to feel a bit hungry. Think the pain of the first few days kept me focused and stopped me thinking about food!!! How's it going for you?
x

I live on my own now so don't have to cook for anyone or watch anyone else eat, which takes away loads of temptation obviously but that isn't always a good thing as when i do go into a situation filled with temptations it won't be normal or something i'm used.

My fridge and cupboards are completely empty except for bottled water and lipotrim. I threw everything away when i started, everything lol.

My fridge is the cleanest its ever been! and no wasted food:D

This just made me laugh.... My OH regularly runs out of milk/clover/cheese... things like that.... i do the shopping as i have an extra day off.... but i just miss stuff like that as obviously i dont use it....

I do batch cook lots of stuff... when feeling motivated!!! Or after weigh in!!! When i'm buzzing!! x

My OH is loving me being on LT as for some bizarre reason I am finding baking and cooking takes my mind of not being able to eat??? (prob some deep rooted if I can't feed me I'll feed you type thing going on but I have never baked or cooked as much for a long time- it may also have something to do with being off work this week n he might to do the family cooking/ shopping himself next week lol :)

I'm on day 7 and have really struggled not to eat anything today as have felt really hungry? (proud of myself for not doing n think it must be something to do with nearly being TOTM - does anyone else get like this?

Thanks Caroline

My OH is loving me being on LT as for some bizarre reason I am finding baking and cooking takes my mind of not being able to eat??? (prob some deep rooted if I can't feed me I'll feed you type thing going on but I have never baked or cooked as much for a long time- it may also have something to do with being off work this week n he might to do the family cooking/ shopping himself next week lol :)

I'm on day 7 and have really struggled not to eat anything today as have felt really hungry? (proud of myself for not doing n think it must be something to do with nearly being TOTM - does anyone else get like this?

Thanks Caroline
Yeah hun.... its really common!!! Bloody TOTM!!!

Well day 6 is over and as is per usual I feel rough in the evenings but pretty good in the mornings which is weird as iv not had water for a good few hours while I'm asleep.
The pharmacist said water gives energy throughout the diet.so feel goo this morning.
I had my weigh in yesterday & lost 8lbs in 6 days. Today I jumped on scales and lost another 2lb. So I was 12st 10lbs and I am now 12st.yippee! Another 2stone to go now if only I'd lose 10lb a week!!!!!!

How are u all getting on?
Good to hear I'm not the only one not in the fridge, think I'd quite like to get to the point where I'm baking for others but I think I'd lick a spoon or something without even thinking so may have to wait before I do so
X

I live on my own now so don't have to cook for anyone or watch anyone else eat, which takes away loads of temptation obviously but that isn't always a good thing as when i do go into a situation filled with temptations it won't be normal or something i'm used.

My fridge and cupboards are completely empty except for bottled water and lipotrim. I threw everything away when i started, everything lol.

Me too hun, except for my two gorgeous cats!! Don't think I'll be dipping into their stash anytime soon!!!!!!! It really helps, fridge is emptyish except for long-life tins of random stuff (just so it's not bare if anyone looks in as no-one knows I'm on this plan!) Have some back-up goodies in the cupboards for visitors so they're the only temptations around. But I'm so determined now to get to goal that I don't even look at them! Keep the momentum up sweetie, it'll be soooo worth it!

x S

Me too hun, except for my two gorgeous cats!! Don't think I'll be dipping into their stash anytime soon!!!!!!! It really helps, fridge is emptyish except for long-life tins of random stuff (just so it's not bare if anyone looks in as no-one knows I'm on this plan!) Have some back-up goodies in the cupboards for visitors so they're the only temptations around. But I'm so determined now to get to goal that I don't even look at them! Keep the momentum up sweetie, it'll be soooo worth it!

x S

Go you with the will power to not eat the cat food lol ;)

It will be worth and i'm really determined too.

How come you've not told anyone you're on the LT? x

I'd rather just get on with it quietly as a lot of people can be very opinionated! If anyone asks me how I'm losing the weight I just say that I've cut out all the junk food and have upped the exercise, both of which are true! The less potential well-meaning sabotaging comments about the plan the better methinks, as that's what's swayed me during past attempts at losing weight! But that's just me. I know having friend's and family's support with anything is a great thing to have. But for me, it's just between me & the cats!!

x S

I'd rather just get on with it quietly as a lot of people can be very opinionated! If anyone asks me how I'm losing the weight I just say that I've cut out all the junk food and have upped the exercise, both of which are true! The less potential well-meaning sabotaging comments about the plan the better methinks, as that's what's swayed me during past attempts at losing weight! But that's just me. I know having friend's and family's support with anything is a great thing to have. But for me, it's just between me & the cats!!

x S

I understand completely what you mean. Last time i did this i had my then partner now ex being a complete ass about it all and he de-motivated me massively. My mum and sisters, who are all size 10-12's are very opinionated too and made it difficult too, plus a few friends were the same .. they all have the best intentions but don't realise the adverse affect it has to a person on this diet.

The starting every different diet you can think of and never sticking to it and the always starting Monday etc over the years were probably a contributing factor to their lack of support. Probably seen it as another crazy Katie diet plan.

