Not been in McD's or BK since starting plan!

Maximus

Gold Member
Can anyone recommend me a meal that would do the least damage?

By meal, I mean burger-based, & fries & drink. Obviously the drink would be diet coke (my drink of choice anyways).

Presumably it would be a small fries with a chicken-based burger (no mayo or sauces etc.).

I know I can have apple etc. and choose salad, but i can actually do that at home - in fact I could have free fries from the Tefal Actifry.

Just fancy doing this rather than feeling deprived. Any ideas?

Steve

not sure sorry steve they are all pretty high, but if it were me would have a happy meal - small so fewer syns and you could have your treat and not blow it

I went to weigh in last week and put on 1lb and half and came out furious , anyway , i was on the road and bursting for a wee and had to go on to burger king , of course the temptation was there. I ordered a kids meal with burger and fries and a diet coke , not happy with just that , i also ordered a regular onion rings. Total syn value - are you ready for this ......59 syns - i nearly laid an egg when i came home and looked it up - is it worth it , is it hell !!!!!

Well, I am probably the wrong person to be asking this, as you couldn't get me into a McDonalds again if you paid me (once was more than enough!).

But as you have not been there since October, and have got out of the habit, why would you want to go back?

I am not sure Steve - perhaps the Fillet of Fish without sauce? or a plain hamburger???

As others have said, just dont do it!!!!

Good luck matie xxx

oh i love chicken nuggets! anyone know of a SW friendly way of re-creating these battered lovelies??? *dribble*

Hiya,

Your lowest syn 'burger types' are fillet o fish (18 syns) & McChicken sandwich is 19. If you're looking for a proper meat burger a big mac & quarter pounder with cheese are both 25 syns, a double cheeseburger is 22.5 and a double quarter pounder with cheese is 36 syns.

Fries - small= 8.5 (12 on red)
medium=12 (17 on red)
large=16.5 (23.5 on red)

Writing this all down has helped me to see why I am the weight I am. I used to eat a large chicken sandwich meal with a double cheeseburger at least once a week (sometimes in addition to 3 meals) and often it was 2 or 3 times per week. I haven't been since before new year and I'm really proud of myself. Having said that if you fancy something and syn it up and decide it's worth the syns then I say go for it. I had fish & chips last week and cut back on my syns afterwards to make up for it and still lost 3lb.

HTH

Also - McDonalds seem to be less syns than Burger King for burgers but the fries are similar amounts of syns.

I just looked up a strawberry milkshake which I used to allow myself as a treat (pre-SW) and a large one is 25.5 syns!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I had a McChicken Sandwich and Fries on the train home on Saturday night. After consuming beer and wine.

I don't think tonight's WI is gonna go well. xxx

I was a bit naughty this week and had a chinese on Wed night and 2 bottles of wine on Fri with 2 slices of pizza hut to soak it up. Amazingly todays WI said 3lb loss.

Fingers crossed for you:p

I've been pretty bad too! We went to the pub for tea on Sat night and I have Southern fried chicken and curly fries then went to a Chinese buffet on Sun for lunch.
Maybe I should skip this weeks weigh in because it's going too be bad!

Well, I am probably the wrong person to be asking this, as you couldn't get me into a McDonalds again if you paid me (once was more than enough!).

But as you have not been there since October, and have got out of the habit, why would you want to go back?

That's a very good question and to give an honest answer, my great mate Dave is fighting cancer and traditionally we always used to call in to McD's or BK after a good days birdwatching.

Dave has suffered dramatic and unhealthy weightloss, (cancer-related sadly) but is now fighting back and able to eat and hopefully beginning the road to recovery.

Just once I'd like to visit because I feel in control, but wanted to know the potential damage lol.

So while I fully take your point, please understand I actually liked burger places (not every day or every week of course) but mainly to not deny myself completely, and a touch of getting back to normality for my mate thrown in.

Hence and in and out job with damage limitation.

I've been pretty bad too! We went to the pub for tea on Sat night and I have Southern fried chicken and curly fries then went to a Chinese buffet on Sun for lunch.
Maybe I should skip this weeks weigh in because it's going too be bad!

Caz, I really suggest that you try to stay on plan as much as possible between now & weigh in and still go to get weighed. It's always a danger if you miss a weigh in because you've been bad to skip another and before you know it you've totally abandoned the plan. Trust me - I've done it myself in the past!!! It's much better to weigh, draw a line under it and then see a loss the following week!

I was a bit naughty this week and had a chinese on Wed night and 2 bottles of wine on Fri with 2 slices of pizza hut to soak it up. Amazingly todays WI said 3lb loss.

Fingers crossed for you:p

Unfortunately, I think I used up all my luck over the past two weeks and I put on a pound. Totally deserved it though! xx

That's a very good question and to give an honest answer, my great mate Dave is fighting cancer and traditionally we always used to call in to McD's or BK after a good days birdwatching.

Dave has suffered dramatic and unhealthy weightloss, (cancer-related sadly) but is now fighting back and able to eat and hopefully beginning the road to recovery.

Just once I'd like to visit because I feel in control, but wanted to know the potential damage lol.

So while I fully take your point, please understand I actually liked burger places (not every day or every week of course) but mainly to not deny myself completely, and a touch of getting back to normality for my mate thrown in.

Hence and in and out job with damage limitation.

Oh dear, now I feel a bit guilty for having commented without knowing the facts (a dreadful habit of mine!) but thank you for replying. And it does sound as if you have everything under control.

Obviously I am in a minority here as everyone else seems to regard McDonalds fondly - perhaps my dreadful experience was not typical.

Aww behave yourself, besides, he's fed up of being wrapped up in cotton wool and it's mine/our "gallows" humour that keeps him going.

I can well understand your McD avoidance though. I have exactly the same thoughts about the Colonel and his fine chicken emporium! as KFC completely under-whelms me and I love chicken.

Oh and for the attention of Caz.

I have chicken and chips or fish & chips at least once per week and all syn free (with peas too) just do them SW-style and you're cooking with gas.

Can I also add (for dramatic, yet honest effect) that since I haven't been in any of these places since July, the rather expensive Tefal Actifry has paid for itself.

Oh, don't get me started on KFC! A friend of mine insisted that we go there because of some nostalgia thing she had going - didn't really understand it! - and it was even worse than McD's!

Back