Not easy

Callmemoo

Hi all. I've never joined a support forum before so thought I'd give it a try to hopefully give and get a little support. I've begun my sw journey again but really struggle with the planning. Problem is my OH won't do it my 8 year old won't eat it so I'm making 3 meals a night! Driving me mad lol. Plus weigh day yesterday and maintained. Gutted thought I'd lose this week. Also in early stage of menopause so really tired. Any tips peeps!

Hi Callmemoo :)
Good luck with the weight loss. Try making tasty meals and tell hubby they aren't SW friendly, he will never know the difference! SW food is so yummy!

Just make sure 1/3rd of your plate is speed food and you should start seeing a loss :) Good tip I read on here, grate carrots into sauces and stuff (bolognese/curry etc) and it kind of disintergrates, but is still there, so you're getting the speed food without really noticing. I always add peppers to most things too.
Also, even when you've put speed into the meal, it's worth having a side salad or another actual 1/3rd of veg on your plate.

As for being tired all the time, if you like Liver that would be really good to eat as it's full of iron. I know theres iron in veg and broccoli etc but my doctor says even though it's full of iron our bodies don't really absorb the iron from veg, so you're best trying to eat liver or other dark red meat :)

If you need any help with anything please let me know :) x

Back