I also think it adds pressure to prove them all wrong and actually stick to it .. so i decided to not tell any of them this time, not even my friends. The only people who know are my work colleagues who i couldn't not tell as we work in such a small team. They have all been supportive so far x

I know your feeling it's just so hard being on this diet not knowing what to tell people! At the moment I'm working with two guys out on the client's site so everyday for lunch I just say to them I'm working through lunch and then sneak down to my car to have my shake lol

The less people that know your on this diet I think the better!! People do judge I hate when they say "oh god I dont know how your doing that" then that gets into your head and then you think to yourself oh maybe I should go off it and feel sorry for yourself but thats not going to happen this time :)

Note to self when thinking about eating food just picture girls on LT eating cat food! that will defo turn me off food :)

x

x

Katie hun you could be talking about my life there too!!!
Great to meet people who've been through the same experiences. My sis remains an annoyingly svelte size 8-10 no matter how much she eats and she's always hungry!! As do my brothers & mother.
Yes people always feel obliged to give their opinion and tell you that you've been so good that one little slice of cake won't hurt! Little do they know that the one little slice is never enough and you'll more than likely come back round to that way of thinking and decide that yes you do deserve a break......and the cycle start s again!!
And you're right about the added pressure when loads of people know. You know that they're just waiting for you to stumble YET AGAIN so you say to yourself "Oh well, no one expects me to succeed this time anyway so why bother."
We are doing this for OURSELVES alone and well and good when the compliments start coming we can choose whether or not to explain the hows and whys.
We're so on the same wavelength hun, glad to meet you and can't wait til we get to our ultimate goals!

x S

I know your feeling it's just so hard being on this diet not knowing what to tell people! At the moment I'm working with two guys out on the client's site so everyday for lunch I just say to them I'm working through lunch and then sneak down to my car to have my shake lol

The less people that know your on this diet I think the better!! People do judge I hate when they say "oh god I dont know how your doing that" then that gets into your head and then you think to yourself oh maybe I should go off it and feel sorry for yourself but thats not going to happen this time :)

Note to self when thinking about eating food just picture girls on LT eating cat food! that will defo turn me off food :)

x

x

Aww bless having to go to the car to sneak a shake ... it is sad isn't it when we are forced to hide it through fear of non supportive and/or ignorant opinions. There is so many elements to this journey that are hard and the no food is just the first of many.

We will do it :) x

Katie hun you could be talking about my life there too!!!
Great to meet people who've been through the same experiences. My sis remains an annoyingly svelte size 8-10 no matter how much she eats and she's always hungry!! As do my brothers & mother.
Yes people always feel obliged to give their opinion and tell you that you've been so good that one little slice of cake won't hurt! Little do they know that the one little slice is never enough and you'll more than likely come back round to that way of thinking and decide that yes you do deserve a break......and the cycle start s again!!
And you're right about the added pressure when loads of people know. You know that they're just waiting for you to stumble YET AGAIN so you say to yourself "Oh well, no one expects me to succeed this time anyway so why bother."
We are doing this for OURSELVES alone and well and good when the compliments start coming we can choose whether or not to explain the hows and whys.
We're so on the same wavelength hun, glad to meet you and can't wait til we get to our ultimate goals!

x S

My mum, sisters and brother (even my dad lol) can all eat what they like and never put any weight on .. they have never had a weight issue at all and they can't understand why i have. My mum says "join Slimming World and the gym, you're young it'll fly off" .. i just nod and smile but deep down i think shut up because if it was that easy i'd be doing that. Arrghh. She is my most harsh critic and although i love her .. sometimes she drives me insane.

I look at my sisters and always wish i could be them, solely because they are slim. I hate the having girlie days with them and my mum because shopping is where i become the bag lady whilst they all try fabulous clothes on and lunch is where i feel everyone is looking at me because i'm the odd one out.

I sound like i feel right sorry for myself .. which i don't as it is my fault, and solely my fault why i feel like that but i feel like the outsider in my family sometimes because of my weight. It affects so much.

It is added pressure, defo .. the more people you tell the more expectation there is. Failure is not an option and you begin doing the diet for the totally wrong reasons. You're so right we are doing it for ourselves.

Pleasure to meet you too and i promise i don't always rant lol :) xx

I'll happily lend a virtual ear and shoulder for a right good rant whenever you want it Katie!
We both know that the responsibility lies in our own laps and only we can change things for the better. We'll just take each day at a time and at the dawn of each new day we'll be one step closer down the road to the happy, healthy, beautiful selves that we deserve and want to be.
Mothers especially always mean well but sometimes don't understand when they're not in the same position. Look forward to the day when you're all hitting the shops and YOU'RE the one bounding into the fitting-room with armfuls of clothes to try on!

xx S

I'll happily lend a virtual ear and shoulder for a right good rant whenever you want it Katie!
We both know that the responsibility lies in our own laps and only we can change things for the better. We'll just take each day at a time and at the dawn of each new day we'll be one step closer down the road to the happy, healthy, beautiful selves that we deserve and want to be.
Mothers especially always mean well but sometimes don't understand when they're not in the same position. Look forward to the day when you're all hitting the shops and YOU'RE the one bounding into the fitting-room with armfuls of clothes to try on!

xx S

Aww thanks hun ... vice versa too :)

The responsibility sure does lie with us and only we can make a change ... we will do exactly that. We'll prove them all wrong and show them one time we actually did succeed.

I can't wait for that day either :)

xxx

Aaaah being reading all your posts ladies and they are lovely completely understand where you're all coming from.
The only ppl who know of me doing it is my husband who is being very supportive, can't tell my mother as she would go crazy! Think her opinion really affects me so the less she knows the better. She is Italian and would b horrified if she knew I wasn't eating a proper meal.
Your stories are so encouraging. Thanks for sharing xx

Back