Not doing so well =/

Cookeh

Recovering Cookie Addict
Hi folks

Well it's been a difficult week this week. I think all the stress of the last 3 weeks has caught up with me, not to mention TOTM was over a week late, and this week I am absolutely ravenous.

I confess I have had to have more meal replacements than is allowed just for the sake of not coming off onto real food altogether but it's tough. Ive not had appetite suppression from ketosis this time around but this hunger I have now is unlike anything I've had since I was eating really badly.

Im still on *diet* calories most days so technically I shouldn't gain weight although I have a feeling with the slight increase in carbs Im going to get a STS this week.

I'm not really bothered so much about that, it's just the fact that I'm so hungry!! lol Seriously, I have been ignoring my hunger for months, why now? *sighs* Oh well, I just really wanted to come in here and get it off my chest. I'm trying to cut down by one meal a day back to 3 again but so far it hasn't quite worked out that way. My personal feeling is better to have 5 or 6 meal replacements (LT and Exante) than to switch right back to real food (because Im so hungry I couldnt cope with refeed right now -.- ).

If anyone out there is reading this and really struggling with the diet please let it give you hope. I've been having awesome weeks, terrible weeks and ok weeks and I'm still here, still plodding onwards, taking a little longer to get to my goal, but not giving up. If I can do it I know you all can do it too. The rewards that await us are totally worth the effort :)

Sorry you're having a rough time Cookeh....just a thought but if you're having more than three tfr meal replacements a day then you're not going to be in ketosis cos you'll be having too many carbs so why not just have a protein -only meal? It'll fill you up and help ease you back into ketosis. I just had king prawns and a large mixed salad for dinner, virtually no carbs, loads of protein and I feel really satisfied.

Worth a try......

Sorry you're having a miserable time at the moment. You've come so far. Your BMI is almost in the healthy category which much be such a boost and to lose 6st is an amazing achievement. Well done and I hope you feel better soon.

If anyone out there is reading this and really struggling with the diet please let it give you hope. I've been having awesome weeks, terrible weeks and ok weeks and I'm still here, still plodding onwards, taking a little longer to get to my goal, but not giving up. If I can do it I know you all can do it too. The rewards that await us are totally worth the effort :)

Thanks Cookeh. I've just put a post in my diary on here basically saying i am having the night from hell with hunger.
I am going to bed in a minute rather than give in.
I am hoping that ketosis will kick in soon as i am now doing this 100% and not being weak every other evening.
You really are an inspiration to us so i hope things get better for you soon xx

Hi there, I'm on day 8 and I too am still starving every day (worse arvo/eve) and its really been getting me down...the one thing that made me think I'd b able to stick to this was when i read that ketosis suppresses appetite...so far for me this hasn't happened and I know I cudnt go on for wks feeling like this, I've stuck it out up to now and bought Week 2 supplies today but that's cos I've still got hope I'll wake up the next day with my "eureka!" moment that I'm def in K, don't feel as starving and feel really good/more energy....praying it comes very soon cos feeling so hungry/weak is makin me quite sad!x

SandraB said:
Sorry you're having a rough time Cookeh....just a thought but if you're having more than three tfr meal replacements a day then you're not going to be in ketosis cos you'll be having too many carbs so why not just have a protein -only meal? It'll fill you up and help ease you back into ketosis. I just had king prawns and a large mixed salad for dinner, virtually no carbs, loads of protein and I feel really satisfied.

Worth a try......

Sandra - that is of course the perfect solution and there's a time I would have done exactly that but every time I have I've ended up falling off the wagon completely =\ I'm trying to avoid eating until I'm actually done with the diet so I don't have in my mind that I have to go back to it if that makes sense. I know my carb intake is too high for ketosis and the consequences of this but I'm picking the lesser of two evils, as weird as that sounds lol

Thank you everyone for your support. It's hard not to feel a bit of a failure for not sticking to it so am only focusing on my losses and so far am fending off those thoughts. Still feeling ravenous but going to try and hold out today as much as possible, fingers crossed.

hjc77 said:
Hi there, I'm on day 8 and I too am still starving every day (worse arvo/eve) and its really been getting me down...the one thing that made me think I'd b able to stick to this was when i read that ketosis suppresses appetite...so far for me this hasn't happened and I know I cudnt go on for wks feeling like this, I've stuck it out up to now and bought Week 2 supplies today but that's cos I've still got hope I'll wake up the next day with my "eureka!" moment that I'm def in K, don't feel as starving and feel really good/more energy....praying it comes very soon cos feeling so hungry/weak is makin me quite sad!x

Hjc .... I was 100% for twelve weeks last year, and all the way through I kept saying... I can't be in ketosis as I'm still starving...

Forget the fact my breath stunk like skunk lol

Sometimes it's just your brain telling you that you should be hungry, this stupid brain tells you this more (I've found out) when you restart TFR lol bummer !!

I actually thought about it afterwards and I was feeling hungry but only half hour to an hour before my shake/soup was due... So then put it down to the fact that it had retrained my brain to know when it should get the urge to eat.... Around meal times!

Hope that helps... You can do this one week at a time...

Cookeh... My thoughts are with you, one day at a time for both of us...

Less of two evils is definitely better than what i did today...

Had my breakfast, had a row with the car wash people after the scratched the car! And I was do angry pissed off and upset I went and bought a bacon and cheese turnover from the co-op!!

I'd like to say I got home came to my senses and gave it the dog,,, but no I stuffed my face with it lol

Wish I'd have had a less of two evils lol

Good luck hun x

sorry to hear your having a bad week cookeh :( , i know you can keep going keep strong and look towards the finish line.. its nearly here for you :) ...

Aww Amanda Ive done that sort of thing a couple of times, its crazy but at the time the sheer *need* to do it overrides everything else, doesn't it? Just carry on the rest of your day as though it never happened hon, its only a tiny slip and you can easily recover from it. Hope you enjoyed every forbidden mouthful! Hehe

Ahhhh cookeh sorry to hear you are having a rough time. i have had a back week too...the difference is i gave in to temptation.

You have so so well just keep going (big big hugs to you)

You've gotta do what you've gotta do........I had the odd extra shake or bar along the way too cos it didn't feel like I was cheating as it wasn't real food.....I do know exactly what you mean honey x

Back